Rift

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Rift!

Postby Punkss2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:08 am

Yeah, that's like all the screams of nerf that are/were happening with Sabateur Rogues. What people don't realize is that it takes 6 or 7 GCDs for the big "boom" to go off. If you aren't paying attention to your debuffs, you will go boom.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Punkss2 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:17 am

Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby amh » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:23 pm

Reaver aoe is pretty awesome. Still lacking one more dot to really nail it, but I haven't encountered a single class/spec able to pull off me without taunting.

Had a little trollol moment in Granite Falls. I lost count of the amount of invasions we fought back (cough corpse run), but it took ages. Think I gained half a level there.

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:38 pm

This happened totally on accident, but was totally hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5dHCxUn5QE
d503

Postby sahiel » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:16 pm

You got mad skills :P
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:01 am

<- Work impaired

Is Rift already OUT? or is it still beta?

I've been following the thread and it does look like something I'd be willing to drop a little investment in to try something new...

afterall I pay 40-60 bucks for a shiny new xbox game that only gets maybe 1 month of play .. why not do it with an MMO?

P.S It would be cool if we could make a little "list" of tankadins playing on server, faction, name/ class
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 am

Shyrtandros wrote:Is Rift already OUT? or is it still beta?

The beta ended, and the servers opened for people who pre-ordered only. The game launches for everyone this week.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Eltiana » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 am

Shyrtandros wrote:<- Work impaired

I've been following the thread and it does look like something I'd be willing to drop a little investment in to try something new...

afterall I pay 40-60 bucks for a shiny new xbox game that only gets maybe 1 month of play .. why not do it with an MMO?

P.S It would be cool if we could make a little "list" of tankadins playing on server, faction, name/ class
Official release date is March 1st, but for those that pre-ordered you could participate in headstart which started Feb 24th.
Eltiana

Postby crazyharry » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 pm

March 4th in Euro land. Going to be weird seeing people ride around on non tortoise mounts (oh Tartagon, how I hate thee)
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
crazyharry

Postby tinalt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:03 pm

Shyrtandros wrote:<- Work impaired

Since people above already answered about the release date and headstart, I thought I'd use your P.S. to update my server info. Keenblade had too big of a queue at launch, so me and my friends rolled Defiant side on Laethys. PvE server, no queue to log in.

If anyone rolls a toon on this server, feel free to add Tin to your friend list. Warrior that's leveling reaver/champion/beastmaster.
tinalt
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm loving the Riftblade/Reaver combo. I'm basically unkillable and have Fiery Burst/Searing Strike for great single target damage along with DoTs and infestation.

I'm not quite high enough for Cyclone Strike and Earth Burst, so my AoE is a little lacking, but I usually throw up Plague Bringing and Blood Fever 3-4 onlevel mobs to death...it's quite nice :)
d503

Postby Loras » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm

From Beta experience - Riftblade owns all, and I dont even see why there's a need to combine it with a 2nd tree :D at first I thought I can also tank with it, and since my initial mainspec was paladin, I sticked till mid 30s with a 1h + shield and str/dex/end gear. It's pretty much elemental dmg and most of the champion talents increase 2-handed or physical damage (and I loved the trade off little dmg loss vs high survivability boost, especially with paladin as subspec, got huge block chance), so I just went with a Beastmaster experimental subspec. With a tanking pet I kill the mob before I reach it, or before I outaggro the pet in defensive stance. AoE is also awesome. Just bring some water, drinking is super fast (screw you, WoW :), and AoE-ing a big bunch of mobs is a matter of seconds :)
Loras

Postby d503 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Loras wrote:From Beta experience - Riftblade owns all, and I dont even see why there's a need to combine it with a 2nd tree :D at first I thought I can also tank with it, and since my initial mainspec was paladin, I sticked till mid 30s with a 1h + shield and str/dex/end gear. It's pretty much elemental dmg and most of the champion talents increase 2-handed or physical damage (and I loved the trade off little dmg loss vs high survivability boost, especially with paladin as subspec, got huge block chance), so I just went with a Beastmaster experimental subspec. With a tanking pet I kill the mob before I reach it, or before I outaggro the pet in defensive stance. AoE is also awesome. Just bring some water, drinking is super fast (screw you, WoW :), and AoE-ing a big bunch of mobs is a matter of seconds :)

This is the best part of Rift - The endless combinations make it really fun for experienced MMO players...probably a bit daunting for noobers, tho :/
d503

Postby Loras » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Well, to be honest, the playstile looks like it offers great choices, but in reality they're a lot more limited than you see. Because of the twin skills and the bad synergy of some specs. Every class has a weapon strike + x dmg ability, for some it's physical, for some it's magical, for some it's dot, but it's highly unlikely to use another. You never use Beastmaster's abilities if you're Riftstalker main/BM off, cause they're just not powerful enough after infusing all your elemental attacks with talents from the Riftstalker tree. Or weapon dmg attacks - recommended pairing of Riftblade was Champion or Paragon. But Paragon is total failure - it either increases parry, or enforces dual strike weapon dmg attacks that are physical damage and make your Riftblade talents and spells pointless. Many examples but yeah, not everything works, despite what they advertise.
Loras

Postby d503 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Loras wrote:Well, to be honest, the playstile looks like it offers great choices, but in reality they're a lot more limited than you see. Because of the twin skills and the bad synergy of some specs. Every class has a weapon strike + x dmg ability, for some it's physical, for some it's magical, for some it's dot, but it's highly unlikely to use another. You never use Beastmaster's abilities if you're Riftstalker main/BM off, cause they're just not powerful enough after infusing all your elemental attacks with talents from the Riftstalker tree. Or weapon dmg attacks - recommended pairing of Riftblade was Champion or Paragon. But Paragon is total failure - it either increases parry, or enforces dual strike weapon dmg attacks that are physical damage and make your Riftblade talents and spells pointless. Many examples but yeah, not everything works, despite what they advertise.

True, but you can keep the Beastmaster debuff up that gives your pet 20% for damage for 12s without sacrificing too much DPS since it just replaces a Searing Strike or Flame Spearlol. So there's *some* synergy, but you have to be careful about it...totally agree. That's why I found Reaver to be a good compliment, as they're both dealing DoT damage, and non-physical damage.
d503

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games