Removing Righteous Fury troubles (in combat)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Removing Righteous Fury troubles (in combat)

Postby golfinguy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 am

I was kiting adds on Nef as Ret using Righteous Fury - once they are 'down' in phase 1 its time for me to get my facemash on, so I go to turn off Righteous Fury - can't :?

We wipe (not because of me :wink: ) so I start playing around while waiting for the pull. I can turn it on and off just fine out of combat, so we go again - boom, cannot remove it once the fight starts.

I ended up just writing a quick cancelaura macro - that works, in combat.

Re-testing on a dummy produces the same results - not an environment issue I guess.

I use Vuhdo but am not tracking buffs with it - just using the standard Blizzard buff display AFAIK.

After looking through Vuhdo and finding nothing obvious (I'm not a guru by any means though) I am at a loss for what else to check. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
golfinguy

Re: Removing Righteous Fury troubles (in combat)

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:35 pm

if you are using the standard blizz buff ui, then you should be able to right click the RF buff to remove it

i use elkano's buff bars and they work the same way

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:43 pm

Blizz made some change that protected buff frames during combat, but I think only when they're being displayed or altered by an addon. I've had some minor issues with my own at times (default, but they acted funny for a while when I installed MoveAnything), but most of the time right click works.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby golfinguy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:47 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Blizz made some change that protected buff frames during combat, but I think only when they're being displayed or altered by an addon. I've had some minor issues with my own at times (default, but they acted funny for a while when I installed MoveAnything), but most of the time right click works.

I considered MoveAnything, as I've had issues with it in the past, but cannot get around the in-out of combat behavior. MoveAnything doesn't have any combat awareness or behavior. I can try it, but something tells me it won't make a difference.... and it didn't :(

BUT - New, Strange, Info..... It works ONCE after a login or reloadui. After that once, it will no longer remove during combat, only out of.

Wickedly confused now :oops:
golfinguy

Postby Koatanga » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:39 pm

What unit frames do you use?

I had a problem with clicking off things in early Cata because I was using Xperl unit frames. They since made an adjustment so that I can remove buffs without issue, but if you are not using stock Bliz unit frames, that could be the problem.

BTW, the early workaround was to turn off display of buffs/debuffs in Xperl, which I guess gave control of it back to the stock UI.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby golfinguy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:42 pm

Koatanga wrote:What unit frames do you use?

I had a problem with clicking off things in early Cata because I was using Xperl unit frames. They since made an adjustment so that I can remove buffs without issue, but if you are not using stock Bliz unit frames, that could be the problem.

BTW, the early workaround was to turn off display of buffs/debuffs in Xperl, which I guess gave control of it back to the stock UI.

No Xperl, that was my guildies first questions. Vuhdo is the only one I could think of that would cause this, but I see no settings that affect them (buff icons).
golfinguy

Postby RedAces » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:21 am

hey,

or use this macro!
Code: Select all
#showtooltip Righteous Fury
/cancelaura [button:2][mod]Righteous Fury
/cast [button:1,nomod]Righteous Fury

Left click applies Righteous Fury, Rightclick (or Leftclick/Keybind + any modificator like alt, shift, strg) will cancel it.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Zalaria » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:38 am

golfinguy wrote:
Koatanga wrote:What unit frames do you use?

No Xperl, that was my guildies first questions. Vuhdo is the only one I could think of that would cause this, but I see no settings that affect them (buff icons).

The only way to know for sure is to test every addon you have installed and find out exactly which one is causing it. Most likely it's something tainting the buff frame. It sounds like it's pretty easy to get your issue to happen, so depending on how many addons you have you should be able to figure out which one is causing it pretty quick.

The easiest way to figure it out is to do a binary search: disable half your addons, test with the other half enabled. If the bug happens it's one of the enabled ones, and if it doesn't happen it's one of the disabled ones. Enable/disable half of the culprit side, test again. Keep doing that til you figure out exactly which one causes the issue.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:13 am

hey,
Zalaria wrote:The only way to know for sure is to test every addon you have installed and find out exactly which one is causing it. Most likely it's something tainting the buff frame. It sounds like it's pretty easy to get your issue to happen, so depending on how many addons you have you should be able to figure out which one is causing it pretty quick.

/console taintLog 1

Write that in your chat box, type enter and go into combat and try to disable a buff... you should get a chat warning "Some Addon tainted bla bla" and now you have a Log : "World of Warcraft\Logs\taint.log", read it and you'll see which addon gets the BLAME for it.
Doesn't necessarily mean that this addon is the bad guy, because e.g. Librarys (as Ace, etc..) always gets the blame for things done by the end-user-addon (like XPerl).
So if just some spooky addon taints there, you have to disable them 1 by 1 and trial it out.
Or... you get the name of the addon that taints and can report this error to the dev (or switch to another addon^^).

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Maelsstrom » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 am

I've had this problem intermittently and have tied it to Auctioneer, surprisingly.
Maelsstrom - Paladin - Lightbringer
Fluffy Bunnies of Doom
Maelsstrom

Postby Zalaria » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 am

Poking around a bit, it looks like this is related to (or possibly the same as) the issue with dropdowns. Basically, there's a bug in Blizzard's dropdown menu code where any addon that uses a dropdown causes a lot of things in the UI to get tainted. I know I've seen it break my world raid markers. Since a lot of addons use dropdowns, you end up with the bug happening pretty often.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:33 pm

Zalaria wrote:Poking around a bit, it looks like this is related to (or possibly the same as) the issue with dropdowns. Basically, there's a bug in Blizzard's dropdown menu code where any addon that uses a dropdown causes a lot of things in the UI to get tainted. I know I've seen it break my world raid markers. Since a lot of addons use dropdowns, you end up with the bug happening pretty often.

yeah ... I hope they fix this stupid bug in 4.1 :(
RedAces

Postby Fetzie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:15 pm

For the raid markers, there is a macro that will help you:)

/click CompactRaidFrameManagerDisplayFrameLeaderOptionsRaidWorldMarkerButton
/click DropDownList1Button[x]

choose a number between 1 and 5 to change the colour (6 removes all markers)

1=Blue
2=Green
3=Purple
4=Red
5=White
6=Remove all markers
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby golfinguy » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:24 pm

Maelsstrom wrote:I've had this problem intermittently and have tied it to Auctioneer, surprisingly.

DING DING DING - we have a winner! Although my problem was consistent rather than intermittent.

Strange, to say the least, but disabling add-ons one at a time points directly at Auctioneer. Turn that off and the problem goes away. Must be part of that Blizz UI bug because I cannot imagine auctioneer having any 'in-out of combat' awareness in it, or anything to do with buffs for that matter.

Thanks!

Incidentally - the "/console taintLog 1" gave me an empty log file. Whatever is happening apparently isn't recognized by that check.
golfinguy

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros