Remove Advertisements

[10] Nefarian Heroic P3 kiting..

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Nefarian Heroic P3 kiting..

Postby Raerre » Wed May 18, 2011 11:38 pm

So we just wrapped up our 2nd night of Heroic Nefarian, and we are starting to get good phase 3 pulls (assuming someone doesn't noob up the lava).

The problem we have been having is Skeleton kiting. We are using our Prot Pally to kite, and a Holy Pally (yours truly) to heal him. We both use glyphed DP to mitigate the Crackle, but the damage seems un-manageable unless he straight runs around the room.

Does anyone have any tips? I didn't see a thread for Heroic Nefarian 10 so I figured now is a good time. I would love to share our ideas for p1 and p2 if others want as well.
Raerre of Methodic - US Blackwing Lair - Holy / Protection Paladin
Raerre

Re: [10] Nefarian Heroic P3 kiting..

Postby RedAces » Thu May 19, 2011 1:19 am

hey,

Crackle: alternate glyphed DP and the mirror of broken images (start with the trinket because DP is stronger and you'll need it when the adds have high stacks), save 3 HP and give yourself a WoG after each crackle.

Everytime the adds have sufficient high stacks (at ~20 energy if you did kite them properly) you'll need a kind of CD. This comes every 50 - 60 sec so you'll need the external CD of your Healer. Halve the energy and you'll get the remaining life span of the adds, so using GAnK at 24 energy covers it whole (correct kiting assumed).

At our kill Nefarian was tanked in the middle of the room and I kited the adds on the grid. So Nef and the dps just had to turn, instead of running.
Every time the shadowblaze timer reaches 2 secs, I started to move (no backpaddeling, use strafing) and kited until I see the purple ball where the shadowblaze will land.

Make sure your healer is "ahead" of you on the kite path, e. g. if you're kiting clockwise and you're at 6, he should be at 7 - 8. If your group is using the nature resist totem, be sure that both of you are standing in range of it (talenting the range to full really helps!), otherwise your healer might be oneshotted (happened to us 2 times :x).

You'll have to do this phase 6 - 7 mins, I screwed it up yesterday at 12% (healing the adds to full) died at 7%, raid wiped at 4% -______-

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby dukka » Thu May 19, 2011 6:42 am

It's very effective to save your holy wrath for right after a crackle, that gives the healer time to get you back up.

If a bolt is incoming at the same time as a crackle, you have to make sure you don't stun the adds on a bolt, but that's very manageable.

Also be aware of wether your healer is mc'ed or not, they have a tendency to get mc right after a crackle with pumped up adds :P that's a good time to use your loh.
70 - eu shadowsong
dukka

Postby Técaro » Fri May 20, 2011 6:28 am

Hope PsiVen doesn't mind me linking his hc nef vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD1seTzoWKc
Very controlled way of doing it, the one I adopted for our kill.
I had a disc priest healing me so I'd rotate TB trinket, DP+dodge trinket for big adds and PS/Guardian/AD whenever appropriate.
Técaro

Postby Xenix » Fri May 20, 2011 8:22 am

With regards to that video, how do you manage to not reset the adds with Nef's breath in p1?

There's a few times where it looks like he should have hit them dead on and maxed out their energy again. (Thanks for the vid though - I'll be switching over from healing to tanking to do that job on Sunday since our warrior tank won't be there and that helps a lot.)
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby Raerre » Fri May 20, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks for all the tips!

Working on it again last night we tried a faster kite at first (then ran out of space). But the next attempt we got into a great groove and were having no issues rotating cooldowns and managing mana as we looped around the track. One add failed to activate with a shadowflame which made things kinda messy but we recovered and managed to hold on a bit longer.

With a bit more practice, I forsee a kill in our future!
Raerre of Methodic - US Blackwing Lair - Holy / Protection Paladin
Raerre

Postby Xenix » Fri May 20, 2011 8:53 am

Ignore my post asking how you did p1 - after looking at the video, I caught the quick 1-frame flash of you targeting the construct at the end of p1 where it had 84 energy and 26 stacks of the buff.

Based on that, it seems that the constructs just de-activate at the end of p1 automatically so you weren't making them avoid flame breath at all. Interesting way to do it.
Kimurellia - Holy/Protection Paladin - Scions of Destiny - Eredar-US
Xenix

Postby RedAces » Fri May 20, 2011 9:30 am

if Nefarian lifts up any skeleton will die instantly.
RedAces

Postby Strendarr » Tue May 24, 2011 10:41 pm

PsiVen has the most humorous music choices ever, its awesome

very creative skeleton handling idea btw. With the number of adds on 25 do you think it would work there too?
Strendarr

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)