Remove Advertisements

Rift

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Rift!

Postby Loras » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:24 pm

Aye, but I found reaver to be a better complement to Paladin. Cause Riftblade is all about huge bursts some of it being ranged, and to be honest you either dont get fast enough to apply all the Reaver dots, or the opponents don't last long enough for the dots to be any good. I humiliate groups of mobs in a couple of GCDs really (not exaggerating), so dots are hardly any good. It's literally Thunder strike x3 -> Air burst (or what was the name) -> Thunder Strike x3 -> Earth burst. By that time everything is dead, and often enough the second burst is an overkill as they're close to dead (a several hundred points of dmg burst hitting a few enemies with ~100hp left) or already dead. Riftblade is somewhat weak at start but come 30s it's a real beast (once you get the air burst, that hits a lot more than 3 enemies).

Oh, and please keep this topic updated with endgame content when you reach it - observations, explanations, etc. I'm pretty interested to hear more about it as that was one of the reasons to stop my initial rush to switch from WoW to Rift. Not that I'll do it now even if endgame was good and original (other reasons for it too), but I'm still curious about it :)
Loras

Postby Shyrtandros » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:30 am

Toons!

Asclepius Shard: Keenblade
Seven Shard: Laethys
Shyrtandros Shard: Akylios
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Levantine » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:06 am

Wow, I'm actually enjoying the Rogue archetype. Currently levelling as an Ass/RS/BD. RS as my secondary for the blink and survivability boost for levelling is noice (*hugs Rift Scavenger*), 0pt BD so far for Side Steps when I inevitably Pull Too Much.

PS Assassin is funsies. I'm hoping I really annoy people in Fronts.

Kiai on Briarcliff.
Levantine

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:53 am

I think I goofed with my selections for my rogue.. it's still fun though.

I went with Saboteur/ Ranger / Bard

I like the bombs with saboteur but I've noticed for doing rifts the bombs are almost useless because of how fast people kill stuff so I end up spanning ranger abilities during rifts.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Levantine » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:41 pm

What level are you? I've not noticed stuff dieing exceptionally quickly as low as 13/14. It might be that there are just less people zerging the shit out of the rifts and invasions since I play at Oceanic times (even though I play on one of the 'ocenaic' homes, there's undoubtedly just less of us).
Levantine

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:41 am

Levantine wrote:What level are you? I've not noticed stuff dieing exceptionally quickly as low as 13/14. It might be that there are just less people zerging the shit out of the rifts and invasions since I play at Oceanic times (even though I play on one of the 'ocenaic' homes, there's undoubtedly just less of us).

We're like level 8ish and to be honost I feel a bit confused about the way rifts and invasions work.. random quests showing up on our screen, randomly being able to loot or not loot stuff we kill during the fight.. 1 person getting credit and the other not.. it just seems a bit odd.

I think every rift we've done has had at a minimum of 6+ people there so the stuff dies FAST.
Shyrtandros

Postby Eltiana » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:54 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
Levantine wrote:What level are you? I've not noticed stuff dieing exceptionally quickly as low as 13/14. It might be that there are just less people zerging the shit out of the rifts and invasions since I play at Oceanic times (even though I play on one of the 'ocenaic' homes, there's undoubtedly just less of us).

We're like level 8ish and to be honost I feel a bit confused about the way rifts and invasions work.. random quests showing up on our screen, randomly being able to loot or not loot stuff we kill during the fight.. 1 person getting credit and the other not.. it just seems a bit odd.

I think every rift we've done has had at a minimum of 6+ people there so the stuff dies FAST.

Quests show up on the screen to let you know when a zone wide invasion is happening, and to update you on how progressed the people in that zone are in defeating the invasion. It isn't an actual real quest though.
Eltiana

Postby thegreatheed » Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:02 am

Shyrtandros wrote:

At level 8, you're only encountering minor rifts, and there's only a couple possible spawns for them. The first zone in general usually has a quite a bit of rift zerging happening, just because of leveling curves. Once you level a bit, it's pretty easy to find rifts with only a couple people, or none at all.

