Remove Advertisements

The Rogue who could

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

The Rogue who could

Postby tlitp » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:11 pm

Link. Be sure to read the YT description/commentary.

After being historically inadequate for soloing purposes (e.g. the first Onyxia kill was accomplished considerably later than most other classes/specs, in May 2009), it would seem that the tides have turned. :P
tlitp

Re: The Rogue who could

Postby Leuthas » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:37 am

He says in his commentary that no Twins explanation is necessary; I find it very conspicuous that he could pull one of the twins at a time. That should not happen, and after watching the pull a few times in HD, I can't see him doing anything out of the ordinary to cause only one to aggro.

No intention to poop the party. I think what this guy does is pretty neat.
Why can't a Warrior Thunderclap while silenced?

You're actually clapping your thighs together with a force so powerful that you generate a sonic boom and the resulting electrostatic energy. Unfortunately, when you're silenced, you can't generate the audible force from your thunder thighs.

Leuthas
Maintankadonor

Postby Tev » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:50 am

Its an acomplishment for sure, but I have difficulty calling them truely 'legitimate' kills when you have to exploit factors outside the normal fight to win (stuff that if they were current progression content would likely have resulted in GM intervention). That said, Kudos for the ingenuity used in figuring out ways to accomplish these kills.
Tev

Postby Kelaan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:02 am

I suspect that the tuning of Ouro and C'thun at release would have made fighting both at the same time suicidal anyways, so I doubt there'd need to be GM intervention on that. Single-pulling emperors, though, don't know how it's possible, and I'm certain that would be fixed (or branded as an exploit).
Kelaan

Postby PsiVen » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:17 pm

I'm sure that any class could use the Ouro+C'Thun trick (which only applies to soloing anyway, so I don't think it could be called an exploit), but single pulling one of Twins? Yeah, that's not legit.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Return to General