StarCraft2

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

StarCraft2

Postby Candiru » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:10 am

Anyone been playing this? I installed it last week and have been having fun playing it. We could organise a 4v4 team or play against each other in a Maintankadin knockout tournament or something!

Took 2 hours to install with all the blizzard auto-patching patch after patch... Once its all installed though its a good game. The campaign is more involved than previous games, but only Terran. You have mutually-exclusive upgrades and things though, so will be replay value.

Multiplayer you have 5 placement matches to see how good you are, then you are pitted against people of a similar skill level. I've been playing Zerg which I liked from SC1 and they are quite different now. The creep mechanic is completely different; you spawn creep tumours as a spell from Queens which then produce creep around them *and* one additional creep tumour after 30s. This lets you chain creep slowly across the map. Zerg units now move much faster on creep, so you want to fight on it as much as possible.

Kandiru 940 on EU battle.net BTW
Last edited by Candiru on Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Candiru

Re: StarCraft2

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:56 am

Lingering around here somewhere is a Starcraft 2 board with alot of people who do play it.

I have yet to pick up the game. I haven't been able to justify the cost of the game compared to the lack of availability I would have to play it. :(
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Thornir » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:39 pm

I have the game, and I've been having a good time with friends on it.

Campaign was alright, but I've yet to do any harder than Normal. In fact, I've yet to do my placement matches yet. I've just been having waaaaaaaaaay too much fun with Customs that I'm not even worried about ladders. Favorites have got to be OBS (You sign up to play or watch a game, and if you watch you have rounds when you can bet on who's gonna win) and Phantom Mode (everyone is initially allied with each other, but there are two Phantoms whose job is to kill everyone else, and you don't know who is what).

I'm a pretty bad Terran focus, where my build cycles between marines and medis for the drop on the main, and shee rushes.
Many fall, but one remains. - The Stranger
Men are but flesh and blood. They know their doom, but not the hour. - Patrick Stewart
Thornir

*Now with 100% more beef!*
Thornir

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:59 pm

Terran here, and a pathetic one at that
im in low bronze league....

it is one of the nicest RTS games ive played, and each race has a different feel, and several build orders you can go

much fun is to be had

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Hayz » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:28 pm

mid level bronze zerg, dont play much because i get bored just laddering.
Deathknights are whores! They're cheap, easy, and spread diseases.
OOM, pulling more trash.
Its alright, I'm a Paladin!
They can't stop us let 'em try, for heavy metal we will die!
Hayz

Postby Linkie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:34 pm

I played it pretty seriously in beta, and the first couple of weeks after release. My problem is that I can't play it casually, so it ends up being more stressfull/serious than I really want a game to be.

However, I just started playing the SC2 dota custom game today (SOTIS) with some friends, and that's pretty fun, and a little more laid back :)
Linkie

Postby Invisusira » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Haven't been playing as much any more but would defly be down for some games.
Invisusira

Postby Arnock » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 pm

I played almost nonstop during beta, bought the game, played through the campaign once, and I don't think I ever even finished the placement matches. Probably should pick it up again sometime...

Been playing too much LOL though =P

Played mostly zerg in Beta, tried playing toss a bit, but I had too much trouble cracking M&M balls, probably where some of my frustration lied.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Dapaladin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:44 pm

I haven't laddered in a long time but I'd be willing to play with some people.

Bnet Name:Kefka
Char Code:663
Dapaladin

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:52 pm

Other than some matches with my friend against the computer ( 2v1 intially, but getting into some 2v2, the computers are insane when you're trying to learn... gogo gadget slow setting!)

I'll probably never play the Ladder, since I don't care to take the time to get competitive, especially when the campaign and playing with my friends is fun enough for me.

As far as race... I switch between Terran and Zerg while my friend plays Protoss (which can be interesting if I'm Zerg and creep a little to far for him to build :lol: )
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Candiru » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:46 am

Kandiru 940 is my id thing BTW.
Candiru

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:50 am

Agaren......something something something
i forgot

ill edit this post when i see it again

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Levantine » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:48 pm

Protoss player here. I was like, mid bronze I think, been a while since I bothered to look. Blink stalkers are fun. I always was better at micro than macro, so I relied on very early harassment (Void Ray/Blink Stalkers+Observer) to win. >:
Levantine

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:44 pm

Levantine wrote:Protoss player here. I was like, mid bronze I think, been a while since I bothered to look. Blink stalkers are fun. I always was better at micro than macro, so I relied on very early harassment (Void Ray/Blink Stalkers+Observer) to win. >:

lol im almost complete opposite, my micro sucks, the wins i manage to get are from just sheer mass of units that you cant kill fast enough to keep up with reinforcements

bldavis

Postby Candiru » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:57 am

New season!

Slightly annoyed with the placement system though, I was in Bronze last season, but was starting to be put against silver and winning about half the matches. This season I was against a platinum for my placement, which I won. Then I beat a gold and silver with no losses. Still in bronze. :(
Candiru

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum