Remove Advertisements

I love my Netflix!

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

I love my Netflix!

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:49 am

So this last month I decided to spend a few bucks to get Netflix and I threw it on my Xbox...

It's freakin awesome! I've watched a season of Dexter and Heroes.

Anyone else use netflix? If so any recommendations ? GF wants to watch Lie To Me.. looks interesting.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Re: I love my Netflix!

Postby Vanifae » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:02 am

I watch some of the best terrible horror movies on Netflix and tons of TV series.

It is well worth the money.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Melathys » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:03 pm

yea, it is good for watching movies you'd never pay money to see, like human centipede.
Melathys

Postby Hayz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:23 pm

I use it quite a bit for movies and tv series, and more recently a lot of anime. It's well worth the money for unlimited streaming to my laptop imho.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Hokahey » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:47 pm

Shyrtandros wrote: GF wants to watch Lie To Me.. looks interesting.

I hate that show, personally, but I'm hardly a barometer for what is/isn't good TV. I just despise shows that prop up the protagonist as some sort of superman who's smarter, cooler, and tougher than anyone in a bazillion mile radius, and even their flaws don't make them genuinely vulnerable or weak in any relatable way. For reference, I despise House for exactly these reasons, so if you like that show, then you'll *probably* like Lie to Me.
Hokahey

Postby Aubade » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:14 am

I absolutely loved netflix when I had it. My 1 and only gripe with it is the amount of bandwidth it uses up. (I could spend 1 day watching a tv show and use up about 160Gb of my 250Gb Monthly cap.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Aubade wrote:I absolutely loved netflix when I had it. My 1 and only gripe with it is the amount of bandwidth it uses up. (I could spend 1 day watching a tv show and use up about 160Gb of my 250Gb Monthly cap.

Your what? Aren't you using the Click Network?
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Pala » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:55 pm

Some good shows I've enjoyed recently are Parks and Recreation and The League. Parks and Rec took a few episodes to get rolling but there are some good characters. The League is about fantasy football but not really. Lots of funny jokes in that one. Andre: "You guys always make fun of my sensitive teeth." The rest of that bit is in episode four.
[Palatinus] & [Kury] - Earthen Ring US
Pala
Maintankadonor

Postby Aubade » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Aubade wrote:I absolutely loved netflix when I had it. My 1 and only gripe with it is the amount of bandwidth it uses up. (I could spend 1 day watching a tv show and use up about 160Gb of my 250Gb Monthly cap.

Comcast, 250Gb Bandwidth cap per month.

Although I recently switched to Comcast Buisness class, no cap and i get about 60 MbPS down and 10 MbPS up. only cost me 5 dollars more a month.... O.o.
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Postby laterna » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 pm

You guys across the pond still have caps on your downloads?

(I must admit, over a certain period of time last year, I downloaded about 1 terra's worth of movies off the uk's university networks :p )

I'm kinda hoping one day we'll all follow sweden's steps... wtb 10MBps uploads speeds....
laterna

Postby Dorvan » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:59 pm

Yeah...we're looking into going to a small-business class connetion as my house as well. With three adults living (and watching TV) independently in the same house we've been treading very close to that 250 GB cap.

I wonder what the next few years will look like...my house may be among the top 1% of households for now for usage, but I bet that kind of bandwidth use will become extremely common over the next 5-10 years as streaming entertainment continues to skyrocket (which seems a certainty).

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Gladia » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:20 am

Aubade wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

Comcast, 250Gb Bandwidth cap per month.

Although I recently switched to Comcast Buisness class, no cap and i get about 60 MbPS down and 10 MbPS up. only cost me 5 dollars more a month.... O.o.

You'd think with the higher speeds there would be a higher cap, since you could burn through 250gbs at that speed in a few hours. I'm glad that i have another option besides comcast, cause they just suck for service and price. My qwest line is 40mb/20mb and i pay 49.99 for it, a comparable comcast plan is around 100.

I watch Spartacus, both gods of the arena and blood and sand, lots of movies, and the best is they have most of the MST3K episodes on there. Plus movies that you wouldnt go pay to see in the theater.
“If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves.”
“If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.”
-Stalin

Gladia - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Paladin
Aelthena - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Paladin
Veylina - <Flasks for Trash> 85 Druid
Gladia

Postby kennywu » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:47 am

Streaming Netflix is win. I watch movies/shows on one monitor while farming in WoW. Watch Master's of Horror: Imprint.
kennywu

Postby d503 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:12 am

Archer Season 1 is back on Netflix. Better get to watching!
d503

Postby Aergis » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 pm

I have comcast... There's a cap?!
Aergis
Site Admin

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum