Remove Advertisements

Tanking with VuhDo

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Tanking with VuhDo

Postby Weru » Wed May 04, 2011 11:32 am

I have started using Vuhdo mainly as a raid frame, but I've found that it is pretty handy for handling taunts and Hand spells as well as putting the Avenger's Shield on for Hostile (MC) targets. Just wondering if there are other tanks using Vuhdo, and if you have any lessons learned from using it?
ImageImage
Weru

Re: Tanking with VuhDo

Postby bldavis » Wed May 04, 2011 11:35 am

i acutally use Grid for the same reasons....
i also got it for my healers cause i couldnt get vuhdo set up right and found an easier to understand video about grid...

anyway, i love using healing frames for tanking toons, cause then i know who is slacking off on stuff like turning around to avoid the nova daze and stuff like that
it also makes it easy to use abilites like RD and Intervene

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby inthedrops » Wed May 04, 2011 11:41 am

I'm a huge proponent for raid frames as a tank. I happen to use grid but only because I'm familiar. I made a blog post recently about it: http://thetankrepo.blogspot.com/2011/05/tanking-and-raid-frames.html
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu May 05, 2011 11:29 pm

I always used to use Grid, my favorite feature being the red aggro indicator. I still need to figure out how to get that working under Pitbull now that I use it for my raid frames.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby cerwillis » Fri May 06, 2011 6:59 am

Most of the features mentioned here are in the stock UI now, particularly the glowsredforthreat thing. Lately I just use clique, and it works for all of my toons with the stock frames. I have all of the hands, LoH, RD etc mapped on tha pally, and it works quite well with ToT on the rogue.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Tue May 10, 2011 6:39 am

Yeah, I used stock raid frames with class coloring for a while but they just aren't customizable enough for my tastes. When my druid hit 85 and started healing, they had to go.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Koatanga » Tue May 10, 2011 1:02 pm

VuhDo is excellent for tanking and raid frames. As a pally tank, I cleanse when possible to help out, so I have that bound, as well as having my bars show me who has something I can cleanse. I also use it for RD and HoP. Love it.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Morwo » Thu May 12, 2011 3:26 pm

I've been using Vuhdo for my tanking gameplay since a long time. In Vuhdo's most professional form to be costumized for any purpose, it offers an raidframe addon which is quite genial.

For my tanking purpose i scale vuhdo frames to a clean and small size.
Vuhdo outfit of mine

I cleaned the frames up as well, they're only showing what i need to see as a tank. IE: i got a tank cooldown cluster with ~25 dmg reducing abiltiys of every class. Furthermore i got about 15 mouseover keybings, and Vuhdo helps building up makro's for them. Diffrent specprofiles and profiles to raidgroups 5, 10, 15 aso. makes this raidframe a very handsome one.

At last but not least, Vuhdo is a highly updated Mod. The author Iza is a very nice guy. He answers questions daily on many sites like WoWinterface, Curse, Plusheal and on the battle.net forums and don't point at forum xy to request stuff behind closed walls.
dont nerf me bro
Morwo

Postby Kraxxus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm

When I am changing spec from Holy to Tank, the panels change (correctly) the appearance, buff panel updates, but the spells do not change. I can load a prot profile by hand but it feels like I am missing something here
Kraxxus

Postby Fetzie » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:56 pm

You need to set the tick for automatic profile swapping on talent spec change.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros