Gold Farmer?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Gold Farmer?

Postby Rachmaninoff » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-12541769

simply insane, I can't play for much for than 5 hours...
Rachmaninoff

Re: Gold Farmer?

Postby Shyrtandros » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:45 pm

If he is a gold farmer.. and if he was dumb enough to play that much of ANY game non-stop.. he earned some phat lewt..

Soulbound [Jar of Ashes] price ... life..
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Zobel » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Gold farmers are paid (barely) to play. This guy was paying. Ergo not a gold farmer.
Zobel

Postby masterpoobaa » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:51 pm

How to fail thru winning!

I wonder what he was doing the few hours before his death?
Couldnt have been doing anything complex, his reactions and actions would have been horribly horribly fooked up after 3 days straight of gaming.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Rachmaninoff » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:56 am

masterpoobaa wrote:How to fail thru winning!

Couldnt have been doing anything complex, his reactions and actions would have been horribly horribly fooked up after 3 days straight of gaming.

I know, I can't fathom how you can sit in front of a computer for that amount of time without having something to drink or eat. I need to have some water after an hour. when I was unemployed I was playing wow about 50-60 hours a week (and 12+ hours a week doing job searches) and I hated myself for it but I had nothing else to do.

and doesn't this guy have a job to pay for the bill?
Rachmaninoff

Postby Fetzie » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:47 pm

masterpoobaa wrote:How to fail thru winning!

I don't get it either. I have now been awake for 15 hours. 8 of them have been spent in front of a computer screen with breaks in between. My typing has become somewhat erratic and I am having to force my eyes to focus on the screen and not look at the keyboard as I type half slumped in my chair. I also find it hard to believe that no-one thought to ask the guy how he was as he had been sitting there watching a screen for nearly 72 hours, or tell him he would have to leave because they are shutting up shop for the night.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:45 pm

@Rach:
Weekend gaming perhaps? And if he didn't have any way to be contacted by his job, and they didn't keep any sort of regular tabs on the guy... they may have just not known where to find him. It's also possible he just quit/got fired/was laid off/etc.

@Pyrea:
24 hr internet cafes. I'd be willing to bet they have them in China (since last I checked, internet cafes are the primary source for Chinese internet usage.)

@Topic:
Honestly, I can understand that I'm "addicted" to WoW, but I can't say that I've ever forgone sleep/eating/bio/work to play. Now, I've been invited to go out with friends, and sometimes pass that up for WoW, but that's usually because I don't really want to go where they're going in the first place (I'm not a big fan of clubs, and only occasionally go bar hopping with them.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Poclain » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:26 am

Well, talking about asians, they can be pretty extreme.

Knowing a lot of koreans who play excessively SC/SC2/CS/WC/WoW, it's pretty easy to imagine how they spend a whole weekend with noting else than gaming and cup noodles.

tbh, I believe I could do the same. Maybe it's in our genes ;)

Heck, I once spend the whole night in an internet cafe in Seoul, falling asleep in the comfy chair (and believe me, they are comfy!), and noone bothered to check whether I'm still breathing ...
Pocladin@EU Gilneas
English is hard ...
Poclain

Postby Skwigelf » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:30 am

I couldn't play 72 hours straight, but I have had weekends where I wake up around 8am, log in and pretty much play till 10pm only taking a few breaks to eat and stretch my legs, and I do this 2 or 3 days in a row.

Oddly enough I am not a raider, PvPer, nor do I PUG. I'm not particularly well geared and I dont have any max leveled crafting professions.

I often wonder what I do with all that time. Then I forget what I was wondering about and continue doing my daily quests.
Skwigelf

Postby Shyrtandros » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:48 am

Skwigelf wrote:I couldn't play 72 hours straight, but I have had weekends where I wake up around 8am, log in and pretty much play till 10pm only taking a few breaks to eat and stretch my legs, and I do this 2 or 3 days in a row.

Oddly enough I am not a raider, PvPer, nor do I PUG. I'm not particularly well geared and I dont have any max leveled crafting professions.

I often wonder what I do with all that time. Then I forget what I was wondering about and continue doing my daily quests.

I miss doing that..

It's been a long time since I've been able to wake up in the morning and just play all day long due to RL :( ..

but even when I myself did "plug in" for the day I usually left the house for lunch to "get away" for a little bit and got up for minor breaks on occasion even though I'd play for 14+ hours of gaming and maybe 2-4 hours of non-gaming.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Return to Arkham Asylum