For Those Interested in Buying Pokemon Black or White

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: For Those Interested in Buying Pokemon Black or White

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:21 am

Holy wow... I remember playing blue followed by red and immediately followed by yellow... I also remember losing my red cartridge and tearing up my whole house for like a week before I finally gave up... (I never did find that cartridge :() I'll have to call my mom so I can go destroy the house again and try to find it 1 more time LOL.

I played gold also but about the time I got gold I had really lost interest in playing the same game over and over.. this was about the same time I started to get "SERIOUS BUSINESS" with Diablo 2 and the introduction into online play.

My dad was cracking jokes about Pokémon™ the other night so I find it funny that this topic shows up and we all show our true level of nerd.

P.S. Poké party? sounds hilarious to attend.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:42 am

poke party?

ill be the one blocking the hallway, dressed as snorlax

(come on, how many didnt see that coming?)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:05 am

bldavis wrote:poke party?

ill be the one blocking the hallway, dressed as snorlax

(come on, how many didnt see that coming?)

Epic
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:33 am

I was pretty into Pokemon in my early teens. I even started my own Pokemon-based website and forums, which lasted until for some stupid reason I decided I'd lost interest and deleted every page from the web (I regret that, I put a lot into it and had regular members who I kinda just left in the cold). Played Blue, Gold, and I think Sapphire, and briefly got pulled back into things to try Diamond/Pearl on an emulator but didn't get far.

I liked the Ruby/Sapphire generation, and I thought the new Pokemon they added in that one were well designed (they filled in a lot of real-world-creature analogues instead of making so much strange generic stuff up). I have no idea where things have gone since then, though.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby mew » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:15 pm

We do have a big friend who dresses as Snorlax, it's pretty awesome. I'm working on an Arbok-based costume for this summer's convention season.

I emulated gold and ruby. Playing pokemon on an emulator is ballin. Just crank it up to 1000% speed and power level like a cheater.

I keep getting really annoyed by the minor interface stuff they did in this game, mainly taking out really good features they had put in for HG/SS. It's like they don't learn from their previous games D: They have gone back to the old system of using bicycle to ride it (you can't even single-button bind it like you used to be able to), holding B to run instead of just toggling it on the touch screen, bags are more disorganized than in HG/SS, and no more customizeable poketch for the bottom screen. I loved the HG/SS item finder, it was like a radar that you tap, it radiates out, and the item blinks if it is on your screen. This new one isn't terrible but I don't like having to constantly remember to activate it. It seems like they are wasting the bottom screen, I like what they tried to do with it, letting you keep track of who is playing near you, but it just isn't very useful.
Also, I think everyone misses not having their active pokemon out behind them :(

The only new interface feature I think that I have found that I like is the ability to use multiple of the same item in a row on your Pokemon screen without having to exit back to the item menu. I guess also letting you use your attack the first time you select it instead of having to go through the description of the attack and then confirming it (you should already know what your attacks are really) is a good change.
(I have yet to use my PC box yet, so I haven't checked that out to see what they changed)

I'm only passed the 3rd gym but so far there isn't as much use of HMs as before, which is completely wonderful. Also being able to use TMs as much as you want is amazing.
ImageImage
mew

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:00 pm

mew wrote:We do have a big friend who dresses as Snorlax, it's pretty awesome. I'm working on an Arbok-based costume for this summer's convention season.

I emulated gold and ruby. Playing pokemon on an emulator is ballin. Just crank it up to 1000% speed and power level like a cheater.

I keep getting really annoyed by the minor interface stuff they did in this game, mainly taking out really good features they had put in for HG/SS. It's like they don't learn from their previous games D: They have gone back to the old system of using bicycle to ride it (you can't even single-button bind it like you used to be able to), holding B to run instead of just toggling it on the touch screen, bags are more disorganized than in HG/SS, and no more customizeable poketch for the bottom screen. I loved the HG/SS item finder, it was like a radar that you tap, it radiates out, and the item blinks if it is on your screen. This new one isn't terrible but I don't like having to constantly remember to activate it. It seems like they are wasting the bottom screen, I like what they tried to do with it, letting you keep track of who is playing near you, but it just isn't very useful.
Also, I think everyone misses not having their active pokemon out behind them :(

The only new interface feature I think that I have found that I like is the ability to use multiple of the same item in a row on your Pokemon screen without having to exit back to the item menu. I guess also letting you use your attack the first time you select it instead of having to go through the description of the attack and then confirming it (you should already know what your attacks are really) is a good change.
(I have yet to use my PC box yet, so I haven't checked that out to see what they changed)

I'm only passed the 3rd gym but so far there isn't as much use of HMs as before, which is completely wonderful. Also being able to use TMs as much as you want is amazing.

I hate the C-Gear

In Pokemon Pearl they had your pokemons health and status in the bottom screen
Lightbeard

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum