Patch 4.1 Odds and Ends

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Patch 4.1 Odds and Ends

Postby Worldie » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:32 pm

djlar wrote:Anyone noticed crafted shields have a socket now? Don't know about ones dropped by bosses.. at least the healing one has..

Was in the patch notes, also crafted chests and belts also got a socket added recently.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby djlar » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:18 am

Not the agility belts, still missing out on those.. chest pieces also suck only one socket Vs. most of the rest have 2..

I guess 4.2?

(I'm almost there on VPs for T11 chest)

So another question, are the 140VPs unlimited until cap per ZA/ZG run? haven't done the 2 in one sitting, it seems every time you do a random one you'll get the 140, this could mean quicker caps, on my shaman I'm already weekly capped.. this blows..
djlar

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:29 am

djlar wrote:Not the agility belts, still missing out on those.. chest pieces also suck only one socket Vs. most of the rest have 2..

Belts were fixed in 4.1.

Crafted epics only get one socket per chest, but have higher base stat with 321 agility vs 301 agility for 2 socket ones.

So another question, are the 140VPs unlimited until cap per ZA/ZG run? haven't done the 2 in one sitting, it seems every time you do a random one you'll get the 140, this could mean quicker caps, on my shaman I'm already weekly capped.. this blows..

You can gain, at most, 980 VP from heroics a week. The first 7 heroics done a week grant VP, so if the first 7 you do are just troll ones you'll get the 980, if you mix in tier 1 heroics you'll end up with a lower total.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:45 am

That is slightly incorrect, you can for example do 7 normal heroics and 4 zandalar heroic and get 980 VP as well.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:52 am

you can get a maximum of 980 VP from any combination of random heroics per week.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Zalaria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 am

Except only your first 7 normal heroics give VP, so you can only get to 490 if you don't run any Zandalars that week.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:03 am

The goblins have built a holiday resort at the Feralas Steam Pools.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:10 am

They added a silence sound to avenger shield.

God it's terribly spammy in heroic.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:35 am

It plays for every mob hit by the silence >.>
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Chicken » Sun May 01, 2011 3:31 pm

The Stormwind/Orgrimmar and the Shattrath Children's Week quests each have a new pet available as choice at the end of them. The Stormwind/Orgrimmar one offers Scooter the Snail in addition to the old rewards, while the Shattrath one offers Legs the strider in addition to the old pets. Note that Legs doesn't count towards the Veteran Nanny achievement if you're still missing that.
Chicken

Postby Worldie » Mon May 02, 2011 12:44 am

Cool, thanks for telling. Looks like I'll do the children's week questlines again this year (I already got the other 6 pets).

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Passionario » Mon May 02, 2011 1:11 am

On a holiday-related note, when did "Long, Strange Trip" cease to award Master Flying?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Amirya » Mon May 02, 2011 1:13 am

Far as I'm aware, it hasn't.

If memory serves, you actually have to learn and mount the VPD in order to be awarded Master Flying.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon May 02, 2011 2:55 am

You need to learn the violet proto to gain the skill. You may need to relog to see the updated tooltip.

Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am

learn the mount and you have it
it just wont show up on the tooltip until you relog

for comparisn, time yourself flying across sw/ogr on your current mount, then learn the VPD, and time yourself on the same mount as before

i bet it will be faster! :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General