Which DPS Alt should I create...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Which "pure" DPS class alt should I create next...

DPS Warrior
12%
DPS Death Knight
7%
Mage
20%
Warlock
20%
Rogue
10%
Hunter
32%

Total votes : 41

Re: Which DPS Alt should I create...

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:31 am

tbh you don't need the heirlooms, I got my hunter from 6 to 85 in under 7 days of /played time without them.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:15 am

I have aracne mage and bm huntard alts myself, and although I play the mage a little more, I would probably recommend the Huntard. 'Soloing' elites that are +5 levels higher than you can be a pleasant diversion, and seeing your pet out-dps noobs can be gratifying.

I only have 2 pets for my huntard, a dps talented kitty and a tank talented gorilla. The gorilla successfully tanked the 3rd boss in H-stonecore for quite a while after a couple of clueless tanks died, until the healer let me die. Basically I don't think the gorilla ever died before me, over numerous wipes.

The 1 thing I hate about that boss is I have not been able to figure out how to get a 'dot' credit as either of my dps alts. For my mage, I switch to fire spec for that 1 damn fight; for the huntard, serpent sting and cobra shot do nothing for me, so I just eat it. On my tank, this is the easiest fight in the world, and was already fairly easy prior to the nerf, just a tad unforgiving if you lost concentration on positioning. Even on holy pally I have figured out a dot (judgement or holy shock) that I can usually manage.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:00 am

Hrobertgar wrote:I have aracne mage and bm huntard alts myself, and although I play the mage a little more, I would probably recommend the Huntard. 'Soloing' elites that are +5 levels higher than you can be a pleasant diversion, and seeing your pet out-dps noobs can be gratifying.

I only have 2 pets for my huntard, a dps talented kitty and a tank talented gorilla. The gorilla successfully tanked the 3rd boss in H-stonecore for quite a while after a couple of clueless tanks died, until the healer let me die. Basically I don't think the gorilla ever died before me, over numerous wipes.

The 1 thing I hate about that boss is I have not been able to figure out how to get a 'dot' credit as either of my dps alts. For my mage, I switch to fire spec for that 1 damn fight; for the huntard, serpent sting and cobra shot do nothing for me, so I just eat it. On my tank, this is the easiest fight in the world, and was already fairly easy prior to the nerf, just a tad unforgiving if you lost concentration on positioning. Even on holy pally I have figured out a dot (judgement or holy shock) that I can usually manage.

a wat????

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Epimer » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:56 am

bldavis wrote:a wat????

He means how do you break the Paralyze on Orzuk so you don't take the giant burst of damage like a noob.

There's plenty of good ideas for troublesome classes and specs in the Wowhead comments for Orzuk.
Epimer

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:27 am

Epimer wrote:
bldavis wrote:a wat????

He means how do you break the Paralyze on Orzuk so you don't take the giant burst of damage like a noob.

There's plenty of good ideas for troublesome classes and specs in the Wowhead comments for Orzuk.

oh

does it show i havent done this fight on heroic cept as a tank? :?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Hrobertgar » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:44 pm

Thanks, I'll checkout wowhead to see what they can offer my dps alts.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:35 am

As far as I can tell, and having tried a lot of stuff out, there is no way to currently avoid getting stunned and needing to be dispelled as a hunter.

You have no spell dots so nothing can be reflected onto you.
master's call does not work.
deterrence does not work.
feigning death does not work
that flying jump thing doesn't work.
there are no magic dispel pet abilities.

any other ideas? :<
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Gerunna » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:41 am

Hunters have three choices on Ozruk: melee, chug a Sulfuron Slammer, or bribe a healer for a dispell.
ImageImage
Gerunna

Postby Brute » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 am

Pyrea wrote:As far as I can tell, and having tried a lot of stuff out, there is no way to currently avoid getting stunned and needing to be dispelled as a hunter.

You have no spell dots so nothing can be reflected onto you.
master's call does not work.
deterrence does not work.
feigning death does not work
that flying jump thing doesn't work.
there are no magic dispel pet abilities.

any other ideas? :<

well i only fought him once, but when i did, i was able to shoot him from outside the range of the shatter for the entire fight and didn't have to worry about it.
Brute

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:55 am

This poll desperately needs a "Friday" option. I can't help but giggle every time I see the thread title.

Kickin’ with the mage class
Tryin’ out the rogue class
Gotta make my mind up
Which class should I create?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:11 am

theckhd wrote:This poll desperately needs a "Friday" option. I can't help but giggle every time I see the thread title.

Kickin’ with the mage class
Tryin’ out the rogue class
Gotta make my mind up
Which class should I create?

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 am

Sabindeus wrote:boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't be hatin'. Rebecca Black is totally the next Justin Bieber.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:23 am

theckhd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:boooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Don't be hatin'. Rebecca Black is totally the next Justin Bieber.

The song sucks and everything, but she has handled it like a champ and gets my respect for that.

Their official "rap" remix on the other hand is the worst thing ever.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:44 am

that song was horrid
so frickin bad that it is instantly stained on your soul...

but she has handled the critism like a pro, at least from wat i have seen, and for that i appluad ms. black
maybe someone will take her serious and give her a shot with a real (or at least decent) song
and drop the stupid auto-tuner

bldavis

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 am

<deadpan>
No way. The song is incredibly deep. You're just not seeing it.
</deadpan>

The Tuesday is raid night parody is comedy gold though.

The thing that I love is that the original version is so bad that it's funny. And I have to respect her for taking it in stride; I mean lots of young girls (or boys for that matter) have dreams of being a pop star at one point in their lives. She just happened to have parents with enough money to pay to let her pretend to be one for a short time.

Still, I just find the whole thing hilarious. It's sort of like one of your friends accidentally uploading an innocent video in which they made a fool of themselves. You think it's hilarious, and they're embarrassed but see the humor in it. Even though you're having a laugh at their expense, it's got an empathetic subtext to it. Except this time it's not just you and your buddy, it's the entire internet. In a sentence, "wow that's embarrassing, but don't worry kid, we've been there too" (though not in the same magnitude, obviously).

Amusing aside: I have a guildmate who's renamed one of his pets "Takethisseat." And several of them crack jokes about it during raids (we raid on, you guessed it, Fridays).
theckhd

PreviousNext

Return to General