Crypts?

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Crypts?

Postby twitch » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:10 pm

This seems to be the hardest instance for me to tank. The first two pulls seem to be the group breaker for me.

I mark 'em up, Skull X Square, then i throw my frisbee at them and run around the corner. The dps decides to attack the mobs before they get to me and then the adds spawn on them. The reason for me running around the corner is to LoS the casters.

So we try it again after an explanation of what i'm doing and the adds run toward the healer, i taunt them off him and everything seems fine. That situation is ideal but isn't always the outcome.

What usually happens is the rogues sap, i pull and break it, he gets mad, then he un-stealths and pulls the group right next to it.

Is this just a recurring bad group or am i doing something wrong?
twitch

Postby s4dfish » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:37 pm

It sounds like your group is doing a few things wrong. From what you describe you're on top of it.
s4dfish

Re: Crypts?

Postby Arcand » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:27 pm

twitch wrote:Is this just a recurring bad group or am i doing something wrong?

You're wrong to be in the hellhole that is Auchenai Crypts, and the gods are punishing you.

Seriously, ignore it. It only gets worse when you give it attention.
Arcand

Postby Comma » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:35 pm

What usually happens is the rogues sap, i pull and break it, he gets mad, then he un-stealths and pulls the group right next to it.
:shock:
You should cast "holy kick" to him right away.
Thats being said, he's one arrogant rogue of the 23234235254 rogues out there.
Comma

Re: Crypts?

Postby Corynthia » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:09 pm

twitch wrote:This seems to be the hardest instance for me to tank. The first two pulls seem to be the group breaker for me.

Of course other people are being dorky here. Honestly, I'd tell the rogue that their CC was useless here and not let them sap to begin with. CC is only helpful when it helps. Should be obvious, but it's not for many people.

Honestly, this place should be a breeze up until the first boss. LoS pull, shoot off an Excorcism on a ghost spawn right away, and use you AOE Excorcism (I so can't remember the name of the ability right now) before the mobs all get to you. Careful pulls are easy here, and Consecrate handles everything nicely.

The first boss takes time to learn, and will be a much, much bigger obstacle with the group you're describing. :P After the first boss, paladin tanks trivialize the rest of Auch Crypts (we kind of make the whole instance, sans the first boss, a breeze). Good luck!
Corynthia

Postby Metrodin » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:19 pm

I find that the very first pull is the main test of a competent group vs a crap one in AC.

Tricky LoS options mean you need to be careul how you position the caster mobs while making sure to not aggro the patrols in such a way as to aggro another mob group.

Bad groups tend to jump the gun before you get position. Get a Soulpriest out of position and not only do you have a caster without a Consecrate on them but their summoned adds can often make a beeline for the healer.

Once you get the knack of the initial pulls, and if your group isnt too horrible, AC is a cakewalk.
Metrodin

Postby twitch » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:26 pm

Just did a run.

Only CC was shackle and it went smoothly. The only thing that was a problem was that the rogue was #5 on DPS, under the priests SoP and Holy Fires.
twitch

Postby Zeels » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:37 am

Just did a heroic crypt

*shrug*

One wipe on first boss due to dps not moving... Well don't want to go there again
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:45 am

I actually like the crypts...My first day there

<toss shield>
<aggroes 3 casters and it's 3 MC adds, and a warrior>
"Dang"
"I hate this place, let's clear it"
<taps and hides>
<aggroes 1 caster 1 warrior and 2 mc adds>
<pewpew>
\o/

After those few pulls it gets nice, really. Nothing amused me more in regular than those skeleton pulls with 1 necromancerthingamajobo guy in the middle:

Sap both casters, aggroes all skellies, laugh.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Return to 5 Mans / Heroics