Remove Advertisements

Help Frost DK

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Help Frost DK

Postby Devistasion » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 am

hey guys I have a frost dk that I have been working on for a little while and I want to know is dual wielding as frost still viable in 4.0.6? I have 2 346 one handers vs a 333 2 hander. I have respeced to to get the dual wielding talants but I would like to see if I have the optimal spec, so if you have any links pls share. Thanks in advance for the input.
Bronzebeard
82 Holy/Ret BE Paladin Devistasion
85 Gnome Destro PVE/Affliction PVP Warlock TÄinted
85 NE Resto/Balance Druid Moonshìne
82 DR BM leveling PVE/ Marksman PVP Hunter Nelix
85 DR Resto/Elemental Shaman Icys
73 Sub/Combat Worgen Rogue Lostinshadow
78 Disc/shadow DR Priest Laforge
70 Arms/Fury Goblin Warrior Nìghtbane
36 Änomoly Frost/Arcane Goblin Mage

DarkSpear
85 Frost/Blood Human DK Devistasion
19 Balance Worgen Druid Sakhamet
I know Altoholics Anonymous is for me...
Devistasion

Re: Help Frost DK

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:12 am

Devistasion wrote:hey guys I have a frost dk that I have been working on for a little while and I want to know is dual wielding as frost still viable in 4.0.6? I have 2 346 one handers vs a 333 2 hander. I have respeced to to get the dual wielding talants but I would like to see if I have the optimal spec, so if you have any links pls share. Thanks in advance for the input.

If you want to check my armory [Clopin - Winterhoof (US)] I had an optimal spec. Though some of the points are discretionary points. I can't remember exactly how I spec'd, but I think I had points in Unholy rather than blood, but you can go either way (Bladed Armor and Butchery I think for first tier blood, then I think a lot of people pick up Imp. Blood Tap, and the other points are your choice.) I haven't seen anything as far as the numbers go, but I know 2h was buffed in 4.0.6. I can't imagine that DW would have fallen too far behind (if at all.) Though with 2x 346 1h weaps, if they're 2.6 speed weapons, I'd definitely go DW over 2h (at least until you can upgrade the 2h.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:26 am

iirc, DW is slightly ahead of 2hd frost

ive read it comes down to the speed you are able to use procs, as you will get more attacks and more procs with dw vs 2hd

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby kennywu54 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:59 am

According to EJ's simcrafts, 2H Unholy is ~2% dmg ahead of DW Frost. DW Frost is slightly ahead of 2H frost. Stat priorities are totally different between DW Frost and 2H Frost. If you want to maximize your potential dmg output; for DW Frost mastery>crit>haste and for 2H Frost haste>mastery>crit. For an average raid, DW Frost is viable for a DPS slot.

That being said, I recently reads some 4.1 patch notes concerning the DK Frost spec. IIRC, Frost specs will no longer have blood runes. Instead the blood runes will always be death runes. In essence, a Frost DK will be able to cast more Obliterates instead of a BSx2 (Blood Strike is close to useless for Frost) and waiting for death runes. This buff will definitely bring Frost's spec closer to Unholy's spec in terms of dmg output.
kennywu54

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:48 am

kennywu54 wrote:According to EJ's simcrafts, 2H Unholy is ~2% dmg ahead of DW Frost. DW Frost is slightly ahead of 2H frost.

Just curious if that was updated for 4.0.6. And I can't wait to get the passive death runes. It'll make me not "need" Imp. Blood tap (unless I just want to refresh the rune for Pillars of Frost or something.) I've been debating picking up the Strangulate CD reduction, and this might be a good time to switch that up.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby kennywu54 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:06 am

The 'death rune' change is not live atm. The improved blood tap and reduced CD on strangulate are primarily PvP talents and offer no dps increase for PvE. If you want to check out my spec, Pestílence on Runetotem. (alt+1+6+1 for the í) I have a 2H PvP frost spec and a PvE DW frost spec.
kennywu54

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes