Which DPS Alt should I create...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Which "pure" DPS class alt should I create next...

DPS Warrior
12%
DPS Death Knight
7%
Mage
20%
Warlock
20%
Rogue
10%
Hunter
32%

Total votes : 41

Which DPS Alt should I create...

Postby sherck » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:49 am

I have always played a healer; I will always be a healer at heart. It is my "first love" of this game.

I have dabbled with tanking on my bear and Paladin and feel like I can become a "good" tank but it will never be my first love.

My Druid is the first toon that, while a healer first, I plan on working on his Boomkin kit hard enough that he is a raid viable DPS option. This will be my first max-level DPS spec but...he will be a healer first and foremost.

I am going to level a Shaman because I have the crazy concept that I want one of each of the four healing classes at max level. Don't ask me why because I am not sure I can articulate it.

However, I want to try a toon that would purely be DPS with no tanking or healing. Not to say that it cannot be a class that COULD tank (Warrior, DK), but I have no plan to ever take him tanking.

So, what class should I make as this "pure" DPS class? Which is, in your opinion, the most fun!

Cheers,
sherck

Re: Which DPS Alt should I create...

Postby Shoju » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:01 am

Troll - Frost - Dual Wield - Death Knight.

Why? Because they are the best alt to have.
Shoju

Postby halabar » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:16 am

Shoju wrote:Troll - Frost - Dual Wield - Death Knight.

Why? Because they are the best alt to have.

This, assuming you are good working in melee range.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby cerwillis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 am

I have a method that is just as effective as polling all of us:
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:29 am

Male Worgen Rogues have pretty awesome stealth animations.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:48 am

but,

1.) it is a rogue.
2.) it is alliance.
3.) it is worgen.

and therefore, it is not good. :lol:
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:11 pm

sherck wrote: I am going to level a Shaman because I have the crazy concept that I want one of each of the four healing classes at max level. Don't ask me why because I am not sure I can articulate it.

for the same reason i am getting max level toons of all 4 tanking classes...
its something you love to do, and you want to expirience it in every way possible

i love the dynamic changes that my brain goes through when switching from a tank shield to my DK or bear
its different ways of thinking, of doing pulls, of if i do this, this will happen to these mobs

i like healing and im a decent healer, but i will always love tanking

oh and on topic: i would second the male worgen rogue, i love mine, but since you are horde....
female belf warrior?
but only if you go fury..
just the thought of a scrawny chick getting pissed off enough to pick up 2hd weapons and beating the crap out of something with them is just hilarious to me

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Malthrax » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:19 pm

Rogue, Mage, Warlock, or Hunter.

That way you can rest-assured you will never, ever, be called on to tank or heal.
Malthrax

Postby Shoju » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:01 pm

Malthrax has a point. Make a pure. I promise its the only way you wont tank or heal.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:11 pm

I think you'll find the obvious answer is warrior or dk so that you can tank in order to get a goodie bag. ;)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:12 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I think you'll find the obvious answer is warrior or dk so that you can tank in order to get a goodie bag. ;)

/derail

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Passionario » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:45 am

As a Shadow Priest, I wholeheartedly support the creation of new Warlock characters.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby valura » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:15 am

Firecracker, umh, I mean Fire mage, or Beast Master.

I love my tankadin, and to a slightly lesser degree my restodrood, but when I want to have unadultered fun, I either go on my 85 Firecracker or my midlevel hunter to rip everything in my path to shreds :P
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (100) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (92) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (79) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (90) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (80) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: If the queue allows me, Draenor-EU. Otherwise, my own personnally crafted Hell.

Postby Euphoria » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 am

I made a mage alt a while back and he's a ton of fun. I leveled as Frost and as soon as I feel my crit supports it I'll swap over to a fire spec. It's fairly engaging but not as complicated as tanking or healing.
Euphoria

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:20 am

I would NOT pick warrior or DK simply because you stated you want "PURE" dps, and you can't have that with those classes usually because people will ALWAYS pester you to tank..

I love the cata changes to hunters and warlocks for leveling.. personally I like the warlock more.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Next

Return to General