Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby daemonym » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:04 pm

Over the last three days I've gotten the messege when I log in that they have "detected changes in my log in patterns" or some such and have had to reset my password each time. three times in three days in a row. I don't have an authenticator so this is making me worry a lot about the security of my account. Has this happened to anybody else? I've also had to go through the reset process several times this afternoon as I kept getting an error on the battle net site when I tried.

Any ideas as to what may be the problem here?

And also, are servers back up yet? Normally I'd just wait and think it's no big deal, but it's a long time since they're usually back up and combined with the above issues leads me to worry.
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Re: log in issues, PW resets, servers down?

Postby katraya » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Servers are still down, which is a given since I left work early. Not sure what to say about the rest of your issues.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Never seen password resets even with problems with the authentication servers...

Considering your gold blog, you might have folks after your account. I'd call Blizz about it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:38 pm

I've had to change my password a couple of times after my router had been offline and my IP had changed. Doesn't happen much, though.

Servers are back up now, btw, an hour and a half late.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby daemonym » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I've had to change my password a couple of times after my router had been offline and my IP had changed. Doesn't happen much, though.

Ah that could easily be it. my IP is pretty touchy and likes to lag out completely at random so we have to reset it fairly often. that could be the issue there. I take it there's nothing i can do aside from not resetting it once every other day to prevent me having to reset my password constantly?
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby laterna » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:02 pm

I would still take extra measures to protect my account. Blizzard is not that touchy about changes in IP (This coming from a guy who games in cyprus half of the year, and the UK in the other half). I've also played while in airports, other UK cities etc, and still no issues with blizzards IP tracking algorithms. I have a feeling they're detecting something more than your router changing its IP
laterna

Postby Malthrax » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:28 am

I got the exact same message back in February - turns out they had suspended my account on suspicion of RMT because of a rapid influx of gold in my mailbox (200+k of AH sales in a single evening will do that to ya).
Malthrax

Return to General