Remove Advertisements

Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: Heroic Stonecore : Ozruk

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:17 pm

On normal I'm not certain there's any other option but to just eat it. Originally on launch night we tried to LOS it around the corner and all kinds of calisthenics, but honestly the damage output on normal is pretty minimal.

I do have runspeed on my warrior because without it everything just moves ... so ... slowly. I put the runspeed on all of my characters, having gotten used to PoJ being default ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Since 4.0.6 its at least a lot easier, and I thank the ppl for mentioning the BRD potion for my hunard alt.

When I'm on my holy pally, I noticed (after suffering numerous shatters) that judgement and other ranged abilities will put reflected dots on you of varying length, some 6 secs, some 10secs. I rarely run heroics anymore so I can't recall exactly which is which. Relying on HoF is iffy since his timer is shorter than the CD. Relying on bubbles is bad for the 1min debuff. Getting stunned is a pain from healing and being in melee is also a pain, so I've always stood with ranged.

As a tank, my strategy was/is to tank him in the corner of the hallway/room on the left (which is much more convenient that I no longer have to convince pugs to clear it for me), with the ranged/healers standing where last group on the right was. I hate tanking in the hallway as it messes with the camera. I allow the first groundslam into the room on the left while I run through him into the hallway. I hate the strafing thing because I have been tagged while being 'next' to him so I think the effect is wider than he is, rather than strictly a 'cone'. As soon as I am paralyzed I turn my camera and prepare to run down the hallway (and the 4.0.6 blue thing makes it ridiculous ez for melee now). I turn back round to him, and by the time I get there he is on ground slam again, aimed into the hallway so I run thru to the room on the left, then back to my paralyze position. This way, I am only running thru front to back so the ground slams are ALWAYS faced at right angles to the ranged position, thus keeping them safe.

I came up with this after trying to tank him in a square pattern so I wouldn't have to try to get back to him after a shatter, but it was very trying on the ranged and they got prickly for what was a guild group. The pugs I've done with tanking him on that left corner ahve been very smooth. Usually I drop an elder light there so everyone knows where the boss will be, but I am almost out of those, sigh.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:06 pm

Also, I posted this elsewhere but thought I should mention it here.

When on my BM hunter, I got frustrated by a clueless tank and brought out my tank talented Gorilla. My gorilla successfully tanked the boss until the healer let me die. I think almost any tank talented tenacity pet would work, and hopefully the BRD drink will keep me from getting stunned. Threat on the pet did not seem to be comparable to a normal tank, but with pet-MD refreshing the MD cd I could keep it up and give the pet the threat except when I was stunned.

Just an interesting option for people to explore. Tenacity pet tanks for heroics, woot! :)

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby djlar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:08 pm

This dungeon sucks as a hunter, even more with some bad pally healer, remind me again how many escapes the H Pally has for paralyze? he used none, so I spend most of the fight stunned and low HP (paralyze packs a punch).

Then I returned with my arcane mage, forgot I didn't have a dot and also spent paralyzed a lot, escaped once with iceblock but that's it, and another h pally not dispelling anybody. After that wipe I just quickly respecced fire, I even didn't have all the spells on the bar (leveled arcane all the way), just hit a dot on bulwark and kept going.
djlar

Postby Amirya » Tue May 03, 2011 11:23 am

djlar wrote:This dungeon sucks as a hunter, even more with some bad pally healer, remind me again how many escapes the H Pally has for paralyze? he used none, so I spend most of the fight stunned and low HP (paralyze packs a punch).

Then I returned with my arcane mage, forgot I didn't have a dot and also spent paralyzed a lot, escaped once with iceblock but that's it, and another h pally not dispelling anybody. After that wipe I just quickly respecced fire, I even didn't have all the spells on the bar (leveled arcane all the way), just hit a dot on bulwark and kept going.

I've done it as a hunter, if I mistimed a Sulfuron Slammer, no big deal, I wasn't close enough to die.

As for Arcane Mage...you should still be able to put a dot on with a fireball.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue May 03, 2011 11:26 am

djlar wrote:This dungeon sucks as a hunter, even more with some bad pally healer, remind me again how many escapes the H Pally has for paralyze? he used none, so I spend most of the fight stunned and low HP (paralyze packs a punch).

I saw the most beautiful hunter I have every encountered yesterday. During Ozruk he sat on the boss' ass and did whatever melee strike he needed to do in order to not get paralyzed, then popped out for the aoe damage and then back in again. Was absolutely amazing watching this guy.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Thu May 12, 2011 4:24 pm

Judgement is a meele attack, shouldnt that stack up a debuff?
As holy i always sit in meele and hit him whenever i can before the stunn, works fine.
Treck

Postby Dragondin » Tue May 17, 2011 11:33 am

Treck wrote:Judgement is a meele attack, shouldnt that stack up a debuff?

Yes, Judgement works as holy. But you have to time this, because the debuff only last 6 sec.
Dragondin

Postby Hrobertgar » Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm

Holy Shock and/or Excorcism also works for holy Pally.

I'm not certain which/either/both because I rarely run heroics on my pally these days.

Anyways, the debuff you get from the reflection varies by spell judgement/HS/Ex. I can't recall the length of the debuff from the other spell but think it is different than the 6secs for judgement. Prior to 4.0.6 it was easy to tell when to cast to time the debuff, i've only run a couple times since then and none since 4.1 went live.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Seloei » Sun May 22, 2011 4:00 am

did they change the drunk mechanics and fizzines of the screen sometime in the last few years? Before you could turn off the 'drunk' visual effect via some options, dont remember which one and you were only left with a slight swagger.

However, sounds like a fun 'challenge' if you can even call that. Miss those =[

considering maybe re-activating the acc during the summer, dunno :P
Seloei

Postby BlackNet » Sun May 29, 2011 8:41 pm

I could say loads about ozruk but nothing I can say will give a more clear picture than this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXQyXTZHP3c

I took this the other day in there.

The player that died was a hunter due to the dot mechanic fubar, it should be purged but in this video it was not.
Uncomfortable truth : We're all pugs.
BlackNet

Previous

Return to Normal and Heroic 5-Man Dungeons