Is Eternal Glory still worth it?

How to get started.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, lythac

Re: Is Eternal Glory still worth it?

Postby Treck » Sat May 21, 2011 2:12 pm

theckhd wrote:I don't really see the logic in that Treck. EG is strictly worse for DPS than SotP, provided you're using Truth. And as you pointed out in the AT&C thread earlier today, there are rarely reasons not to use Truth. So for the vast majority of the time, SotP will be the better choice.

What "convenience" does it afford? Saving 3 Holy Power is irrelevant for survivability due to WoG's cooldown, so the only thing EG gives you is some occasional snap threat on a boss or add with SotR. But I'm having trouble imagining a scenario where that's likely to be an issue.

The fact that EG procs off of WoG has very little relevance any more. You're choosing between two mediocre DPS talents, that's all.

The thing i like about it is that you get a lot less of a DPS loss by choosing to heal yourself with the talent.

Awyndel wrote:SoT is not a small damage component.

Does SotP actually increase Censure dmg? or only Seal of Truth dmg?
Censure stands for about 7-9% of your total dmg, it can reach up to 15% on heavy aoe fights, but thats about it.
Seal of Truth stands for up to 6% of your dmg, and it obviously goes down as Censure dmg goes up.
Increasing that with 12%, is a very small damage component.
Treck

Re: Is Eternal Glory still worth it?

Postby theckhd » Sat May 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Treck wrote:The thing i like about it is that you get a lot less of a DPS loss by choosing to heal yourself with the talent.

Except it isn't. Having EG is a smaller DPS loss than not having EG, sure. But SotP is an even larger DPS gain as long as you were using Truth. The cumulative damage from SoT+Censure more than makes up the difference.

Remember, getting to recast SotR immediately isn't the whole story. You're pushing back HP generators and fillers to do that, which has an opportunity cost. And that opportunity cost is significant enough that even using WoG on cooldown (best-case scenario for EG), it's only half as effective as SotP.

Treck wrote:Does SotP actually increase Censure dmg? or only Seal of Truth dmg?
Censure stands for about 7-9% of your total dmg, it can reach up to 15% on heavy aoe fights, but thats about it.
Seal of Truth stands for up to 6% of your dmg, and it obviously goes down as Censure dmg goes up.
Increasing that with 12%, is a very small damage component.

Yes, SotP increases Censure damage.

While 12% of ~13-15% of your total DPS is small (about 1.5-2% or so, which is in good agreement with my sims), it's still twice as large as the DPS gain EG gives you.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 6.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Previous

Return to Basic Training & Talents