What are some good WoW Podcasts?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

What are some good WoW Podcasts?

Postby Shathus » Fri May 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Started listening to some on my ride to and from work and it has been enjoyable.

Non-wow related is fine too
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: What are some good WoW Podcasts?

Postby halabar » Fri May 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Only one is really good. The Instance. (Sadly, even it is waning a bit).

If you have a hunter, the Warcraft Hunter's Union podcast is very good.

World of Warcast has jumped the shark and missed the boat, used to be great.

There are quite a few others out there, but many are more rants and fail on facts or timely news. I think the days of WoW podcasts is fading. Used to be 6 or 7 that I listened to. Now it's only the 3 above.

There's also Call To Auction, if you are into the AH, but, they haven't put out an episode in over a month. I think they might be done as well.

I think the news feeds from Wowhead and MMO-champ have killed off the newsworthiness of many of the podcasts. That and the podcasters ran out of new things to say.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shathus » Fri May 06, 2011 1:07 pm

Yah, The Instance was one I checked out. Almost with Matticast and Rawrcast (probably my least favorite of the 3, but wasn't bad, plus it's done by people on my faction/server so I guess it's more 'relevant' to me.

I seem to enjoy the 'group' discussion more, but the actual discussion of topics. Not just news updates since, like you said, I've probably already read it on wowhead/MMO.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby sahiel » Fri May 06, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm a fan of Raid Warning (http://www.raidwarning.net/), always has me laughing at some point, as well as good chat and more importantly, beer reviews! Also, MTadin & costume winner at Blizzcon, Christina has been on it a couple of times!

The only other ones I listen to much are Yogscast (http://www.yogscast.com/) which I think is hilarious but it might be my British sense of humour, some of my American friends love them, others can't stand them, and The Cynical Brit (http://www.cynicalbrit.com/).
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby JakeDaniels » Fri May 06, 2011 2:22 pm

I listen to the instance and raid warning. I like them both. Raid warning has some weird audio problems sometimes, like one guy is way louder than the other guy but the beer reviews are cool. I am always looking for them at the Nob Hill or the Safeway now.

Something else, I iTunesed a Warcraft audiobook and have been looking for more. I think the only one you can D/l is Stormrage. It was about 20 hours long I think, so it lasted a few weeks.
JakeDaniels

Return to General