japan tsunami

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

japan tsunami

Postby Masumi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:24 am

This morning I was woken up by my mother, she wanted me to try to contact as many of my family remembers to check. this morning a tsunami hit right near were some of my uncles and aunts live. I have not been able to get a hold of them.
Want to know how I am currently feeling? listen to the music in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdNWYUMZpo
Masumi

Re: japan tsunami

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:53 am

I actually have some guildies on the other side where it happened (although we didn't know that at the time) and they're reported in saying they're okay. I hope you're able to get in touch with your family members soon.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:07 am

to google!

I have no knowledge of this happeninininin.

GOOGLE-FU to the rescue!
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Santcuff » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:16 am

I pray your family is save Minn
daemonym wrote:Crazy? I was crazy once...
Santcuff

Postby Masumi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:26 am

up till now my the only one i heard from was one of my aunts, my cousin kana was out when the quake hit and has something fall on her. seems her left arm is hurt badly but they are okay. nothing from the rest.
Want to know how I am currently feeling? listen to the music in this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcdNWYUMZpo
Masumi

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:40 am

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby katraya » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 am

I'm currently taking a class on Public Health Preparedness that has a pretty significant focus on disaster response. The professor in charge of that section was supposed to fly out this weekend to help with the recovery assessment in New Zealand. Somehow I think his plans may be changing... He also participated in the relief effort in Haiti and the stories and photos he has shared have been fascinating but terribly sad.

His wife is doing a rather timely lecture on ethical medical decision making during disaster response on Monday that I'm planning to attend.

We've spent a lot of time focusing on the type of responses that different disasters warrant and earthquakes and tsunamis are both unique. I am more concerned about the tsunami since Japan has a long history of earthquakes and has instituted building codes to handle them.
katraya
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:13 am

Hopefully your family is ok Minn.

On a sidenote, Japan is a pretty rich country (I believe in the top 20 or top 10) so they should be able to recover pretty effectively without much relief aid or outside help.
Lightbeard

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:14 am

i was talking to a friend from NZ late last night and she told me about this
apperently it is supposed to hit in about an hr where she is (6:30 am local)

she is at least up on the hills, but the earthquake in NZ last week happened right on the coast,
my prayers are for those poor people...massive earthquake and then a tsunami the next week?
havent they gone through enough?

and im seconding the sentiments about your family min, i hope everyone is ok

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fudomyou » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:11 pm

Lightbeard wrote:On a sidenote, Japan is a pretty rich country (I believe in the top 20 or top 10) so they should be able to recover pretty effectively without much relief aid or outside help.

The prime minister of Japan went on TV shortly after the quake to advise the Japanese people that they were going to have to steel themselves to accepting foreign aid and lots of it - at least 5 American Navy ships are in the area and steaming over to provide whatever help they can.

The footage of the tsunami in Iwate and Miyagi is crazy to watch. It's a wall of sludge moving at 40 mph and just leaving nothing behind. I visited a town named Miyako in 2008, and it's just not there anymore.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Arnock » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Praying that everything turns out alright for your family minn :(

I heard that the wave also hit Hawai'i and is expected to hit the states' west coast as well, has that happened yet?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Rachmaninoff » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:49 pm

Arnock wrote:I heard that the wave also hit Hawai'i and is expected to hit the states' west coast as well, has that happened yet?

yes it did, but not overly large waves, not really catastrophic
http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/03/11/tsunami/index.html
Rachmaninoff

Postby Rachmaninoff » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Rachmaninoff

Postby Lightbeard » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:42 pm

In the words of Martin Lawrence from Bad Boys 1

"Shit just got real"
Lightbeard

Postby Levantine » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:56 pm

Oh wow, I just had to correct some friends on Facebook as to how disgustingly serious this entire thing is. :(

I hope your family's okay, Minn.
Levantine

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum