Remove Advertisements

[10] Heroic Atramedes

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, guillex

Re: [10] Heroic Atramedes

Postby Ezelyn » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:58 pm

Yep, same in my raid, we are spreading on the left side, with our melee behind Atra.
Looks like we can see on grid who is the minion's target, so it's easy to announce.

i usually use my 6sec stun on him (im healadin) so he can't do anything.
With our 4 range dps + 2 melees, our melees dps don't come to nuke imps.

lightwell is a powerfull tool if you never stack your raid on this fight :D
Ezelyn

Postby Arizair » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:40 am

did they nerf the add? it used to continue adding sound while stunned.
Arizair

Postby Ezelyn » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:42 am

Arizair wrote:did they nerf the add? it used to continue adding sound while stunned.

Nice... another fucked mechanic, thank you, i didnt thought he could still add sound even when stunned...
i will keep my gcd to heal instead of using a stun which doesnt stun next time
Ezelyn

Postby Belloc » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:33 am

I kind of figured that they were intentionally not affected by stuns. A 6 second Hammer would basically make the adds a joke (more so than they already are).
Belloc

Postby PsiVen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:48 pm

If you have a moonkin, Solar Beam will completely prevent the add from casting and has the lovely side effect of providing a huge "THIS IS WHERE THE ADD IS PLEASE DPS IT" beacon.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby domipal » Sun May 22, 2011 3:54 pm

Our raid started this fight this week, after about an hour of attempts we're getting him to about 25%. It seems like an extremely easy fight, so i'm just wondering if there is a reason a lot of guilds seem to wait to kill this boss after chimaeron or maloriak? We've had a few tries on chim and to be honest atramedes seems the easiest after halfus.
domipal

Postby PsiVen » Sun May 22, 2011 4:37 pm

4.1 nerfed Searing Flames pretty badly which was the only killer apart from air phase kiting and sound avoidance. So yeah, it's one of the easiest and is more similar to normal mode than the other early options.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Epimer » Mon May 23, 2011 1:45 am

domipal wrote:We've had a few tries on chim and to be honest atramedes seems the easiest after halfus.

It was actually the first heroic mode we killed, even in 4.06. I completely agree with you; there's basically no new mechanics to learn, it's just do what you would be doing on normal mode anyway with a lower tolerance for mistakes. And kill an add with hardly any health.
Epimer

Postby Milius » Mon May 23, 2011 6:03 am

Wouldn't say it was easier than Chimaeron in 4.0.6. We found Chimaeron heroic to be a push over, This took slightly longer irrc.

But, yeah It's quite easy now.
Milius

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:56 pm

I am happy, we got this alst night for our 3rd Heroic. It was definitely easier than Chimaeron, we probably put ~ 1hr total in pulls prior to downing it.

Healing it, I noticed that right after an air phase the tank seemed to take heavier damage, I don't think he ever died from it, but I actually had to drop a few Flash of Lights in the encounter at times, which is fairly unusual for me as I can generally cover problems with Holy Shock, WoG, or Hand of Sacrifice. I also don't recall such a situation from regular.

We had a couple close calls with sound, but it definitely helped for the warrior tank to handle the gong/fire breath during air phase.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby fafhrd » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:I am happy, we got this alst night for our 3rd Heroic. It was definitely easier than Chimaeron, we probably put ~ 1hr total in pulls prior to downing it.

Healing it, I noticed that right after an air phase the tank seemed to take heavier damage, I don't think he ever died from it, but I actually had to drop a few Flash of Lights in the encounter at times, which is fairly unusual for me as I can generally cover problems with Holy Shock, WoG, or Hand of Sacrifice. I also don't recall such a situation from regular.

We had a couple close calls with sound, but it definitely helped for the warrior tank to handle the gong/fire breath during air phase.

Perhaps things like Demo Shout and Thunderclap wore off during the airphase? And/or inspiration of the tank, although I'm not sure if that's still something that can wear off.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Chicken » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:30 pm

Tank damage might also seem a bit higher since people could still be getting back in position, assuming you've got something position assignments for the fight. What Fafhrd said is pretty likely as well.

On an unrelated note, people using the stacking tactics might want to consider a slight change to the 'standard' tactic for that. Most strategies for the fight that focus on stacking have the raid moving back and forth between two points for each round of discs, with breath kiting being based on where you're standing, but it's simpler to just go for everyone (including the tank) moving a bit to the right for each set of discs, with anyone targeted by the breath going left. It's got the same broad effect, but we found it helpful for our less bright raiders as well since they wouldn't have to think about which side we're on.
Chicken

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:37 am

Thanks,

We had a couple hickups this week, but still got him. I started pumping a few more flash of lights on the tank when atramedes lands, until the other healers get HoTs rolling on him. Also, after the kill I advised the tank to use a CD at that point if he has one available.

On the plus side, we got lucky with the air phase a couple times. Boss targetted me and I had Holy Radience up, and popped it for the speed boost to draw him to the starting area :)
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby maurok » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:41 am

My group is going to give its first tries on this boss next monday for our 4th Heroic boss (we killed halfus, chim and magmaw already).
From what I read on this topic and tankspot guide, and considering all the changes/hotfixes/nerfs on thiks encounter already, should I expect anything different than "do exact what you were doing on normal with 1 gong per phase + killing adds" ?

and about this comment
PsiVen wrote:If you have a moonkin, Solar Beam will completely prevent the add from casting and has the lovely side effect of providing a huge "THIS IS WHERE THE ADD IS PLEASE DPS IT" beacon.

we do have a moonkin, is the 1 min solar beam good for all adds? how often they spawn?

Thanks!
maurok

Postby Belloc » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:56 am

I think the adds spawn faster than once a minute, but it shouldn't be that big of an issue as long as you are quick to locate and kill them.

And as long as you are executing the fight properly (not getting hit by breaths or discs), then, yes, just keep doing what you're doing.
Belloc

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)