Remove Advertisements

Rift

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Rift!

Postby Punkss2 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:11 am

Who found me on Keenblade the otherday? I tried to add your character to my friends list and it kept rejecting it! Could you type your toons name out so I can try and make sure I got it right.

Also, PVP for Keenblade - you want to be Guardian. The Deepstrike shard is always running premades that SMASH everyone at lvl 50 right now. It's pretty hard to come by prestige and points that way. On that note, anyone have any good rogue PVP builds? My bard build works well, but I get focused hard.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:37 am

Anyone other than me still playing?

I am on Deepstrike now, Guardian, LVL 46 Warrior, Warpunk

The guild i was on in Keenblade died out so I decided to reroll.

Mage's got buffed all to hell. The 2 fun specs for rogues got nerfed (Sabo and Bard).
I'm in a decent PVP guild, Warriorpoets. Come check me out!
Punkss2

Postby Elfadin » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:20 pm

Still playing and having a great time. My main is a 43 defiant mage on Shadowfallen. I still think Sabo is one of the most fun pvp class/builds in the game. Black Garden + aoe bombs and charges is awesome.
Elfadin

Postby Loras » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:31 am

How about endgame? Game's been released months ago, people reached 50 on the first week. Someone surely has something to say about how endgame is (and what actually matters in terms of wow-rift competition) :)
Loras

Postby amh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:58 am

Punkss2 wrote:Anyone other than me still playing?

Still playing, though not as much as I'd like. Level 50 warrior on Blightweald EU. I was hoping Rift would replace WoW for me, and it will at some point, but my computer can't actually handle the game properly. 5-mans go all right, not too laggy, but anything 10+ drops me down to 5-10 fps.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:16 am

I have yet to participate in any endgame content up to the point. That's mainly due to the fact that I levled another toon on a different server due to server I was on before. The guild I'm in now has a more PVP type focus, but still run the T1/T2 Heroic (5 man) dungeons. These are the typical instanced dungeons. For the most part theyre farming prestige and looking to rank their pvp level up (rank 6 is max).

The world event that just happend this past weekend to introduce their newest raid content, River of Souls, was really bad. The latency and instability and altogether lack of direction in what to do for the events was horrible. Put it this way, they have a blue post that basically states they took on more than they could handle, even after delaying the event. They are also awarding EVERYONE (aka anyone with an account) with this list of loot: 1) 250 otherworldy stones (you can buy stuff with these during the limited time) 2) a satchel with one of four rewards ( 20 slot bag, out of combat polymorph, 90% mount, 110% mount) 3) the item to start a shade touched weapon 4) and finally the achievements that were denied us during the invasion. I really hope they learned from this and wont repeat the retardedness that was this world event. It was cool banding together with my guildies, but with the retarded amount of lag (I have a more than adequate machine to run this game at the best settings) it was bad.

I should hopefully hit 50 this weekend and be able to start running some dungeons to get a better feel for the "endgame" but I doubt I will ever get a chance to hit the indoor raids. I would like to see if I can convince them to do the outdoor raid rifts, which would provide a challenge as we are on a PVP server, but it should be fun. I guess more to come!
Punkss2

Postby Angelarc6570 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:01 am

Turns out Rift is a lot of fun :D Playing a Warrior-Reaver on a shard that I cant spell!
"Half my friendslist is made up of people I need to remember to hate"

Tier List! Supports!!

http://www.omgyumyum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=686

SC2/LoL
Angelarc6570

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:18 am

Punk, It may have been me.

I have a few characters on keenblade (But unfortunately real life has prevented me from playing much... damn car BLEW UP)

I have Warloga and Asclepius
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Punkss2 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:47 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Punk, It may have been me.

I have a few characters on keenblade (But unfortunately real life has prevented me from playing much... damn car BLEW UP)

I have Warloga and Asclepius

LOL! yeah, it was...i recognize Asclepius. I am playing on Deepstrike as Guardian now. I'm hoping for shard transfers/faction changes soon. I wouldnt mind playing my rogue again :P
Punkss2

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:43 am

/cast [target=thread] Resurrection

Ok... so any else tried out the new 1-2 man "raids"? I personally think they're awesome, as I'm usually only playing with one of my friends, and we enjoy 2 manning everything that we can.

As an update to my character... I've got a lvl 50 rogue (RS/BD tank, Bard/NB supt, MM/NB rdps, Sab/NB mdps.) I haven't tried tanking any of the expert dungeons, but they recently did a pretty massive overhaul on Riftstalkers (mostly to AoE tanking) and Marksmen (making them more mobile, like they were originally intended to be) which has made the game even MORE fun for me (though the lack of active friends/guildmates means I still play WoW more frequently...)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Rift

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 am

Anyone still playing Rift? They just had a fairly large patch (1.7) which put in some interesting things.

Disclaimer: These aren't copy/pasta'd patch notes, they're what I remember off the top of my head.

- "Suggested" builds: You have an option, before you start spending soul points, to see some of the more common builds. I believe currently each class (rogue, mage, cleric, warrior) has 4 suggestions. You can have it auto-assign the points according to the build, or you can have it highlight the suggested points, then choose to follow it/not follow it as you spend.

- In-game weddings: Apparently they're trying to get into the Guinness Book of World Records for the most e-weddings in a day (Valentine's) and they're having people submit stories to get their own specialized wedding (top 5 winners.)

- Lots of PvP changes, to include the removal of PvP souls (though there is still PvP advancement through the Planar Attunement feature.)

- To reduce the BG wait times to near zero, they made it so you may become a "mercenary" and fight with the opposing faction against your faction. I suppose there could be a lot of backlash for that, but that depends on how much faction pride people have (like the Ally/Horde hate from Classic, or the everyone focuses on the "big bad" like later expansions.)

Lots more, but that's some of the big stuff.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Re: Rift

Postby Aubade » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:41 pm

I merged the 2 topics we had floating around with the same name =P Enjoy!
- Awbade Level 85 Human Paladin - <Tsunami> Frostmourne - Retired.
Deliriously wrote:I prefer the, "Lonely Hand Approach" (trademark pending)
Aubade

Previous

Return to Other Games