Remove Advertisements

why was bubble hearth killed?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: why was bubble hearth killed?

Postby Fridmarr » Fri May 13, 2011 7:21 am

Sabindeus wrote:I am pretty sure they just wanted to reduce the duration of Divine Shield due to PVP, and were unconcerned with the side-effect that this got rid of Bubble-Hearthing.

Absolutely. It's not like other classes didn't have decent escape mechanisms, especially in a world with (instacast) flying mounts, invisibility, stealth etc etc.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Fri May 13, 2011 11:24 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:I am pretty sure they just wanted to reduce the duration of Divine Shield due to PVP, and were unconcerned with the side-effect that this got rid of Bubble-Hearthing.

Absolutely. It's not like other classes didn't have decent escape mechanisms, especially in a world with (instacast) flying mounts, invisibility, stealth etc etc.

Bah! It's way more fun to believe in an anti-bubblehearth conspiracy :P
benebarba

Postby Sabindeus » Fri May 13, 2011 12:45 pm

fun?

FUN????

THIS

IS

MAINTANKADIN

Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Holyblaze » Fri May 13, 2011 5:51 pm

Worldie wrote:Well many warriors still haven't realized that they can dispel bubbles and iceblocks too, though.

This!
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby benebarba » Fri May 13, 2011 6:35 pm

Sabindeus wrote:fun?

FUN????

THIS

IS

MAINTANKADIN

Well played, well played.
benebarba

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon May 16, 2011 2:37 pm

Holyblaze wrote:
Worldie wrote:Well many warriors still haven't realized that they can dispel bubbles and iceblocks too, though.

This!

The only thing worse than this.. I dueled a pally and he bubbled, I broke it and finished him off.. he said "Wth, my bubble didn't work.. it went away after like.. 2 seconds"
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Vort » Mon May 16, 2011 3:40 pm

Last Relic of Argus.

You can only use it once every 12 hours but it's been a life saver dozens of times for me.

Getting swarmed? BUBBLE LAST RELIC!!!
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

Postby rodos » Mon May 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Vort wrote:Last Relic of Argus.

You can only use it once every 12 hours but it's been a life saver dozens of times for me.

Getting swarmed? BUBBLE LAST RELIC!!!

I've used it once but it was more like "I could not be bothered killing these respawns that just ganked me after finishing last TB daily. I'll relic out of here and turn them in back at camp later."

I expect this to get flagged "not in combat" at some point.

Another side note is that a lot of non-hearthstone teleports are affected by haste. Kirin Tor ring and Argent Tabard spring to mind. I always fish in the Dalaran comp using max-haste gear to cut a few ms off my port time in the event that I catch the shark (still never seen one though).
rodos

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon May 16, 2011 10:58 pm

They got rid of 'Eyes of the beast' as well.
*Sadpanda*

That had so many fun applications.
Friend of had a horde hunter on a PvP server.
Went and tamed a green teldrasill spider, then went and hid behind a tree in the Nelf start area.
Used his spider to stalk and chase unknowing noobs.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Worldie » Tue May 17, 2011 5:00 am

masterpoobaa wrote:That had so many fun applications.
Friend of had a horde hunter on a PvP server.
Went and tamed a green teldrasill spider, then went and hid behind a tree in the Nelf start area.
Used his spider to stalk and chase unknowing noobs.

You can still do that with the move command.
Sadly though, a noob may be worried by seeing a ?? level spider with 100k or so hp.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Tue May 17, 2011 3:38 pm

There were a lot of things removed in 4.0 that really make no sense to me.

I mean, what justification can you possibly give for removing Divine intervention, sense undead, and eyes of the beast?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Amirya » Tue May 17, 2011 4:18 pm

Arnock wrote:There were a lot of things removed in 4.0 that really make no sense to me.

I mean, what justification can you possibly give for removing Divine intervention, sense undead, and eyes of the beast?

Because no other classes could have them...?

(Personally, I don't get it either.)
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue May 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Arnock wrote:There were a lot of things removed in 4.0 that really make no sense to me.

What justification could you give for them being there in the first place?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue May 17, 2011 5:08 pm

Sabindeus wrote:What justification could you give for them being there in the first place?

FLAVOUR

fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Vort » Tue May 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Sabindeus wrote:What justification could you give for them being there in the first place?

How else are we supposed to pull Geddon and Shazzrah?
Ilyashattack wrote:best ret pally, best prot pally, best jewish paladin, ugliest blood elf haircut person

Gárrosh wrote:You have rung a bell which cannot be unrung. Gladiator Astral and The Scum Cleave are an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression. Can you stop an unstoppable juggernaut of oppression? No you can't it's unstoppable.
Vort

PreviousNext

Return to General