4.1 combat log breakage.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby Dianora » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:39 pm

It's breaking so many thing it's not even funny. Thus far, I've disabled Skada, DBM, and it's still lagging like hell. I might have to go commando style just to see what else is broken and enable one thing at a time.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:13 pm

Adding an argument to the beginning of the arg list is a bit of a headscratcher.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby Dianora » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:38 pm

MBST was the culprit. Unfortunately, the guy Miks have stopped playing and I have to use some directed hack to get it working.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm

Yeah, the old COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED used to return:

EventType, Timestamp, Event, sourceGUID, sourceName, ...

It now returns:

EventType, Timestamp, hideCaster, Event, sourceGUID, sourceName, ...

So things parsing the combat log event are going haywire.

I'm sure that's not the only change, but it's what broke MSBT and TJH.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby _Chloe » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 pm

It's the culprit for pretty much every lua error going so far.
User avatar
_Chloe
Moderator
 
Posts: 971
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby Dianora » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Yeah, the old COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED used to return:

EventType, Timestamp, Event, sourceGUID, sourceName, ...

It now returns:

EventType, Timestamp, hideCaster, Event, sourceGUID, sourceName, ...

So things parsing the combat log event are going haywire.

I'm sure that's not the only change, but it's what broke MSBT and TJH.


I think it's high time for me to install WinGrep and do a global search and replace on ALL LUA files for this parser.
ImageImageImage
User avatar
Dianora
 
Posts: 1831
Joined: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:57 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby RedAces » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:24 pm

Dianora wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:Yeah, the old COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED used to return:

EventType, Timestamp, Event, sourceGUID, sourceName, ...

It now returns:

EventType, Timestamp, hideCaster, Event, sourceGUID, sourceName, ...

So things parsing the combat log event are going haywire.

I'm sure that's not the only change, but it's what broke MSBT and TJH.


I think it's high time for me to install WinGrep and do a global search and replace on ALL LUA files for this parser.


And, if you want it to work after the changes to the combat log in 4.1, do this.

Edit line 344 of MSBTParser.lua to:

local function ParseLogMessage(timestamp, event, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, recipientGUID, recipientName, recipientFlags, ...)

and edit line 698 of MSBTTriggers.lua to

local function HandleCombatLogTriggers(timestamp, event, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, recipientGUID, recipientName, recipientFlags, ...)


Source: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/mik-sc ... ttle-text/

Bye, RedAces.
Image
User avatar
RedAces
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:39 am
Location: Germany

Re: 4.1 combat log breakage.

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:48 pm

Dianora wrote:I think it's high time for me to install WinGrep and do a global search and replace on ALL LUA files for this parser.


I love me some wingrep, but this actually won't fix it since addon authors tend to write their own parsers.

Like, MSBT had a function, but the original TJH author just extracted the results into the cleverly named variables "arg2", "arg4", "arg5" etc.

When I went and fixed THJ I changed the variable names to "argEvent", "argSourceGUID", "argSourceName" and so on and so forth, so it'll be a bit more maintainable in the future.
Image
User avatar
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5130
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:58 pm


Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest