Postby Treck » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:55 am

Chicken wrote:Entangling roots?

+ cyclone.
One druid/add.
No enrage.
Treck

Re: [25] Nefarian Add Kiting

Postby Kerriodos » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:05 am

On normal the shadowflame breaks CC. I can't imagine this is somehow less true on heroic. Entangling Roots would ensure they get hit and never drop stacks, which means as soon as they're free people start dying very fast. I suppose with extremely good control it's possible, but it seems like a lot of trouble to go to versus trying to keep them out of fire.

Edit: Cyclone would make sense. Since they're immune, fire doesn't break the CC. Good call.
Kerriodos

Postby Arianne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:09 pm

After the first two minutes it becomes pretty hard to keep them out of the fire due to how fast the shadowblaze is happening at that point. After the third minute I'd think it becomes pretty impossible given the amount of fire on the ground and the number of videos I've watched where the add tank dies at around 3 minutes and the rest of the fight is people trying to rush to kill the last 5% while the adds slowly kill them.
Arianne

Postby baleogthefierce » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:11 am

I imagine that 11 Tranquility cooldowns are pretty helpful for topping the raid off after electrocutes in p1/p2.
baleogthefierce

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:48 pm

As to the 11 druid comment that the world first nefarian kill got for heroic. They brought back class calls for heroics and there is a druid class call which puts all druids in kitty form, however they did more damage during that phase, and the rip that they put up would just rape him during the other phases because it would stay up because of some kitty druid thing.

Now as far as add kiting goes. My guild goes through 2 shocks in the air, I'm going to go ahead and do that timer thing ( because I don't have good timers for shadowblaze and Big Whigs messes up standard blizzard warnings, which I don't like).

However I mean I feel that we kind of outgear it now, and I kind of suck at the add kiting. So um first off wowhead says they get that stacking buff over time ( its not every time they hit you apparently). Um after I have signifigant threat on them I want to try and just have my feral druid ( third tank),

1. AoE taunt blow CD's get threat ( apply slow to them)
2. When they get a lot of stacks or starts to get hard, he just gets either a BoP/ Glyphed Hand of Salv
3. I'm on opposite side of room they all come to me... slowed ( but still fast because of stacked debuff.
4. We'll be standing in a position to where fire wont go everywhere
5. I'll bubble/Hand of salv when they get to me
6. Do that like a few times and nef will be dead.

I'll learn it the right way for heroic, but that seems like a simple tactic to handle the adds if you kind of are not doing so good ( like me) at add kiting.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:32 pm

2Cute2BeStr8 wrote:1. AoE taunt blow CD's get threat ( apply slow to them)
2. When they get a lot of stacks or starts to get hard, he just gets either a BoP/ Glyphed Hand of Salv
3. I'm on opposite side of room they all come to me... slowed ( but still fast because of stacked debuff.
4. We'll be standing in a position to where fire wont go everywhere
5. I'll bubble/Hand of salv when they get to me
6. Do that like a few times and nef will be dead.

I'll learn it the right way for heroic, but that seems like a simple tactic to handle the adds if you kind of are not doing so good ( like me) at add kiting.

By doing this, you can buy a few more seconds in the last phase before dying.
This will pretty much ensure the adds getting fire = new energy.
The very easiest way (imo) to deal with the "kiting" is by tanking the boss in the middle, and the adds kited in a big circle around (around the pillars).
With the boss kept so that his side is towards the addtank, so no breaths or no tail lashes.
Fire spawns ontop of the adds (or rather where the adds were when the boss casted meteor)
So if you backpeddle in a big circle you can reset the adds energy bar multiple times.
They can be stunned and slowed, but you wanna be extra carefull when you stunn them so that the meteor doesnt lant while they are stunned.
Doing this tactic you can easily keep kiting the adds forever, since they will reset stacks all the time.
Just really make sure to move the adds when meteor is casted (if really needed, you can have a moonkin run behind the adds, Typhooning them every time Nefarian casts the meteor, that way no adds can touch the fire.
And since fire spawns on adds, they wont really reach the raid since its out on the sides.
Treck

Postby Faro » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:17 pm

baleogthefierce wrote:I imagine that 11 Tranquility cooldowns are pretty helpful for topping the raid off after electrocutes in p1/p2.

Nef mind controls applying a damage multiplier. Feral druids were having rip ticks of upwards of 500k, so the last phase didn't last very long.
"Safiyas, if you don't stop screwing up I'm going to replace you with someone that has a Y chromosome." -Laethalas
Nikachelle on the Jewelcrafting Nerf- "Called my boyfriend up and told him. Think I ruined his day. :s"
Faro

Postby superworm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:20 am

I tried continue kiting the adds, in this way they were not caught by fire and die as planned. However after some time I would run to a place where the fire hasn't gone out, and things would get out of control. We got Nef to 3% this way (he was 61% when p3 starts).
Later I tried another method. I pulled the adds out of fire, and parked them in a place. When I saw the blue ball coming down, I began to move. The problem is, sometimes it was too late and the adds would catch fire and smash me down.

Should I continue to use the first method, and hope our dps get their balls (or push another 10% in P2)? It seems if I want to use the second method, I should start moving earlier. Is there a cast bar or something for the shadowblaze? Maybe I should set Nef as foucs and pay close attention to his skills.
superworm

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:37 am

DBM has a timer for shadowblaze. I don't know if bigwigs does as well.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Milius » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:40 am

Bigwigs has a timer for it as well
Milius

Postby Arianne » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:46 pm

At about 5% you're probably going to have too much fire in the room. You can get around it by having a mage frost nova or holy pally stun the adds and reverse direction. You can also have a feral or warrior or some other tanky type DPS grab a few off you and everyone blow CDs to live as long as possible.
Arianne

Postby d503 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:30 pm

Arianne wrote:At about 5% you're probably going to have too much fire in the room. You can get around it by having a mage frost nova or holy pally stun the adds and reverse direction. You can also have a feral or warrior or some other tanky type DPS grab a few off you and everyone blow CDs to live as long as possible.

Yeah, usually in the last 10% if I run out of kiting room, I call for a Life Grip to the center and we have priests and warriors start fearing while I run out of range. No Novas because we don't want people getting NovOWNed. We also call for Army of the Dead to distract them.
d503

Postby Ezelyn » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:15 am

Hello, new reader since few days, and new poster from today (please excuse my crappy english btw)

I still dont understand :

wich mechanic makes squelettons gains stacks on them ?
- is it hit recieved ?
- is it when they hit somebody ?
- is this just a stack each x seconds doesnt matter what u do on them ?

And last question, is it the same mechanic in P1 ?

Thanks
we manage to kill nefa without knowing that but it could be usefull :D
Ezelyn

Postby Chicken » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 am

The stack just increases every few seconds, in both phases where the adds are active.
Chicken

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:18 am

They gain a stack every 4 seconds they're active. They lose 2 energy every second. Perfect add control = 14/15 stacks on each add by the time they run out of energy and fall over. If you're running out of room when moving them around the outer edge, you're moving them a lot quicker/further than you need to.
Rhiannon

PreviousNext

Return to Cataclysm Raids (T11+)