Remove Advertisements

Black Temple - Supremus

Naj'entus, Supremus, Akama, Gorefiend, Gurtogg Bloodboil, RoS, Sharaz, Council, Illidan

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, fiend

Postby enbee » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:51 am

I always MT him, since it's a far easier pickup for a paladin
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

Postby Barter » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:07 am

Lore wrote:Yeah I've been OT'ing him successfully for a while now, not sure what I was thinking when I said it wasn't possible >.>

Before 2.3 maybe :P
Barter

Postby Cakes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:06 pm

We run this fight with 3 tanks, 1 to MT, and 2 for hurtfuls. When we were first working on him, we were having trouble with the mechanics of hurtfuls (there's a big thread about in on EJ if you're interested)and we found he was doing hurtfuls far more often than we had expected. So he would typically double hurtful an offtank, who would then not get topped off in time for the next hurtful, and a full health rogue/dps warrior would eat it. After getting 3 tanks up there, we didn't have any more problems with the fight (other than dumb people taking lava baths).

And this fight is definitely off-tankable by a paladin, irreguardless of 2.3.
Cakes

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:53 pm

Why OTing him, 4k+ istant threat on phase transition makes us sweet Main Tanks for this encounter.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Cakes » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:22 pm

I'm not saying to do one or the other, I'm just saying it's feasible to off tank perfectly fine, echoing Lore's statement above.
Cakes

Postby Relel » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:30 pm

Lore wrote:Yeah I've been OT'ing him successfully for a while now, not sure what I was thinking when I said it wasn't possible >.>

IDK if any other guild or paladin did this before

but <Envy> of Mug'thol used a paladin Mt for our first ever Supremus Attempts/kill, the warrior was offtanking

(Druid didn't show-up hehe =s )

Tankadin: Tornado
Offtank: Mococo (Guild's MT)
Relel

Postby Worldie » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:35 pm

We regularly use me as Main Tank and warrior+druid or warrior+warrior as offtanks for Supremus.

It's just easier for us to pick him up than for a warrior actually, and burst threat is wonderful to resume quickly the DPS on him.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:24 pm

Yeah I MT this fight, I don't know why you wouldn't with two abilities usable at 30 yards to pick him up...it's great. Warrior OT works just fine, as well.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Ranluka » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:14 pm

My only question, does the hurtful crush?
Ranluka

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:54 pm

Ranluka wrote:My only question, does the hurtful crush?

Well, in our 3 weeks of killing him so far we've always had our Feral Druid be the Hurtful tank, and looking over the WWS he's never taken a crush, so I think it's safe to say Hurtful can't crush.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:48 pm

Hurtful are "skills" and so can't crush. Only white melee attack can crush.
Not sure if hurtfuls can crit, probably not.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Caelia » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Worldie wrote:Hurtful are "skills" and so can't crush. Only white melee attack can crush.
Not sure if hurtfuls can crit, probably not.

wouldnt want to be on the receiving end of a hurtful crit thats for sure...
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Whoopie » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:00 am

whatever you do, do not put that flowery red crap on him from valentine's day. hes so big it covers A LOT of the floor and at 5% we had a flawless run turn into a near wipe because people couldn't see volcanos. good stuff.
Whoopie

Postby nicolax » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:19 am

i just would like to have confirmation of something, we are probably going for it tonight after naj'entus :

- the mt can have more hp than the ot ?

since i'm the mt of the guild, i will probably tank supremus, and use one of our warrior for offtanking. if he has less hp than me but still way more than melee dps, it should work no ?
nicolax

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:46 am

The HP of the main tank don't matter.

Hurtful hits the highest HP target in melee range who is not the current aggro holder.
On a second note, use 2 OT to be sure. Even just a DPS war in stam gear.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to Black Temple