One good thing they did is scale rift difficulty with player population in the zone. 3 months from now when you're leveling an alt, you won't have a zone filled with impossible major rifts.
thegreatheed

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 pm

I'm using a Assasin\Rift\Nightblade build right now. It's really nice as you get some of the defensive ablities from rift and self healing. I'm level 41 right now, and comfortably pull 3 to 4 mobs at same lvl as me and finish most fights with full HP. I got the build off of riftjunkies on their forums under the rogue class if anyone is interested, I'm at work so no linky sorry.

I tried the Rift tank spec, but due to being in leveling gear, I was told i was too much of a mana sponge. I will be using it as my 4th spec when I hit 50 and start building an avoidance tank set. Bard is really good support in dungeons and in warfronts. I'm also using a sabo/bard/infiltrator build for pvp that does great burst and has decent survivabilty as long as I'm not being focused by too many.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby sahiel » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:16 pm

At level 38 I just switched from Riftblade to a Champ/Para/Rift spec... it's hilarious in WFs. Run in, 3-4 seconds later hit everyone nearby for 1k+, then do it again another 3-4 seconds later... I see a fix for champ/paragon synergy coming soon, it easily doubles anyone else's damage in WFs. As it is, even without the extra burst from paragon I can do 8 seconds worth of stun every minute, solely from Champion, thats pretty much anyone dead given that in that time I do around 4k damage before crits (and I have a 30 second CD 'Your next attack crits' ability).

It's just as good for pve, with charge on a 15 sec CD and causing a 3 sec stun, most mobs are dead before they get more than 2 swings at me, it does do -slightly- worse in Rifts since it's melee so I spend a few precious moments running to new mobs whereas my Riftblade just stood in the middle and spammed ranged attacks, but it's so much more fun to play imo. I definitely take more damage than my riftblade too, mobs literally never reached with slows and roots when I was that spec, however I kill mobs maybe 3 times as fast or more now, so even with the odd moment sat down drinking after 10 kills it still results in vastly quicker questing overall.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:40 am

I'm hoping to ding 50 tomorrow. I'm 21% into the lvl. I will be the first in my guild to 50, closest was a couple people who hit 40 or 41. Questing in this game is rediculously easy, I love it. I got bored this week so I've been achieve hunting, which was always a favorite pastime of mine. I have one puzzle to go and 3 cairns I think to be done with those.

Any suggestions on the next toon to level? Warpunk is a rogue, I have a cleric and warrior made (Healpunk and Ragepunk) already. Also any recommendations on leveling specs? I'm specced BM/Riftblade/Champ atm i think on warrior and Druid/HoT healer/AOE healer (cant remember soul names)
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby crazyharry » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:10 am

I have levelled my warrior to 50 and tried just about every soul combo available, but I kept going back to champ/rift/vindicator (essential on my server, everyone wants to gank the champions), its (for me) the most fun by a mile. The only downside is how damn fragile champs are.

Similar story with my cleric, tried everything, kept going back to shaman/druid/warden for the face smashing goodness and the insta heals/on demand mana regen.

Levelling a rogue now, nb/ass/bd for general crap, bard/sab for WFs and riftstalker/bd/bard for tanking.

I have tried the various AoE specs and they never seem to life up to the hype.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby Kelaan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:57 pm

What sort of end-game is there? Are there raids, high-level dungeons, or is it mainly PvP or rift-zerging?
Kelaan

Postby Holyblaze » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:11 pm

Vanifae wrote:I will not be moved.

This! 8)
"Take what you know of the Light...when you walk in darkness." - Mom
Holyblaze

Postby Eltiana » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Kelaan wrote:What sort of end-game is there? Are there raids, high-level dungeons, or is it mainly PvP or rift-zerging?

That I know of there are high-level dungeons with expert modes, at least one raid, and raid rifts.
Eltiana

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games