Patch 4.1 changes

Warning: Theorycraft inside.

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, theckhd

Patch 4.1 changes

Postby Durability » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 am

EDIT: Delete, I guess.
Last edited by Durability on Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Durability

Re: Patch 4.1 changes

Postby Marilee » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:20 am

WoG 20 second cooldown is pretty damn major. I use it a heck of a lot more often than every 20 seconds.

This may not be a huge nerf to the way they intend prot pallies to play, but it sure is a nerf to the current way we do play. (Well, me at least. Maybe I'm weird. But I think it's pretty normal to be spending almost all HP on WoG once the threat lead is established.)

Anywho, really sucks for our self-healing. Dunno how it will all balance out in the end so I'll just hope and pray and wait and see. :)
Marilee

Postby exiledknight » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:37 am

The main problem I can see with the WoG nerf, is the fact that our self healing is what would keep us competitve with prot warriors, with the new tier will come the having full CTC. Where our extra BR(if you will)smooths things out, prot warriors still may benefit from stacking mastery to increase critical block.
exiledknight

Postby ceric » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:56 am

We'll have to see how the PTR pans out but I can not see how we can be competative without a mitigation buff to compensate for WoG having a cooldown. I honestly don't see us currently being any better then any of the other tanks, except the poor bears. In fact if we didn't have WoG I don't think we be competative at all.
ceric

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:59 am

Just to nip this in the bud, there's already a 4.1 PTR thread in the General forums, and this isn't the right forum to bullshit about the patch notes. If I don't see equations in the next few posts, this thread is getting locked.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Return to Advanced Theorycraft and Calculations