Which DPS Alt should I create...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Which "pure" DPS class alt should I create next...

DPS Warrior
12%
DPS Death Knight
7%
Mage
20%
Warlock
20%
Rogue
10%
Hunter
32%

Total votes : 41

Re: Which DPS Alt should I create...

Postby sherck » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:01 am

Is it sad that I am so out of touch with curent "culture" that I had to google Rebecca Black to even know what they heck that last five posts were about?

Cheers,
sherck

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:13 am

sherck wrote:Is it sad that I am so out of touch with curent "culture" that I had to google Rebecca Black to even know what they heck that last five posts were about?

Cheers,

yes. Be a more informed internet citizen.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:10 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
sherck wrote:Is it sad that I am so out of touch with curent "culture" that I had to google Rebecca Black to even know what they heck that last five posts were about?

Cheers,

yes. Be a more informed internet citizen.

THATS A 50 DKP MINUS!!!

WAT THE FU**!!!!!!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Devistasion » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:49 am

I have to say that I made a Goblin Warrior (Arms) and I have had more fun playing the game than I have had in a long time. He is so much fun just destroying things at every turn. The self healing is just outragous but I really want to burn through bc and wrath content FML... he just hit 60 and I am hating my life lol. If I can make it through this content I will be happy.

With all of that said, it comes down to the question... what do you want to play? I can tell you all day what I like to play but if it isn't for you than it does not matter. My goal here is to offer advise and let you make the choice that will allow you to enjoy the game. GL and HF
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:06 am

Devistasion wrote:I have to say that I made a Goblin Warrior (Arms) and I have had more fun playing the game than I have had in a long time. He is so much fun just destroying things at every turn. The self healing is just outragous but I really want to burn through bc and wrath content FML... he just hit 60 and I am hating my life lol. If I can make it through this content I will be happy.

With all of that said, it comes down to the question... what do you want to play? I can tell you all day what I like to play but if it isn't for you than it does not matter. My goal here is to offer advise and let you make the choice that will allow you to enjoy the game. GL and HF

HOW DARE YOU RE-RAIL OUR BEAUTIFUL DERAILMENT!

that said, i agree, i always level my warriors as arms
even with double heirloom 2hds fury just doesnt cut it, just go arms and nuke everything
get to thirty, DS into prot(or go prot at 10 and ds into arms) and you will be able to solo any quests that do not take you into dungeons
you may need to wait a level but you should be able to down everything

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:35 am

How is Fury for levelling? I get that it's not as good as arms, but it's not horrible I hope?

I'm nearing 60 on my first post-cata alt (a hunter) and so far it's no challenge whatsoever (I do have an heirloom bow though). I have a worgen rogue at 17, but I find that I hate crawling around in stealth (ssssoooooo....ssssllllllooooow). I'm thinking that deleting him and replacing him with a Worgen Fury Warrior might be just the thicket, I still get to be a dual-wielding werewolf, but now with Charge instead of Stealth.

Hmm, if fury sucks for levelling it might be just what I want.
Paxen

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:54 am

Paxen wrote:How is Fury for levelling? I get that it's not as good as arms, but it's not horrible I hope?

I'm nearing 60 on my first post-cata alt (a hunter) and so far it's no challenge whatsoever (I do have an heirloom bow though). I have a worgen rogue at 17, but I find that I hate crawling around in stealth (ssssoooooo....ssssllllllooooow). I'm thinking that deleting him and replacing him with a Worgen Fury Warrior might be just the thicket, I still get to be a dual-wielding werewolf, but now with Charge instead of Stealth.

Hmm, if fury sucks for levelling it might be just what I want.

you know you don't have to stealth all the time

but in 4.1 stealth will go at 100% move speed so that will be pretty awesome
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:05 am

Sabindeus wrote:you know you don't have to stealth all the time

I know, but I end up doing it for Ambush...

100% stealth...dammit, I was all set to delete and reroll. Now I have to rethink!
Paxen

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:20 am

Paxen wrote:

100% stealth...dammit, I was all set to delete and reroll. Now I have to rethink!

what spec are you?

if you have access to hierloom daggers, go sub and stabby stabby
im sub/combat, and i have 2 daggers and the thrash blade but i would suggest getting the mace
use sub for your group quests that you have to infiltrate and assininate, combat for chain pulling
using double daggers with +15 agil as sub, stealth in, shadowstep ambush evis stealth (yes about that fast)
my rogue is now 45, and still able to combo almost anything, including 46 elites

as far as fury for leveling, it will be a little behind arms simply due to when you get the major talents (TG/SMF@69 vs MS@10)
but if you have 2 heirloom 1hd weapons, go for it!

bldavis

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:00 am

bldavis wrote:
Paxen wrote:

what spec are you?

if you have access to hierloom daggers, go sub and stabby stabby
im sub/combat, and i have 2 daggers and the thrash blade but i would suggest getting the mace
use sub for your group quests that you have to infiltrate and assininate, combat for chain pulling
using double daggers with +15 agil as sub, stealth in, shadowstep ambush evis stealth (yes about that fast)
my rogue is now 45, and still able to combo almost anything, including 46 elites

If you're Sub then in 4.1 you go faster than 100% in Stealth, too.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:10 am

I'm combat atm. Could always respec. It might just be that I find it objectionable to walk everywhere, it might get a bit better once I get a mount. It just feels so much less mobile than other classes. Ranged classes of course have a lot better range, hybrids like enhancement shamans get lightning bolt and shocks and stuff to pull with, warriors charge, DKs Death Grip, paladins ride around gathering up a huge pack before starting the aoe grind. Rogues saunter over to the mob.

Plus, Fury Worgen feels so appropriate!
Paxen

Postby Dorvan » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Paxen wrote:How is Fury for levelling? I get that it's not as good as arms, but it's not horrible I hope?

I'm leveling a Worgen Fury Warrior atm (I agree, it seems thematically fitting), and I've enjoyed it so far. I can't compare to arms as I haven't tried it, but it's not noticeably slow or painful to someone who doesn't have the basis for comparison.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Lonchaney the Rogue is dead, long live Lonchaney the Warrior (currently level 7, so he's not a Fur(r)y Warrior just yet).

Charge alone makes it more fun for now.
Paxen

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 pm

combat, if you still had your rogue, is fine running around with sprint and the worgen racial sprint
you just hit stealth, go up behind the mob ambush stabby stabby evis

sub you could run over close stealthily, shadowstep behind them ambush (yay for bonus damage from daggers) and if that doesnt finish them just evis

as far as fury warriors
idr when you get core abilities like bloodthirst, but fury is fine for leveling
you are a little squishier then arms but its not that bad, i just prefer arms :D

bldavis

Postby Paxen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:31 pm

bldavis wrote:idr when you get core abilities like bloodthirst

Level 10, it's the signature ability.

However, my real core abilities, Cleave and Whirlwind, only show up at level 24 and 36 or so. At least I can do some semi-aoe grinding with 3-4 mobs for rage, TC for a bit of damage and Victory Rush for finishing them off and surviving. Blood Craze is pretty good in aoe situations too, at least it was on my prot warr.
Paxen

PreviousNext

Return to General