Remove Advertisements

[Warrior PvE] Casual DPS Gameplay: Arms or Fury

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

Re: [Warrior PvE] Casual DPS Gameplay: Arms or Fury

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:03 pm

Kelaan wrote:
bldavis wrote:Fingers of Light (reforge parry) NOTE: You may have to struggle with tanks about these. They have 10 more strength than any other heroic gloves and parry is arguably a better stat for arms than haste. Make sure your group knows upfront that you want to roll for these.

Whaaat? Why would Arms want Parry? Someone seems to be on crack. I can't comment on the merits of pvp gear or not (set bonuses are still juicy!), but I can't imagine tanking stats being competitive, even when reforged, and especially don't understand why Arms would want Parry. :)

i couldnt understand that either....
its a gear list, but not the best one ever
take it with a HUGE grain of salt

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Kelaan wrote:
bldavis wrote:Fingers of Light (reforge parry) NOTE: You may have to struggle with tanks about these. They have 10 more strength than any other heroic gloves and parry is arguably a better stat for arms than haste. Make sure your group knows upfront that you want to roll for these.

Whaaat? Why would Arms want Parry? Someone seems to be on crack. I can't comment on the merits of pvp gear or not (set bonuses are still juicy!), but I can't imagine tanking stats being competitive, even when reforged, and especially don't understand why Arms would want Parry. :)

I think he's being facetious because haste is such a low priority for arms. I.e. "even the occasional damage mitigation + parry haste from parry is better than haste" - 10 str is worth more than the haste loss.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Kelaan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Strength is valued that highly? Wow. I hadn't looked closely at the stat weights to verify that, but it sounds plausible. My calcs show that the pvp gear, for example, is better than heroic blues and non-tier epics for DPS, despite massive points "wasted" on resilience, simply because of all the strength. (Though, to be fair, this was also due to the set bonus. I haven't checked to see where it would be at zero bonus.)
Kelaan

Postby fafhrd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm

According to him it is anyway - presumably he's plugged it into simcraft to compare it to other heroic gloves if he's listing it in his thread. It seems a bit odd to me since while the alternate gloves I've seen (rep gloves from WH and drops from Stonecore) have haste, they have crit which is pretty good (if instead there had something cappable like exp for the other stat, and the tank ones had mastery, it would be an easier choice). Maybe the tank ones have mastery and a better socket bonus or something. It mostly depends on just how bad haste is for arms though, I just know that it's the lowest value stat.

I haven't read the thread though, so if he isn't backing up his tank-gear fixation with math, you should probably ignore it.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Previous

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes