Stat and Gear advice

Get help with your character's gear

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, majiben, lythac, Digren

Stat and Gear advice

Postby sherck » Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:25 am

Tankadins,

2 questions:

1. How much is Mastery weighted versus Dodge or Parry in terms of CTC? 3:1? 2.5:1? 2:1? When I am looking at an "upgrade" and I gain 15 Mastery but lose 20 Dodge (or Parry), is that an upgrade (for maximizing CTC), a sidegrade or a downgrade?

2. Specific question, is the [Darkmoon Card: Earthquake] an upgrade when I am currently wearing 346 {Leaden Despair] and 333 [Impetuous Query]? (links don't work at work, sorry)

DMC: Earthquake = static 321 Dodge rating; On Use = Bonus 11,500 health for 15 sec
Leaden Despair = static 427 Stamina; Bonus 3,420 armor when brought below 35% health)
Impetuous Query = static 252 Mastery rating; On Use = Bonus 1425 Parry rating for 10 sec

The DMC is listed right now for 3k on our AH. I would most likely replace the Impetuous Query with the DMC card for general use and would probably use the two avoidance trinkets during farming content.

Opinions?

Cheers,
sherck

Re: Stat and Gear advice

Postby Shoju » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:40 pm

at 3k, I would probably buy it, and use it over the query, reforging it for some mastery.
Shoju

Re: Stat and Gear advice

Postby Jeremoot » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:02 pm

sherck wrote:1. How much is Mastery weighted versus Dodge or Parry in terms of CTC? 3:1? 2.5:1? 2:1? When I am looking at an "upgrade" and I gain 15 Mastery but lose 20 Dodge (or Parry), is that an upgrade (for maximizing CTC), a sidegrade or a downgrade?

In terms of CTC, Mastery is 2.28:1 to avoidance assuming your dodge and parry are balanced raid buffed (Cm*2.25/Ca = 2.282). So yes, 15 mastery gives more CTC than 20 dodge. Also, 1 point of mastery provides more time to live than a point of avoidance rating.

sherck wrote:2. Specific question, is the [Darkmoon Card: Earthquake] an upgrade when I am currently wearing 346 {Leaden Despair] and 333 [Impetuous Query]? (links don't work at work, sorry)

DMC: Earthquake = static 321 Dodge rating; On Use = Bonus 11,500 health for 15 sec
Leaden Despair = static 427 Stamina; Bonus 3,420 armor when brought below 35% health)
Impetuous Query = static 252 Mastery rating; On Use = Bonus 1425 Parry rating for 10 sec

Personally, no, I wouldn't. The Impetuous Query isn't bad in terms of itemization. Impetuous Query will give you more CTC, and in my opinion, the Parry on use is better than the health on-use in todays content. As for the Leaden Despair, it's a pretty bad trinket, but if I were you I'd spend my time farming for the Procelain Crab, or Throngus's Finger.

Currently I'm using the crab paired up with the JC trinket. Still waiting for Valiona to drop a friggin' Vial. :roll: The Porcelain Crab is great because it has a decent uptime, and when it procs, I have full combat table coverage for 20 seconds.
Jeremoot

Return to Gear Discussions and Advice