Remove Advertisements

Back to KLHthreat meter

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:07 pm

jere wrote:
Emoir wrote:Note: Omen has a version check feature. Update your copy, run it in the raid and look to see who your culprits are. And for gods sake, don't run KTM and Omen together. You can use ThreatFu to check to see who's running what.

And once you are finished using ThreatFu to find the boogers, you can use Kung Fu to get them back in line.

*insert kung fu smiley*

This is not to be confused with KungFu, an actual WoW addon. This is simply a horrible... horrible joke.

BTW: Shouldn't this be in the Addons forum?
Emoir

Postby corc » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:50 pm

I'm not sure KTM has the increased range either. I know Vashj was one of the bosses that needed multiple people doing WWS so that it was accurate. The talking between multiple people probably makes Omen more correct.

Also, if you think you are #1 in threat, just pop a trinket and pull aggro and SS you being below the tank while vashj running at you... stand next to a hunter or something to fade your threat to them btw.
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Mithos » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:43 am

Omen and KTM together is bad, from experience. Keep everyone on Omen fully updated and it shouldn't screw up. The only thing it doesn't do is clear global threat between phases on RoS >_>, but maybe KTM does that too :p. Oh and also the E-TPS column has always shown incorrect data for my character (everyone elses is fine), but I don't really care about that.
Mithos

Postby Emoir » Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:47 am

corc wrote:I'm not sure KTM has the increased range either. ...

It doesn't.
Emoir

Postby guillex » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:09 am

KTM is bulky, terrible, a resource hog, clunky, looks like poop, and just doesn't work well.

I was using KTM from Nov. 2006 until about 5 months ago.

Omen works just fine. Update threat 1.0 and Omen on a daily basis, and you'll be fine.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Cakes » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:50 am

The other thing that helps is complaining about Omen on a forum that the developer will probably never see, virtually ensuring that nothing gets changed if it actually is wrong.
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:07 pm

KTM just fails in every fight where there's more than one thing being tanked.

Having people using both Omen and KTM is bad, very bad. Have all the raid with Omen and it's near to 100% accurate.

And well also NEVERTRUSTADDONSKK?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:10 pm

Emoir wrote:BTW: Shouldn't this be in the Addons forum?

Why yes... yes it should.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby lusisia » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 pm

Emoir wrote:Note: Omen has a version check feature. Update your copy, run it in the raid and look to see who your culprits are. And for gods sake, don't run KTM and Omen together. You can use ThreatFu to check to see who's running what.

And Omen will kindly let *YOU* know if someone in the raid has a higher version than you. I've seen it several times.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Emoir » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:41 pm

lusisia wrote:

And Omen will kindly let *YOU* know if someone in the raid has a higher version than you. I've seen it several times.

Correct. It will display if anyone in your raid/party or even guild has a more updated version than you on the bottom of the display.
Emoir

Postby Levantine » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:08 pm

Emoir wrote:
lusisia wrote:

Correct. It will display if anyone in your raid/party or even guild has a more updated version than you on the bottom of the display.

Funny story, I logged in after updating my mods ([heart] WAU), and I ran into a friendly Druid doing the same quest as me. So we group up and wtfpwn everything. I look at Omen, and BAM I'm using an outdated version. >.<

Moral of the story: Omen gets updated AAAAALLLLLL the time. >.< You had better all have the same, newest version for it to work properly.
Levantine

Postby jere » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:19 pm

Levantine wrote:
Funny story, I logged in after updating my mods ([heart] WAU), and I ran into a friendly Druid doing the same quest as me. So we group up and wtfpwn everything. I look at Omen, and BAM I'm using an outdated version. >.<

Moral of the story: Omen gets updated AAAAALLLLLL the time. >.< You had better all have the same, newest version for it to work properly.

Actually, you don't have to have the "most" up to date version, just be close. Omen is treated like any other off the cuff programming project. The author makes minor tweaks a lot, some things as small as changing comments, etc. If the new version is a decently high number above mine, then I update, but in general I rarely update it more than once every week or two and have never had any troubles.
jere

Postby Emoir » Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:28 am

jere wrote:Actually, you don't have to have the "most" up to date version, just be close. Omen is treated like any other off the cuff programming project. The author makes minor tweaks a lot, some things as small as changing comments, etc. If the new version is a decently high number above mine, then I update, but in general I rarely update it more than once every week or two and have never had any troubles.

Yup yup. Update it at least once a week, but at most one a day and you'll be fine.
Emoir

Postby Levantine » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 am

I dislike the trend that this conversation follows. I require my downloads for anime, and do not appreciate you people telling me that I was wasting them. <.<
Levantine

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros