[10] Sinestra

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

[10] Sinestra

Postby BennyHill » Mon May 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Has anyone started to work on this? I was wondering how similar the strategy is to 25 man.
BennyHill

Re: [10] Sinestra

Postby Recid » Tue May 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Killed this last week on 10. It's pretty much the same as 25 strategy wise, just downscaled a bit. Wrack is dispelled a little differently as well. I have seen guilds 3 heal it, but we 2 healed it, as well as most other guilds.
Recid

Postby BennyHill » Tue May 03, 2011 12:53 pm

Mind elaborating how you handled wrack differently? Thanks for your help.
BennyHill

Postby inthedrops » Tue May 03, 2011 1:53 pm

I heard through the grapevine (i.e. not confirmed myself) that Wrack now times out before the next one goes out. It might not seem like a big issue but it greatly simplifies the amount of awareness and communication otherwise required by your Wrack dispellers.

I haven't seen the fight since 4.1 released, but it should be less of a pain in the butt with the other changes that went into it as well.

I wouldn't be scared of the fight like I would have before!

Note: I only killed it on 25 so my 10 info is probably pointless.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Kihra » Tue May 03, 2011 2:46 pm

inthedrops wrote:I haven't seen the fight since 4.1 released, but it should be less of a pain in the butt with the other changes that went into it as well.

One thing to be aware of is that Wrack will still target the whelp tank. On our kill this week I got Wrack twice. Although it never targeted the Sinestra tank, it did target me. The first time was before any whelps came out in P1, so maybe it just hadn't set the "You're tanking something" bit yet. The second time though was in P3 while I was actively tanking five whelps.

In both cases the Wrack was brand new, and I was the initial target. It might be that they only fixed it bouncing to tanks after a dispel and haven't fixed the case where the tank is the target of the initial Wrack.

Anyway, I figured I'd mention it in case people are going into the fight expecting tank Wracks to never happen.
Kihra

Postby Meloree » Tue May 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Kihra wrote:
inthedrops wrote:I haven't seen the fight since 4.1 released, but it should be less of a pain in the butt with the other changes that went into it as well.

One thing to be aware of is that Wrack will still target the whelp tank. On our kill this week I got Wrack twice. Although it never targeted the Sinestra tank, it did target me. The first time was before any whelps came out in P1, so maybe it just hadn't set the "You're tanking something" bit yet. The second time though was in P3 while I was actively tanking five whelps.

In both cases the Wrack was brand new, and I was the initial target. It might be that they only fixed it bouncing to tanks after a dispel and haven't fixed the case where the tank is the target of the initial Wrack.

Anyway, I figured I'd mention it in case people are going into the fight expecting tank Wracks to never happen.

On Sunday during a wipe, the healers just spam dispelled a wrack onto the whole raid, and it wouldn't spread to either tank, even when there were no other possible valid targets.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby Brutalus » Wed May 04, 2011 5:08 am

I also got one of the initial wracks deep into phase 3 the other day when I was actively tanking 5 whelps (and had been for a considerable time). I didn't get it spread to me, though.
Brutalus

Postby Kihra » Thu May 05, 2011 1:59 pm

Brutalus wrote:I also got one of the initial wracks deep into phase 3 the other day when I was actively tanking 5 whelps (and had been for a considerable time). I didn't get it spread to me, though.

Yup, killed her again this week, and the Sinestra tank never got even an initial Wrack, but once again, an initial Wrack was placed on me while tanking whelps. So it looks like the rule is that the Sinestra tank never gets Wrack at all, and the whelp tank can still get the initial Wrack but can't have it bounced to them. This sure seems like a bug, since they don't let Wrack bounce to the whelp tank. It's not too tough to deal with though.
Kihra

Postby BennyHill » Tue May 10, 2011 9:34 pm

I got Wrack tonight twice while tanking (not a spread, just the initial one at the very start of P3). A tip, popping Army of the Dead will buy you 30 seconds of dps after the buff wears out. It got us our kill tonight.
BennyHill

Postby Técaro » Fri May 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Any word on how to handle wrack on 10 then?
Técaro

Postby BennyHill » Fri May 20, 2011 7:56 pm

We pushed P1 before a second Wrack came out. Mass dispell it every few seconds when it goes on 8 people until it has 8 seconds left, then let it tick. Hold the first one as long as possible. For P3, do the same thing, just make sure you have a raid CD for the third breath. That's when Wrack is ticking on a ton of people.
BennyHill

Postby Técaro » Sat May 21, 2011 9:49 am

Do you twoheal it then as well?
Técaro

Postby BennyHill » Sat May 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Yes. Disc priest + resto shammy. For tanking during P1, the DK tank gets adds and I get Sinestra. We then swap for P3. We kill the first two packs of adds when they spawn, then I bubble my stacks and tank the last two groups of adds for the rest of the fight. I cleave only enough to hold aggro while dps'ing Sinestra.
BennyHill

Postby Técaro » Mon May 30, 2011 1:28 pm

Does that mean you kill the first two packs each as they spawn, or once you have 2 packs? I assume the latter and that's how we're doing it atleast. Lasted through phase 3 but still lost 2 people and had 13 million hp left as buff ran out. Ah well, hopefully in another night we'll have it.
Técaro

Postby BennyHill » Mon May 30, 2011 10:11 pm

We did the former and just tank the third+ groups of adds for the rest of the encounter.
BennyHill

Next

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)