Threat on ZA Trash

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Threat on ZA Trash

Postby Worldie » Mon May 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Actually shamans right now get Rockbiter Weapon at level 75 so not really "low".

No idea why actually a shaman would want 30% threat increase or a taunt (unleash elements makes the Shaman taunt) right now, there's no fight that requires single target kiting and anyway tanks do it quite well right now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aerron » Mon May 09, 2011 12:35 pm

Worldie wrote:Actually shamans right now get Rockbiter Weapon at level 75 so not really "low".

No idea why actually a shaman would want 30% threat increase or a taunt (unleash elements makes the Shaman taunt) right now, there's no fight that requires single target kiting and anyway tanks do it quite well right now.

Exactly. It feels like some sort of "we made this talent tree in our garage one night. Our mom said it was cool." Why in the world is this in there?

I think of all the classes we use to kite the Nef adds. All the plate classes are viable, hunters, druids, etc. An Enh Shaman just seems so far down that list.
Aerron

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 09, 2011 12:43 pm

Because ONCE UPON A TIME Shamans thought that as the Horde Equivalent to Paladins, capable of wearing shields, they should be a tank class.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aerron » Mon May 09, 2011 12:50 pm

I buy that, from a historical perspective. But post-4.0, when so many other abberrant deviations were hunted down, cornered in blind alleys, and killed without prejudice, why have they wasted talent point slots on these things? When they could have put in other, more fun and useful, abilities?

3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop, I suppose the world may never know.
Aerron

Postby Nikachelle » Mon May 09, 2011 12:52 pm

???

I can think of loads of things that a shaman with a taunt could've done in ICC. Taunt a bloodbeast off a healer, or a tank, frost shock it, drop an earthbind totem and kite the sucker.

Or kitting the slimes on Rotface.

Range tanking the blow-uppy adds on Val (if a hunter or whatever wasn't available.)

Just because it's not useful NOW, doesn't mean it won't be in the future.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon May 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Elemental shamans can also pull some aggro, depending on what they're doing (and who is tanking).

Haven't taken her into ZA/ZG yet (need to upgrade a couple of pieces), but that should be loads of fun.

I, too, Wind Shear on cooldown sometimes, and have my earthbind totem hotkeyed, just in case.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon May 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Just because it's not useful NOW, doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

The current Rockbiter Weapon + Unleash Element Combo would have been FREAKING AWESOME on a ton of fights in WotLK overall.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Mon May 09, 2011 1:04 pm

Aerron wrote:I think of all the classes we use to kite the Nef adds. All the plate classes are viable, hunters, druids, etc. An Enh Shaman just seems so far down that list.

We actually had a elemental shaman doing it for a while.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Mon May 09, 2011 1:10 pm

Shoju wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Just because it's not useful NOW, doesn't mean it won't be in the future.

The current Rockbiter Weapon + Unleash Element Combo would have been FREAKING AWESOME on a ton of fights in WotLK overall.

Yeah, as it was, I relied on frost shock to generate aggro if it was REALLY necessary. While good, it wasn't "zomg amazing".
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 pm

Aerron wrote:I buy that, from a historical perspective. But post-4.0, when so many other abberrant deviations were hunted down, cornered in blind alleys, and killed without prejudice, why have they wasted talent point slots on these things? When they could have put in other, more fun and useful, abilities?

3 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop, I suppose the world may never know.

No talent points are used for these things. The only vaguely tank-ish talent left is the Stamina increase, and that's a PvP talent. It's just one spell: Rockbiter Weapon, and its Unleash effect.

Although Feral Spirits also have an AoE taunt, but those and Earth Elemental appear to have been hit by the same nerfbat as Army of the Dead.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Loras » Mon May 09, 2011 6:18 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
Aerron wrote:Although Feral Spirits also have an AoE taunt, but those and Earth Elemental appear to have been hit by the same nerfbat as Army of the Dead.

Uh? What nerfbat?
Loras

Postby Xequecal » Mon May 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Chasey wrote:The problem may be with that trash is the fact you are trying to do to much gathering all those adds. Mark as soon as you see them and make sure you tell the group, hit my target and give me a second. I've noticed a hightened sense of panic with those mobs running right at you.

If you're trying to get the bear you pretty much have to pull two packs at a time and AoE them down, there's no way you'll make it in 25 minutes otherwise.
Xequecal

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon May 09, 2011 11:08 pm

Loras wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:
Aerron wrote:Although Feral Spirits also have an AoE taunt, but those and Earth Elemental appear to have been hit by the same nerfbat as Army of the Dead.

Uh? What nerfbat?

On the few occasions I've tried it in Cataclysm, none of the Shaman pets have successfully taunted a boss.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:30 pm

Loras wrote:

Uh? What nerfbat?

Guardians like army of the dead / wolves / etc are no longer allowed to taunt N+3 level bosses. They CAN still taunt dungeon bosses, and they CAN taunt level 87 adds (I believe).
Kelaan

Postby Worldie » Tue May 10, 2011 1:25 pm

They definitively can taunt Nefarian hc adds, are those 87 or 88? I know Maloriak adds are 88.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General