Remove Advertisements

MINECRAFT

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: MINECRAFT

Postby Kelaan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:23 am

Bought it last night, thought, "I'll give it a whirl". An hour later, "oh crap! Bedtime!". Awesome. Now to set up a persistent world on a server, or join yours? :)
Kelaan

Postby Guldylohx » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Laterna, I have a request. Would you be able to pack the server's world files into an archive and share it on a free site like Mediafire or 4shared?

I can't seem to connect to the server these days and I'd hate to lose all the effort I put into my space.
Guldylohx

Postby laterna » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:50 pm

Actually, I was about to do that, since I need to have 1-2 weeks of downtime due to hardware, and then I move to my country in the summer, so no hugeass pc to run the server on (or any good connection). I'll do it once I get home sometime this week
laterna

Postby Kelaan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:22 am

How much space does an active world file like yours take up?
Kelaan

Postby Guldylohx » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:29 am

I'd wager no less than 30Mb and likely no more than 100Mb for the world files. I don't know if it's needed, but when I copy world files from SSP to SMP I include the Level.dat, Level.dat_old, and the Session.lock files.
Guldylohx

Postby laterna » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:37 pm

18.6 MB total
laterna

Postby Candiru » Tue May 03, 2011 4:11 am

I've had some problems with the nether. I made one portal in the real world, went through and secured the area by building a cobblestone house around it. Then I went a large distance in the real world and made another portal. This one took me to the same portal in the nether. I then tried going the same distance in the nether (/8) form the first portal to the second, but this created a third portal (in a cave deep underground) in the real world at yet another location!

I dismantled my second portal in the real world so I at least now have a speedy travel method, its just not where I wanted to travel to!

Is there a way of getting your portals connected how you would like? I guess its because they don't appear exactly where they should do, but are separated due to lava, walls etc?
Candiru

Postby laterna » Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?79x2seiq2sbyhxq

try downloading it, its 14.8 mb's, compressed in rar
laterna

Postby Invisusira » Fri May 06, 2011 4:46 am

Portals in the nether are really random. I have a guy halfway across the real world map whose portal is connected to mine in the nether.

Most of the time, they place themselves with relative predictability. But you really can't specify exact locations. Your best bet is to just make two real world portals and then try and find them in the nether, assuming they don't link to the same portal. (The nether itself is not actually that big.)
Invisusira

Postby Candiru » Fri May 06, 2011 5:13 am

To make the nether safer (as I don't have many arrows) I've completely encased a cobblestone covered corridor linking my portals. With the technological know-how of stone, we can tame the dangerous Nether and make it a common convenience for transport!
Candiru

Postby Guldylohx » Fri May 06, 2011 9:51 am

I was quite happy to find out that a ghast's fireball isn't strong enough to break cobblestone/smoothstone. Barriers of such materials is impervious to the nether's denizens.
Guldylohx

Postby Kelaan » Fri May 06, 2011 11:11 am

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether

When re-entering the normal world, any distance covered in The Nether is multiplied by 8, effectively making The Nether a fast travel zone that allows for greater distances to be covered in a short amount of time in the normal world.

There are two ways to use portals for fast travel. The first is to create 2 separate nether portals some large distance apart. To travel quickly between their overworld locations, you enter the nether at portal A, travel a short distance in The Nether, then emerge back into the overworld at portal B. The distance traveled in the overworld will be 8x the distance traveled in The Nether. When doing this, it is best to bring a minecart, lots of rails and a lot of cobblestone (as Ghasts cannot destroy it).

Ghasts will not fire at the player without line-of-sight, and this is blocked by glass, leaves, portals, or webs making safe scenic paths through the Nether a viable possibility. When not moving, Ghasts within firing range will face the player, giving the impression that they can see through transparent materials. Ghasts can draw line-of-sight through curtains of lava, and their fireballs can pass through it meaning players near a pillar of lava can be struck without seeing the source.

That's handy. Not sure how to safely build that, of course -- but it matters little since I am a LONG LONG way from getting a portal. (I just made my first iron pick, am trying to figure out how to clear-cut the trees near me so that I can have plenty of wood for charcoal/torches.)
Kelaan

Postby bldavis » Fri May 06, 2011 12:41 pm

make an axe and go all Paul Bunyan on them

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Treck » Fri May 06, 2011 6:08 pm

What ive been up to the last two weeks.
Treck

Postby Guldylohx » Fri May 06, 2011 6:56 pm

I'm currently hosting a copy of the MTadin server on my fail computer :P

IP is 24.113.58.250

I'll be leaving it up until roughly midnight PST time. I'll turn it on tomorrow once I wake up, as well.
Guldylohx

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum