Remove Advertisements

Macros help (shift keybind to a different spell)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macros help (shift keybind to a different spell)

Postby Dianora » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:01 am

I'm looking to simplified my keybind a bit, so i'm thinking about combining two of my keys to a single keybind, differentiated by a shift key, and I'm thinking of using a macro to do this.

Right now, my 1 key is bind to Avenging Shield. On boss fight pull, I always use Avenging Wraith. What I'm looking for is a macros to trigger Avenging Wraith with Shift-1 and normal 1 to fire Avenging Shield. I'll probably do the same with some of my other spell.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:04 am

Emoir

Postby Dianora » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:19 am

Emoir wrote:http://www.wowwiki.com/Making_a_macro#modifier:shift.2Fctrl.2Falt

Thanks.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Igrado » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:27 pm

I recently added this process as well.

Rank 3 Avenger's shield is hidden under Rank 1. So far I've only use rank 3 for Curator's Evocation.
Rank 4 Holy Shield is hidden under Rank 1.
Exorcism is hidden under Judgement. Both are instants, but Exorcism is obviously used a lot less. The only disadvantage to this choice is I can't see the CD on Exorcism on the button.
Seal of slowppldowninPVP is hidden under either SoL or SoW, Seal of the Crusader is under the other.

I do not stack Consecration, I keep maxrank and rank 3 on separate buttons, but I am QUITE used to this system. I am considering hiding a 3rd rank, perhaps rank5, under my max rank, but so far tanking is busy enough for me as is.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:39 pm

As a tip, if you plan on using SHIFT variations in your macros, it is important to disable those in your keybindings menu as the default behaviour is:

SHIFT+1 - action bar 1
SHIFT+2 - action bar 2
SHIFT+3 - action bar 3

and so on.
jere

Postby Aevie » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:17 pm

jere wrote:As a tip, if you plan on using SHIFT variations in your macros, it is important to disable those in your keybindings menu as the default behaviour is:

SHIFT+1 - action bar 1
SHIFT+2 - action bar 2
SHIFT+3 - action bar 3

and so on.

It was a fun learning experience when I didn't realize this and did Black Morass on my prot tank... shift+3 for shield wall and ALL OF MY BUTTONS ARE GONE suddenly.

Thaaaaaat sucked.

<3
Aevie
Aevie

Postby Dianora » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:55 pm

Igrado wrote:I recently added this process as well.

Rank 3 Avenger's shield is hidden under Rank 1. So far I've only use rank 3 for Curator's Evocation.
Rank 4 Holy Shield is hidden under Rank 1.
Exorcism is hidden under Judgement. Both are instants, but Exorcism is obviously used a lot less. The only disadvantage to this choice is I can't see the CD on Exorcism on the button.
Seal of slowppldowninPVP is hidden under either SoL or SoW, Seal of the Crusader is under the other.

I do not stack Consecration, I keep maxrank and rank 3 on separate buttons, but I am QUITE used to this system. I am considering hiding a 3rd rank, perhaps rank5, under my max rank, but so far tanking is busy enough for me as is.

I'm not going that complicated.

1 == Avenger's Shield
Shift/Ctrl/Alt 1 == Avenging Wrath

2 == Seal of the Crusader.

3 == Seal of the Righteousness

4 == Holy Shield Rank 4
Shift/Ctrl/Alt 4 == Holy Shield Rank 1

5 == Judgement
Shift/Ctrl/Alt 5 == Hammer of Wrath

6 == Hammer of Justice.

That's pretty much all I can use in my left hand (i use awsd for movement). I've bind consecration on middle mouse button, and the taunt macro on shift middle button.

I swap in an macro version of JoL or JoW depending on the situtation. Since our Ret paladin stop raiding, the protection paladin have to pick up the imp SotC.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros