Remove Advertisements

Prot Warriors

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: Prot Warriors

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:18 am

Dane wrote:On the even plusser side, he doesn't even have that argument. *I* tank the interrupt fights...because I an get em all. I need to do my Warrior research, but he doesn't think he has enough for Arcanotron, Maloriak, Halfus (with the...storm? Drake,) and just last night, he got moved off of Feludius because of interupts.

Warrior have a 12 second interrupt all other tanking classes have 10 second ones and most abilities are on a roughly 10 second cycle.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Hokahey wrote:As a side note, I really do wonder how Warriors and Paladins fare against eachother in terms of threat. Clearly both are more than adequate, but even the problems some have expressed on this site with threat in Heroics hasn't really existed for me while I'm tanking on my Warrior. Its certainly *possible* I am simply that awesome at smashing buttons like a monkey on a drunken rampage, but I'm not inclined to believe that.

Sweet... I was wanting a new addition to my sig... thanks for providing :lol:.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby semp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:53 am

thatguy wrote:In every dungeon, the first pull is always the most difficult for me. I think it's a combination of being low on rage and dpser's trinkets going off. Once I get past the first pull, the rage that I have left over from fights makes each other pull trivial. I know my healers are wondering "What the hell is going on with this tank?" and then it all gets better.

In my stupid moment of the night, I tanked BRC last night. The last boss drops the shoulders (Raz's Pauldrons I think). It was an upgrade over what I have. I hit need as I was the only plate wearer, say my thanks to the group, and get all excited. I check my bags and the shoulders aren't there. I left before the group finished their rolls. It was a LFD dungeon so I couldn't get back in time. I feel like such a moron. I opened a ticket in hopes that a GM would pity me but I'm not holding my breath.

On at least 5 instances I have done this on my lowby warrior. Everytime with a GM ticket I have gotten the item in the mail the next day. Good luck!
semp

Postby thatguy » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:16 am

It looks like Gag Order will now effect Pummel according to the 4.1 notes. I'm very excited about this.
thatguy

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:25 am

gag order is replacing shield bash with pummel, and pummel is usable in all stances

iow, warriors now have one interupt to silence them all (sorry couldnt resist)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Brute » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:56 pm

So all this talk about mastery being awesome, here's a question: What JC'ing gems should I get? I have Fractured and Solid cuts both, and right now I'm rockin 1 fractured and 2 solids. The other slots have Puissant if blue/yellow and Defenders if red.

I've been gemming/enchanting exactly like my paladin but I haven't been sure about reforging since an EJ post led me to believe that the different tanking stats gain priority over each other depending on how much of each you have. So I've just been reforging threat into mastery and leaving avoidance as is, since I wasn't sure what to do with it.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Jagdpanther
Brute

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:29 pm

what i have been doing is gemming like i would my pally, pussiants mostly

as far as avoidence, due to the Hold the Line talent, parry does take slight precedence over dodge
iow if you have dodge/parry, but no mastery, reforge dodge to mastery

looking at your armory (need new link btw, that one is to the old armory)
i would do the following:
chest - reforge dodge to mastery
weapon + shield - switch reforging to parry
legs - reforge hit -mastery

and def get cracking on your therazane and ER reps
i think gemming looks pretty good

edit: fixt link

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Hokahey » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:17 am

bldavis wrote:gag order is replacing shield bash with pummel, and pummel is usable in all stances

iow, warriors now have one interupt to silence them all (sorry couldnt resist)

I'm happy because I changed my Warrior's race to Worgen, and the Worgen Pummel animation (kind of a backflip) will look awesome while tanking.
Hokahey

Postby mavfin » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:05 pm

bldavis wrote:what i have been doing is gemming like i would my pally, pussiants mostly

as far as avoidence, due to the Hold the Line talent, parry does take slight precedence over dodge
iow if you have dodge/parry, but no mastery, reforge dodge to mastery

looking at your armory (need new link btw, that one is to the old armory)
i would do the following:
chest - reforge dodge to mastery
weapon + shield - switch reforging to parry
legs - reforge hit -mastery

and def get cracking on your therazane and ER reps
i think gemming looks pretty good

edit: fixt link

I gem blue=stam/mastery, yellow=mastery, red=parry/mastery. My healers love me. I don't get spiked much.
--Mav
mavfin

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes