why was bubble hearth killed?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

why was bubble hearth killed?

Postby Theldurin » Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm

hello friends ive just started playing wow again after a year or so and saw that bubble hearth is gonne for ever. can anyone tell me when this happen and why? was bubble a pvp problem because how long it lasted? just wanted to know what was up, " i didnt even know this had happen untill i went on youtube and saw this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFoSjONlBrI&feature=fvsr it made me really sad lol. :cry:
Theldurin

Re: why was bubble hearth killed?

Postby benebarba » Thu May 12, 2011 1:34 pm

probably because it gave paladins a distinct advantage on PVP servers and in world-PVP situations: they could take their toys and go home whenever their hearthstone was ready.

Honestly, since it is (I believe) the only full damage immunity that doesn't also freeze your character (i.e. you can still do stuff) I'm surprised it has remained in the game at all.
benebarba

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu May 12, 2011 1:52 pm

Maybe bubble is the only full damage immunity that doesn't reduce actions, but if every character was the same then the game would be a little boring. People with other classes always complain about bubble. But really, Paladins are extremely vulnerable to cc chains with fairly limited cc of their own. My main is a holy pally for both pve/pvp and it amazes me how often other players with spamable cc complain about bubble.

It has a 5min CD and is dispellable by at least 2 classes. Yes I can use HoP against melee only damage but that drastically limits my options. And now LoH also applies Forebearance so there is no insta healthy chain available. My one and only cc, HoJ has a 1 min CD and a 6 sec effectivity. In PvP it will be trinketted out every other one, so effectively I can only cc an opponent for 6 seconds once every 2 mins or about 5% of the time.

Even with cc DR, most other spamable cc classes can cc more like 30%-65% of the time and/or have more escapes. Take fear/poly/cyclone, any of them. 8 secs first time (trinket, if bubble was used the Dr would basically be reset), 4 secs second time, 2 secs third time. Wait 10 secs or so and re-cc for 8+4+2 = 14 secs out of every 24 secs for the next 2 mins, roughly 65% cc factor. Nothing about bubble compares to that.

Even rebuke only gives me a couple small options to defend myself.

As far as bubble-hearth goes, if you pressed a pally hard enough to make him use the bubble, then he either had to hearth or you could wait him out and blast him, making him run back to rez-buble-hearth. Also, if the player had medium-high latency bubble hearth didn't work anyways. 10 sec hearth + 1.6 sec GCD = 11.6 sec vs 12 sec old bubble. Any latency beyond about 400ms would leave a player potentially vulnerable to being interupted. Latency above 350-400ms is not that uncommon.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 12, 2011 1:54 pm

benebarba wrote:probably because it gave paladins a distinct advantage on PVP servers and in world-PVP situations: they could take their toys and go home whenever their hearthstone was ready.

Honestly, since it is (I believe) the only full damage immunity that doesn't also freeze your character (i.e. you can still do stuff) I'm surprised it has remained in the game at all.

It also lost a lot of it's rarity. Whereas in Vanilla a pally might do it once an hour at most as an emergency type thing, with the new 15 min hearthstones most people have now you could do it much more often. I still don't see any real reason to remove it though, although I can't say I miss seeing a pally at 1% hp bubble and /lol while hearthing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby fafhrd » Thu May 12, 2011 1:59 pm

Also, isn't there some hearth-type effect that still has a short enough cast to be used for bubble hearthing? I remember one of our pallies saying something about some draenei thing that ports you to a semi-random place.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu May 12, 2011 2:02 pm

I can see that the 15min hearth would make it exploitable on pvp servers, but it was funny in other situations too. I have seen a rage-quit: pull boss-bubble-hearth in a raid.

Although it was frustrating in the moment, it was pretty funny afterwards.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu May 12, 2011 2:03 pm

I believe the Draenie thing is an Archeology artifact, I actually have it, but rarely use it. Its like a personal semi-random goblin teleporter. But the couple times I have used it, it did get me close.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby benebarba » Thu May 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:Maybe bubble is the only full damage immunity that doesn't reduce actions, but if every character was the same then the game would be a little boring. People with other classes always complain about bubble. But really, Paladins are extremely vulnerable to cc chains with fairly limited cc of their own. My main is a holy pally for both pve/pvp and it amazes me how often other players with spamable cc complain about bubble.

I'm right there with you - but the PVP QQ crowd seems to get pretty loud (even if their gripes make no sense in the greater scheme of things), hence why I'm somewhat surprised it wasn't removed long ago.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Thu May 12, 2011 2:10 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:I believe the Draenie thing is an Archeology artifact, I actually have it, but rarely use it. Its like a personal semi-random goblin teleporter. But the couple times I have used it, it did get me close.

some comments on wowhead say that some of the tabards may be just short enough to make it work also.
benebarba

Postby Sabindeus » Thu May 12, 2011 2:25 pm

I am pretty sure they just wanted to reduce the duration of Divine Shield due to PVP, and were unconcerned with the side-effect that this got rid of Bubble-Hearthing.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby cerwillis » Thu May 12, 2011 2:26 pm

Not for Pallies, but you can drop out of combat, (Invis,vanish,FD) and use Potion of Deepholm I would think.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Theldurin » Thu May 12, 2011 2:29 pm

Yeah I didn't even think about hearth only being 15mins very unfair. Oh the trinket
from the pre wrath event has been fixed, the pally that fights with you has been fixed and now does bubblehearth when it's done. Thought some of you
would like to know that =D
Theldurin

Postby PsiVen » Fri May 13, 2011 1:02 am

Bubble hearthing has been dead since they gave priests Mass Dispel at 70. It just took them a while to formalize it.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Passionario » Fri May 13, 2011 1:58 am

Sabindeus wrote:I am pretty sure they just wanted to reduce the duration of Divine Shield due to PVP, and were unconcerned with the side-effect that this got rid of Bubble-Hearthing.

I concur.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Worldie » Fri May 13, 2011 4:33 am

Well many warriors still haven't realized that they can dispel bubbles and iceblocks too, though.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General