Rift

Non-WoW game discussions

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Aubade

Re: Rift!

Postby amh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:48 pm

Reaver/Paladin/irrelevant on Blightweald EU.

d503 wrote:Defiant, ofc
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:04 pm

amh wrote:Reaver/Paladin/irrelevant on Blightweald EU.

d503 wrote:Defiant, ofc

Warlord is nice for a 0pt tertiary. It gives you an aura that causes enemies to miss 5% more. Pretty ballin'.
d503

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:07 pm

Champion is also pretty good for a 0pt tertiary. Bull Rush is pretty ballin'.
Levantine

Postby d503 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Levantine wrote:Champion is also pretty good for a 0pt tertiary. Bull Rush is pretty ballin'.

Code: Select all
Shield Charge
3-20 Meter Range10 Energy
Instant
Cooldown: 15.00 Seconds
Charge an enemy leading with a shield, dealing 68 to 71 damage and rooting them for 2 seconds. Requires an equipped shield. Generates additional threat. This ability grants 1 Attack Point.
Requires: 18 Points Spent in Paladin
Requires: Level 18
d503

Postby Levantine » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 pm

So what your saying is that more mobility is bad. Kay.
Levantine

Postby d503 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:31 pm

Levantine wrote:So what your saying is that more mobility is bad. Kay.

I'm saying 5% miss > a second charge...
d503

Postby amh » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:07 pm

Reaver mainspec, not going to have enough points in Paladin to get a charge for quite some time. Champion was a natural choice in that respect. Can't beat a charge. :)

Unless you really need the mitigation, there isn't much point mainspeccing Paladin until you get your Balance of Power (reflective shield) / Tip of the Balance (healing through BoP). Weak aoe, general lack of self healing. Reaver is quite awesome for both of those.

Also:

#show Chain Heal
cast Retaliation
cast Chain Heal

^ mandatory
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Punkss2 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:15 pm

Got my Rogue created and played for 20 mins this morning, woke up at 7pm (PST) and there was a 3 hour 500+ que. I only had 45 min so I rolled an alt on a pvp server that had medium pop, started with an A, think its one of the new servers they just made. I expect there to be a que time tomorrow morning when I get off work as well. Also everytime I've logged in the environment has been stable, no lag, no DC so thats good.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:55 am

Has anyone found any theorycrafting Rift sites yet? More preferably one with rogue information.

I wish they had an Armory, but they said they aren't going to implement that any time soon, if ever.
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby d503 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:31 am

amh wrote:Reaver mainspec, not going to have enough points in Paladin to get a charge for quite some time. Champion was a natural choice in that respect. Can't beat a charge. :)

Unless you really need the mitigation, there isn't much point mainspeccing Paladin until you get your Balance of Power (reflective shield) / Tip of the Balance (healing through BoP). Weak aoe, general lack of self healing. Reaver is quite awesome for both of those.

Also:

#show Chain Heal
cast Retaliation
cast Chain Heal

^ mandatory

I think this build picks up alot of the good aoe and self healing from reaver while still getting the damage mitigation of Paladin: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1cAhE.xzqph0k.ExRusciszMz

I'm still not sure how I'm gonna spec leveling up, as you basically can't do IT aoe pulls without having Plague Bringer :/. So I may Reaver main for a little bit. But I'm a Paladin at heart!

Also, are you going to have so many points in reaver that you can't get 18 in Paladin??? I suppose if you were going the 51pter route, you would.
d503

Postby amh » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:36 am

d503 wrote:Also, are you going to have so many points in reaver that you can't get 18 in Paladin??? I suppose if you were going the 51pter route, you would.

amh wrote:for quite some time.

Patience, young reaveradin. I'm currently level 20ish; I certainly don't have 18 points to spend in an off-tree at the moment. :)
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:49 am

amh wrote:
d503 wrote:Also, are you going to have so many points in reaver that you can't get 18 in Paladin??? I suppose if you were going the 51pter route, you would.

amh wrote:for quite some time.

Patience, young reaveradin. I'm currently level 20ish; I certainly don't have 18 points to spend in an off-tree at the moment. :)

Yeah, that's the big problem. My guildmate hit 18 last night and was like, "Eh, I could tank IT, but I won't have Plague Bringer yet so I'll just DPS." In that case Reaver main would've been better for him, but I think he just didn't wanna tank anyway ;)

None-the-less, as daunting as this talent tree system was when the game first hit some of the latter betas, I feel quite comfortable with it now. Great job in making some really unique and promising combos if you ask me.
d503

Postby sahiel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:57 pm

I must admit i'm playing a cheesey Riftblade/Champion finisher spec where my fiery burst is hitting for a total of 300+ at lvl 12 >.<

It's fun to dps for a change but i'll likely grab a Pally tanking spec as soon as I hit Meridian and can get the souls.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:02 pm

sahiel wrote:I must admit i'm playing a cheesey Riftblade/Champion finisher spec where my fiery burst is hitting for a total of 300+ at lvl 12 >.<

It's fun to dps for a change but i'll likely grab a Pally tanking spec as soon as I hit Meridian and can get the souls.

Amen brutha. Riftblade/Champion/0ptBeastmaster here. Pet adds some nice free DPS. I really like Riftblade and Champion has some pretty fantastic synergy. I'm a little irked that they took the DOT component from Flame Spear, but it having no cooldown means that I use it as an AP builder over Searing strike since it hits harder....kinda retarded imo.
d503

Postby sahiel » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 am

d503 wrote:
sahiel wrote:I must admit i'm playing a cheesey Riftblade/Champion finisher spec where my fiery burst is hitting for a total of 300+ at lvl 12 >.<

Amen brutha. Riftblade/Champion/0ptBeastmaster here. Pet adds some nice free DPS. I really like Riftblade and Champion has some pretty fantastic synergy. I'm a little irked that they took the DOT component from Flame Spear, but it having no cooldown means that I use it as an AP builder over Searing strike since it hits harder....kinda retarded imo.

Pretty much the exact same!

If you haven't yet, wait til you get Rift Surge, it's nice vs mobs but it's super lol in pvp, you destroy everyone. I expect a nerf to come soon, not because it needs one, but because people are too stupid to look at a debuff and cleanse/stop slamming their face into the kb for 5 seconds, thus they raise hell on the forums, and mostly, they still think it's flame spear killing them >.<

It's a great way to sort out the smarter players from the bad though, I guess a good example of the same in WoW would be people who keep running around with the "if you move you take damage!" lightning debuff in Halls, except this one tends to kill them if they keep casting :D
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Other Games