Which DPS Alt should I create...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Which "pure" DPS class alt should I create next...

DPS Warrior
12%
DPS Death Knight
7%
Mage
20%
Warlock
20%
Rogue
10%
Hunter
32%

Total votes : 41

Re: Which DPS Alt should I create...

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:43 pm

bldavis wrote:combat, if you still had your rogue, is fine running around with sprint and the worgen racial sprint
you just hit stealth, go up behind the mob ambush stabby stabby evis

sub you could run over close stealthily, shadowstep behind them ambush (yay for bonus damage from daggers) and if that doesnt finish them just evis

as far as fury warriors
idr when you get core abilities like bloodthirst, but fury is fine for leveling
you are a little squishier then arms but its not that bad, i just prefer arms :D

Rogue combat leveling is the same as playing a warrior, stealth is for those pussy other trees.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Kelaan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Warrior is Damned Fun. Not sure why. It's fun enough that I haven't (re)learned to tank on him, and feel genuinely bad when my group needs to find a tank because I can't do it. At the same time, it DOES have that risk, the siren call of "oh hell I can tank this".

No idea on Arms vs Fury. Arms' self healing seems to only be through Victory Rush? Things (Borean Tundra) die so fast that the 10% heal from VR is enough to top me off quite frequently. As Fury, I imagine that VR plus Bloodthirst plus all its incidental random self-healing procs you can spec into make you very resilient. However, mashing Overpower or Execute is so much fun that I hardly even miss Whirlwind.
Kelaan

Postby Aubade » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Kelaan wrote:Warrior is Damned Fun. Not sure why. It's fun enough that I haven't (re)learned to tank on him, and feel genuinely bad when my group needs to find a tank because I can't do it. At the same time, it DOES have that risk, the siren call of "oh hell I can tank this".

No idea on Arms vs Fury. Arms' self healing seems to only be through Victory Rush? Things (Borean Tundra) die so fast that the 10% heal from VR is enough to top me off quite frequently. As Fury, I imagine that VR plus Bloodthirst plus all its incidental random self-healing procs you can spec into make you very resilient. However, mashing Overpower or Execute is so much fun that I hardly even miss Whirlwind.

Fury doesn't use Whirlwind anymore =O
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Koatanga » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:26 pm

I made a disc priest. I have full heirloom gear (2 trinkets, weapon, chest, shoulders, helm, cloak) so I was always going to be pretty OP, but at 41 I soloed 3 groups of 4 in RFK so I could turn in quests after my first run in there.

I am absurdly OP.

Using only smite, I can do 250 DPS, which at my level is usually 1 or 2 on damage done to a boss. The cool thing is that each smite heals for more than the damge. Currently, that is far more than a boss dishes out to a regular tank.

I can quick-queue as healer and do a right proper job of it while basically just DPSing.

And with all that heirloom gear plus guild bonus, I am at +45% xp, so I level like a fiend. I mainly instance because I out-level areas too quickly.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Paxen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 am

Koatanga wrote:I am absurdly OP.

See, it's not just me! [points to Gaming Masochism]

On topic (or rather, on off-topic) combat rogues may fight like warriors, but they haven't got charge! They at least got Recuperate and Blade Flurry for "aoe"ing, but I think warriors should be superior there with cleave, whirlwind and victory rush?
Paxen

Postby Fetzie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:51 am

Rogue AoE stems from the mechanics of FoK. The damage does not stem from FoK, but rather from the deadly poison that FoK stacks on every mob it hits. Thus their AoE dps is not restricted by the AoE damage cap as about 90% of it is single target damage ticking on lots of targets simultaneously.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Paxen » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 am

Fan of Knives is sadly gained at lvl 80.
Paxen

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:36 am

Pyrea wrote:Rogue AoE stems from the mechanics of FoK. The damage does not stem from FoK, but rather from the deadly poison that FoK stacks on every mob it hits. Thus their AoE dps is not restricted by the AoE damage cap as about 90% of it is single target damage ticking on lots of targets simultaneously.

The new Blade Flurry is a toggle instead of a temporary buff that is fully active that slightly retards energy regen when fully specced combat.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Fetzie » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:28 am

Flex wrote:The new Blade Flurry is a toggle instead of a temporary buff that is fully active that slightly retards energy regen when fully specced combat.
So it is like a permanent sweeping strikes at the cost of energy regen now?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Flex » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:31 am

Pyrea wrote:
Flex wrote:The new Blade Flurry is a toggle instead of a temporary buff that is fully active that slightly retards energy regen when fully specced combat.
So it is like a permanent sweeping strikes at the cost of energy regen now?

Yea. But Combat gets talents that increases passive energy regen so the hit is less brutal.

ETA:
Speccing combat increases passive energy regen by 25%, Blade Flurry decreases energy regen by 30%.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:53 am

Glyph of Blade Flurry further reduces the attack speed penality to 15%.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Previous

Return to General