Remove Advertisements

Petrus' Cataclysm Master Gear List

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Re: Petrus' Cataclysm Master Gear List

Postby sherck » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:56 am

Petrus wrote:Am having less and less time to do this, but I'm going to try to get all the ZG/ZA stuff up on here by the weekend (hopefully by which time wowhead will have finished adding all the new items).

In advance, I will say Thank You Very Much for keeping this updated. I was trying to decide where the Zul gear should go (got the 353 Dodge/Parry gloves off the ZG cauldron boss and was trying to figure out their worth next to the 346 JP gloves). I know it comes down to a Mastery vs Avoidance discussion but was trying to figure out how much damage avoidance vs CTC those 2 items were.

Again, thanks for keeping this up.

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Treck » Sun May 08, 2011 10:32 am

Important note is that alakir now drops permafrost cloaks, just like the belt/ring, its parry/dodge or dodge/mastery or parry/mastery.
143 of both stats.

Yey for finally having a "real" tanking cloak.
Treck

Postby Petrus » Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:57 pm

Believe it or not, I haven't forgotten about this, and I am working on an update for 4.2.

I have a GF, school, and work, and I get lazy sometimes and tend not to visit maintankadin when I'm embarrassed about not having an update ready! I'm working on one now, though, so it should be ready within a few days for firelands.

Should have done it weeks ago, but life gets in the way.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Okay, I'm honestly considering retiring my list, if only because I simply don't have the time or drive to update it anymore. There are adequate lists out there, and the original purpose of the list - to help tanks see what gear is good and what's useless - is mostly covered/taken care of by other lists and a more generally knowledgeable playerbase.

If anyone REALLY prefers this list or still really wants me to update it for 4.3 (probably its final update), I can, but it will take a while because I need to include 4.2 and I'd only rather do it if people want it.

I also tend not to visit Maintankadin much because I'm almost scared of seeing my list here un-updated, and that's a bad thing because I like visiting and posting.

If no one requests an update by mid-October, I'll request an un-sticky.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:52 pm

I think, at this point, it's so woefully out of date (no 4.2 stuff) that most of us have switched over to Digren's list. So I suppose there's no sense in keeping two running, particularly if you find it a bit stressful.

Have to say though... been using your lists since I started playing this game. Thanks for all your work. :)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Yeah, the Wrath one was a great success, but having had many other commitments since Cata launch, it just got more and more taxing to keep track of all the new items. I am glad I did what I did, and am glad I can try to be a part of the community again without worrying about updating everything.

And thank you for the kind comments, Nika :D
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Protigy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:40 am

Peter,

Ever since I first started playing my Paladin (my alt at the time) while we were guildies (DD v1.0), I have been using your list. Had to migrate to Digren's as well recently and not to take anything away from all of his hard work, but I always preferred yours over anything else. Thank you so much for all the help you provided the community with this gear list!

I wouldn't worry too much about not maintaining your list as Digren is keeping up-to-date in your absence. ;)

Love always,
Vaslant
Protigy
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice