what addon's do Ele shaman use?

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

what addon's do Ele shaman use?

Postby twinkfist » Tue May 10, 2011 8:49 am

besides my pally who is ret and prot (clcinfo there), i have my 85 shaman who only had one spec for the whole time i leveled him...enhance with shock and awe.

the other day i was farting around with a group in ZG and got the spell damage staff and figured that i would give ele a shot.

what types of addon's would be suggested? i did some dummy work with maybe 6 pieces of actual spell damage gear (along with the rest being melee) and was popping around 7500 to 9000 dps. the only problem was that watching procs and how many charges of lightning stack with just what comes on the screen was annoying to say the least.

i know of power aura's, but that thing makes my eyes hurt. any help would be appreciated.
twinkfist

Re: what addon's do Ele shaman use?

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 10, 2011 10:24 am

Dot timer to track Flame Shock uptime.
Some notification for refreshed Flame Shock cooldowns.
Counter for your lightning shield.
Shock cooldown indicator.

I use my hotbars for the cooldown indications, and watch my debuff on the target for the DoT timer.
Kelaan

Postby Amirya » Tue May 10, 2011 11:27 am

I use Elementarist - it tells you what spell you should be doing next, if you're missing a fire totem, lightning shield, and does a timer on flame shock.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Tue May 10, 2011 12:49 pm

excellent information. thanks to the both of you.

now i have to get some gear so i'm not rocking mostly melee gear.
twinkfist

Postby Kelaan » Tue May 10, 2011 2:34 pm

Normally I'd do Flame shock (maintaining this is top priority), Lava burst (and anytime it's off cooldown while you have a flame shock up), LIghtning bolt until I have 7-8 charges on Lightning Shield, dump them with Earth Shock (assuming you have enough time to maintain Flame Shock -- hence why the glyph is so nice), LB some more, and repeat.

Of course, my ele shaman is so poorly geared that I go OOM in heroics if I don't use water shield instead of lightning shield... or maybe it's that my groups were as poorly geared as I am. (Barely qualified for the ilevels.) :D

I skipped enhancement gear completely (though it appears to count for ilevel averages? lol ...), so that my healing and ele sets are equally good (read: almost purely trash).
Kelaan

Postby Amirya » Tue May 10, 2011 4:18 pm

If you have a decent sized trash pack and aren't bothering with CC, one thing you can do is Earthquake -> Chain Lightning, then start your rotation. Earthquake has a cast time, isn't channelled anymore, and lasts for a set time after cast, so you can still do other spells.

If you aren't careful, or your tank can't hold threat, you can also wind up yelling in vent, "I'm a shaman tank!"
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes