Remove Advertisements

Paladin Tier 12

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Paladin Tier 12

Postby Fetzie » Sun May 08, 2011 3:21 am

Has anyone got a link to the 3d model of T12 on a female bloodelf? Google is in an unhelpful mood today...
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Loras » Sun May 08, 2011 5:06 am

Loras

Postby Fetzie » Sun May 08, 2011 5:27 am

thanks.

it looks better on an elf than on a human
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Orthien » Tue May 10, 2011 10:42 am

Having now had plenty of time to get used to the set I think the only part I don't like is the chest, its just far to cloth with only that one tiny piece of plate over it.
Hopefully they mix up the drop locations etc and the chest is a drop so I don't have to consider using it.
Orthien

Postby Shoju » Tue May 10, 2011 12:53 pm

Looking at the reputation gear I'm just wondering to myself....

Is the "fix" for how good Mastery is going to come in the forms of T12 just not being itemized with it?
Shoju

Postby lythac » Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Seeing as we can block cap in this tier, maybe it is not such a bad thing that every piece does not have mastery on it?

For those not seeing T11 Heroic, we should be able to block cap using 359+378 gear, if the new gear plugs old mastery gaps.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Teranoid » Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

So after seeing how horrid the Druid T12 looks I can rescind my idea that Pally T12 is the worst of this tier. Sweet jesus is it hideous.
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Tue May 10, 2011 4:17 pm

lythac wrote:Seeing as we can block cap in this tier, maybe it is not such a bad thing that every piece does not have mastery on it?

For those not seeing T11 Heroic, we should be able to block cap using 359+378 gear, if the new gear plugs old mastery gaps.

For non shield tanks (cough cough DK's) there is no Block Cap.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Tue May 10, 2011 5:01 pm

Shoju wrote:
lythac wrote:Seeing as we can block cap in this tier, maybe it is not such a bad thing that every piece does not have mastery on it?

For non shield tanks (cough cough DK's) there is no Block Cap.

At least avoidance doesn't work against shield tank masteries.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Wed May 11, 2011 7:11 am

Yeah.... I'm finding that to be a real bummer.

It is almost as if I would rather deck myself out in

Hit / Mastery

EXP / Mastery

gear and reforge the threat stats into avoidance stats. Then, I end up with Avoidance, Mastery, and the ability to make sure that my shields are going up. Though honestly, with 0% hit, and 14 expertise, I don't often find myself with miss / dodge / parry streaks that make me feel squishy.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Wed May 11, 2011 10:12 am

Shoju wrote: For non shield tanks (cough cough DK's) there is no Block Cap.

:evil:

wat about us bears?
HUH?

:evil: :x

(jk <3 shoju)
though it is true, avoidence only hurts DKs when it comes to mastery, since bears savage defense procs from crits, and not based off of damage taken (more damage taken = bigger deathstrike heal = bigger bloodshield / bigger crit dealt = bigger savage defender shield - upto 65% of AP)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shoju » Wed May 11, 2011 11:17 am

Part of me is really..... "meh" about the avoidance issue for DK's though. I mean, I'm in almost complete BiS Pre-raid gear and I'm only at..... 33% D/P/M. By moving into 359 BiS, I would be at: 36.11 D/P/M.

Yes, that means that I will probably be pushing 40 - 42% with inflation in T12, but even then, I'm getting hit more often than not. I don't know if 8 - 9 % more avoidance is going to ruin us the way people are predicting. I think it will have a pronounced effect, but I'm not sure it automatically makes us "back of the bus" they way some are saying.
Shoju

Postby mclem » Fri May 13, 2011 2:25 am

Very promising change to the 4pc set bonus in the latest update:

"The bonus to parry from Divine Protection now begins when Divine Protection wears off, instead of lasting while Divine Protection is active."

It no longer diminishes the default benefit of Divine Protection, and makes Divine Protection a two-stage cooldown lasting (I would assume, although numbers could well be tweaked) 20 seconds.

The other tank 4pcs have had similar adjustments.
mclem

Postby Treck » Fri May 13, 2011 3:28 am

Tbh it destroys the 4set a lot more than its doing good.
Overall it might contribute to taking less damage, but its not the dmg reduction you might want, when you need it.
Its going to be close to impossible to time it to when you need it, not to mention that 20% dmg reduction is likely to turn out more benefitial than a 12% avoidance.
Unless its very predictable meele damage from the boss that you will want to CD you can time the DP 10sec before.
But if that is the case, having both CDs at once would be a lot better in any case.

Id very much prefer them beeing at the same time rather than after eachother.

Unless the differance between 4set and offset are very small, looks like its going to be offset parts for firelands.
Treck

Postby mclem » Fri May 13, 2011 4:01 am

Treck wrote:Its going to be close to impossible to time it to when you need it, not to mention that 20% dmg reduction is likely to turn out more benefitial than a 12% avoidance.

I view that as sort-of the point: You have the *big* damage reduction when you need it, and then you gradually (in a regrettably spiky way) get weaned back to your normal damage intake via this avoidance. It's not so much that "You use the extra parry on the big damage" as it is "You use the extra parry to make life a little easier for your healers to recover after the big damage"
mclem

PreviousNext

Return to General