Why we play this game, and what keeps us going

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Why we play this game, and what keeps us going

Postby Levantine » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 am

Absolutely not! Seriously though, my point was saying I'm just a Holy Priest is silly. I'm good at the Priest class, not Holy specifically. Although that reminds me, I need more hands on experience with Disc, especially a GH spec instead of Atonement.
Levantine

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:59 am

Levantine wrote:Absolutely not! Seriously though, my point was saying I'm just a Holy Priest is silly. I'm good at the Priest class, not Holy specifically. Although that reminds me, I need more hands on experience with Disc, especially a GH spec instead of Atonement.

I tried that smite spec thing out. My brain rejected it heavily. And I truly wanted to like it... just because the wings are so pretty!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:09 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Levantine wrote:Absolutely not! Seriously though, my point was saying I'm just a Holy Priest is silly. I'm good at the Priest class, not Holy specifically. Although that reminds me, I need more hands on experience with Disc, especially a GH spec instead of Atonement.

I tried that smite spec thing out. My brain rejected it heavily. And I truly wanted to like it... just because the wings are so pretty!

That's why I have a shadow spec for the dark wings. :D Haven't tried disc at all since pre-80. I want Blizzard to give me tri-spec. Not holding my breath though!
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:14 am

katraya wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

That's why I have a shadow spec for the dark wings. :D Haven't tried disc at all since pre-80. I want Blizzard to give me tri-spec. Not holding my breath though!

I had problems with disc originally when I hit heroics, but it turns out I was a tard when I specced, so it's way easier now. And it's surprising how much a little gear made a huge difference on my priest. I don't remember feeling the same when I was healing with my shaman either. And yeah, I'll probably be returning to a shadow offspec. (I had two disc specs just to test out smiting.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 am

I wasn't implying that you only use Holy, just that was the last spec you mentioned that you preferred for healing, so I assumed you'd continue to use it once we start raiding (unless the situation calls for you to switch, obviously :D.) And glad that things are working out for you Nika, even if Smite spec isn't quite your cup of tea. Personally I enjoy it, but not every spec fits every players playstyles :mrgreen:.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:49 am

I started leveling my priest lately and noticed something interesting -- she hit 60 in March of 2005, 70 in March 2007, and 80 in March 2009. Apparently there is something about March that makes me play my priest. She's always been holy, and running normal dungeons at 80/81 was painfully boring. I'd forgotten how much I used to jump around in circles during dungeons because there just wasn't anything for me to do most of the time. I did really start to like the chakra mechanic, but at this level (pre-heroic/raid) it didn't make huge amounts of difference.

So I went disc/atonement. I feel dirty, but it's keeping me engaged and interested. I'm sure healing will get very, very different once heroics start hitting, but I'm finding it a blast. Smite basically becomes something I fill empty GCDs with (of which there are many at this content level). Out DPSing horrible pugs on runs is also amusing and sad.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Brekkie » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:03 am

Lev....cocky.... NO!
=P
Theckhd wrote:big numbers are the in-game way of expressing that Brekkie's penis is huge.
Brekkie

Postby Amirya » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:37 am

Levantine wrote:(Or I would if Ami would give me half a second)

Hey, I *did* give you a half second. Then I had to blow all my cooldowns, and heard...Halabar?..."I didn't even know you moved on!" :D

Also, healers I'm looking at are you two, and Aqin.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:04 pm

Let's just say that as a hunter, with Ami tanking, I'm glad I don't need to drink to regen focus... :D
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:09 pm

Amirya wrote:

Hey, I *did* give you a half second. Then I had to blow all my cooldowns, and heard...Halabar?..."I didn't even know you moved on!" :D

Please don't bring up my utter failness on my DK.. /converts DK to permanent herber/alchy

And regarding the point of this thread...

I think it's having fun with the alts and the guild that keeps me going. When PK is ready to raid, I'll raid, but I really have no desire to go beyond that anymore. I have enough stress at work, I don't want to stress in the game anymore.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Shathus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:21 pm

I think the mods need to create a Paragon Knights sub-forum. It's like a guild conversations in every thread!
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:49 pm

Shathus wrote:I think the mods need to create a Paragon Knights sub-forum. It's like a guild conversations in every thread!

or they could go get their own damn forum.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby cerwillis » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Shathus wrote:I think the mods need to create a Paragon Knights sub-forum. It's like a guild conversations in every thread!

^^^ Proboards is excellent and free!!!
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:11 am

Sabindeus wrote:

^^^ :)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:13 am

I do have to say, that while I do find the whole lot of you fun and very easy to talk to, friendly, etc.... the amount of Paragon Knights guild banter that goes on on this forum... is kind of excessive. It's in every thread you guys touch.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General