Remove Advertisements

[H] [US - Argent Dawn] Prot Pally craves endgame life.

Looking for Paladin? Looking for guild? Post here.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, honorshammer

[H] [US - Argent Dawn] Prot Pally craves endgame life.

Postby Holyssa » Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:42 am

Name: Holyssa
Class: L70 Blood Elf Paladin
Spec: Protection/Holy (13/48/0)
Realm: Argent Dawn - US

I'm seeking an endgame guild on an RP server. Tough to do, I know, but I've been playing on this server for over two years, and have assisted PuGs and guilds since L45 as a protection spec paladin, with major success.

My current guild is working on Vashj/Kael. However, another endgame guild recently stopped/disbanded supposeably, and its veterans have come knocking on my own guild's door. Several people, including myself, are now on almost constant standby every day, watching as gear we need ends up selfishly DE'd or vendored with little concern.

I'm currently looking for a new endgame guild that still works on TK/SSC, as well as Hyjal or BT (I'd love more than anything to experience the last two places when the attunement is off my back..heh), that would be willing to take an endgame-hungry protection paladin in.

Experience:
AQ40, BWL, Gruul, Kara, have main tanked all Heroics, SSC, TK (Al'ar & VR).
I have experience as a main healer with my above spec, having healed all of the above as both a main & off-healer, with roughly +1540 healing (mostly Kara/SSC items) to my alternate set.

Gear:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &n=Holyssa
My guild doesn't do Kara, Gruul, or Magtheridon anymore, which explains the lack of better gear in some spots (chest, neck, shield, belt). I'm trying to find a workaround to this...

Availability:
Mon-Fri: 7:00PM to 11:30PM EST (US)
Sat: 5:00PM to 12:00AM EST
Sun: 4:00PM to 11:30PM EST

Thank you for your time!

EDIT: grammar >.<
Holyssa

Postby Holyssa » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:05 pm

Bumping. Still need a new home :(

Progression changes:

Have cleared all of SSC and gotten my Vial of Eternity from Vashj.

TK clear except Kael, but my current guild has become very selective of who they want to get keyed should they down him.

Re-spec'd to 0/46/15 just before 2.3 hit, but will use the 0/49/12 build soon.

Gear has received significant upgrades in various places. See Armory above.
Holyssa

Postby Mortehl » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:16 pm

Holyssa, that sucks. Those boneheads will pay when they spend hours dealing with Mount Hyjal trash you could turn into ez mode.

Shame you're a dirty blood elf :D
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Holyssa » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:10 am

Bumping. Progress update:

Finally keyed for Hyjal and BT, but am being forced to possibly spec healbot for someone else. Grr. Argh.
Holyssa

Postby guillex » Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:29 am

Holyssa wrote:Bumping. Progress update:

Finally keyed for Hyjal and BT, but am being forced to possibly spec healbot for someone else. Grr. Argh.

Don't do it.

Don't change how you play for someone. There are tons of guilds out there. You'll find one that'll take you for you. :D

Kinda sounds like the age old "there are plenty of fish in the sea; one woman out there will love you for you."
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Holyssa » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:29 pm

Guillex wrote:Don't do it.

Don't change how you play for someone. There are tons of guilds out there. You'll find one that'll take you for you. :D

Kinda sounds like the age old "there are plenty of fish in the sea; one woman out there will love you for you."

I wish that were true :\

http://wowjutsu.com/us/argentdawn/

Kinda sad how one of the oldest servers on the list only has a handful of top Horde-side guilds, all of which already have decently geared tankadins.

Don't let the RP server tag fool you either. These days it's more of a glorified PvE server X)
Holyssa

Postby Leona » Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:26 pm

I wasn't going to comment on this, but since my armory's been dragged into it, I'd like to make a statement to the paladin who started this thread.

When you join a guild that already contains four prot tanks with extremely high attendance, you can't exactly complain when they don't necessarily need you to tank. Understanding that, most people who are dedicated to tanking would choose to leave and locate a raiding group that did need a tank. You chose to stay, equip and key yourself, and then take your exit.

All things considered, you gained a lot and lost very little. I hope your next raid group is one that pleases you better.
Leona

Postby Holyssa » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:04 am

Leona wrote:I wasn't going to comment on this, but since my armory's been dragged into it, I'd like to make a statement to the paladin who started this thread.

When you join a guild that already contains four prot tanks with extremely high attendance, you can't exactly complain when they don't necessarily need you to tank. Understanding that, most people who are dedicated to tanking would choose to leave and locate a raiding group that did need a tank. You chose to stay, equip and key yourself, and then take your exit.

All things considered, you gained a lot and lost very little. I hope your next raid group is one that pleases you better.

If they didn't need me to tank, why didn't they just say so from the very beginning? I didn't mind being sat out all those months, but it was a little hard to contribute and learn from one of the guild's better geared people (ie - you) when the officers wouldn't even TRY to give me a chance, let alone give me an honest opinion long before the Vashj attempts.

In fact, now that I think of it: didn't they botch up a lot of Vashj nights until they finally let you handle the adds? Somehow I feel I'm not the only one who's not been getting cut a lot of slack for the spec we choose to play with. If I'm wrong, then do enlighten me.

Yea, maybe taking my leave was the wrong thing to do. But if it means having to get a set of healbot gear at other peoples' expense, I just don't feel right. I'd rather see people progress than drag down the entire roster due to a few gear holes for a spec I only help a handful of people with.
Holyssa

Postby Leona » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:34 pm

If they didn't need me to tank, why didn't they just say so from the very beginning? I didn't mind being sat out all those months, but it was a little hard to contribute and learn from one of the guild's better geared people (ie - you) when the officers wouldn't even TRY to give me a chance, let alone give me an honest opinion long before the Vashj attempts.

In fact, now that I think of it: didn't they botch up a lot of Vashj nights until they finally let you handle the adds? Somehow I feel I'm not the only one who's not been getting cut a lot of slack for the spec we choose to play with. If I'm wrong, then do enlighten me.

Yea, maybe taking my leave was the wrong thing to do. But if it means having to get a set of healbot gear at other peoples' expense, I just don't feel right. I'd rather see people progress than drag down the entire roster due to a few gear holes for a spec I only help a handful of people with.

I'm afraid I can't tell you why it was handled this way, as I am no officer and I don't have any say in who is on standby or why. But on the other hand, it's entirely possible that if we had a prot tank quit during your time here that you would have seen more time in. Difficult to say. I'm not sure why you continued under these circumstances if they were unacceptable to you, though.

What I can answer is that I was fairly sure that I'd made it clear at the beginning to you that, like many guilds, this one was highly resistant to the concept of paladin tanking from the start. It took a lot of effort on my part to become accepted as being a useful contribution, and yes, your statements about Vashj are true. While it'd be nice if every guild would appreciate pally tanks with no prodding, the reality is that many are like this. I don't expect them to cut me any slack, but I also don't resent it.

In the name of keeping unnecessary drama out of a recruitment thread, I'll let this be. If you want to discuss this any further, Holyssa, please PM me. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.
Leona

Return to Recruitment