[10] Nefarian: Suggestion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Nefarian: Suggestion

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed May 18, 2011 7:25 am

If you continue to have trouble with this method, you can have the rogue take care of the adds. My group lost our plate dps, so we tried the rogue and evasion keeps him up at the end until the adds expire, so it is doable.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Siiri » Thu May 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Nefarian went down after a some tries. Something that made the change for solid add tanking in P3 was to make sure that the adds where really stacked in P1 when they went to "sleep". So thanks for the feedback PsiVen! We also had a few nice tries on halfus hc, intense and fun fight!
Siiri

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Happy to help :) I just wish we knew how well that strategy worked when we were learning Nefarian the first time. I can't remember how many hours we spent trying to literally snare-kite the adds for the whole fight...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Dashdar » Tue May 24, 2011 10:51 am

DPS question time.

First thanks for the advice earlier. We're getting to phase 3 now and just have to work out handling the adds.

But my question is about DPS. I'm worried that it might be a little on the low side. Here's a World of Logs report for our best attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-i ... amageDone/

Two guys are under 12k. The warrior is acting as out off-off tank for the ads, so I think his numbers are because of that. But the Shadow Priest is DPSing the entire time. I'm not vary familiar with Shadow Priests, so I don't know if these are the numbers i should expect or if I need to try to coax more out of him?

I've tried looking around other sites but no real success, but if someone has a link to a good resource, that would be great too. In case someone suggests it, the reason I did not post on shadowpriest.com is because the priest is a RL friend and I know he reads that site. So I'm trying to do some research under the radar.

thanks
Dashdar

Postby domipal » Tue May 24, 2011 1:32 pm

with the ability to double dot on this fight your spriest should definitely be doing more than 12k unless he is undergeared for the encounter
domipal

Postby Dashdar » Tue May 24, 2011 9:15 pm

domipal wrote:with the ability to double dot on this fight your spriest should definitely be doing more than 12k unless he is undergeared for the encounter

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/e ... tin/simple
Dashdar

Postby Crimsonheart » Thu May 26, 2011 12:51 pm

Hes not hit capped (13.38) theres no excuse to be on Nef and not hit capped for him at all. He also still have a blue ring (no reason to not have a ZA/ZG one at minimum or the badge one). Also could farm ZG for wand (theres 2 in there). Hit trinket from Tol Barad Dailies (arguably the best in slot pre heroics for all casters). Im sure it is just a mistake since he just got the item but his new ring isnt enchanted. He also reforged AWAY from hit on his ranged slot for Crit (hes not hitcapped as previously stated) but he also reforged FOR crit when he reforged haste off another piece (SP BIS dps 2ndary). He can reforge his blue ring for spirit (hit). I think the badge gloves for SP have spirit (more hit), he can also (if he HAS to but shoudl try other avenues first) reforge his pants with haste to HIT (since it has spirit already), but as previously stated haste is the best 2ndary (over crit and mastery).
Crimsonheart

Previous

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)