Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

A Few Good Tanks

Postby Cascadian » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:06 am

Copied from the forums: credit Feanorion

Tank: You want shorter queue times?

Shaman: I think I'm entitled.

Tank: You want shorter queue times?

Shaman: I want the instant queue!

Tank: YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE INSTANT QUEUE !!!

<pause>

Tank: Son, we live in a world that has dungeons, and those dungeons have to lead by men with shields. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Mr. Enhancement Shaman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep about queue times, and you curse the tanks. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. Your queue times, while tragic, probably saves repair bills. And my theorycrafting, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves repair bills. You don't want to tank because places deep down, in places you don't talk about while waiting at LFD parties, you want me as your tank: you NEED me as your tank.

We use words like Avoidance, Mitigation, and Effective Health. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent tanking bosses. You use them as a punchline in Trade Chat. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a Shaman who dps' and loots under the blanket of the aggro management that I provide, and then questions the timeliness of the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you grab a shield and tank a boss. Either way, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN WHAT QUEUE TIME YOU THINK YOU ARE ENTITLED TO!!!

Shaman: Did you break the CC ?

Tank: I did the job I ...

Shaman: Did you break the CC ?

Tank: YOU'RE GODDAMN RIGHT I DID !!!
Cascadian

Re: A Few Good Tanks

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:08 am

Quoting Feanorian is always a good move.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: A Few Good Tanks

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:14 am

Nikachelle wrote:Quoting Feanorian is always a good move.

In case anyone missed it, Nika was being sarcastic.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Return to General