Remove Advertisements

Server transfer from hi pop. to low.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Server transfer from hi pop. to low.

Postby masterpoobaa » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:41 pm

Planing on transfering an excess toon to a friends low pop server.
Wondering what are currently good things to transfer that tend to have high price differentials?

Chaos orbs?
Chromatic gems?
red uncut gems?
Volatiles?
anything else?

[EDIT]Found a nice 10-15g potential profit margin on pyrite ore when i transfer
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Server transfer from hi pop. to low.

Postby Digren » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:12 pm

The most consistent thing about low pop server economies is that they vary wildly. Does this particular server have a miner bot (or someone who really likes to farm ore?) They prices will be low for that ore. Does it not? Then ore prices may be unusually high.

I suggest checking the prices of a lot of regular goods and taking a variety of the best. Consider both easy-to-move commodities (like enchanting mats) and higher-profit, slower items (like noncombat pets) so you can pick up some quick cash and then maximize your profit as you sell off the rest over time. Bonus points for taking along mats for your own trade skills, and then dominating the new markets. (Might want to do this using a alt so people don't start making fun of you on trade chat.)
Digren

Postby Sabindeus » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Digren wrote:The most consistent thing about low pop server economies is that they vary wildly. Does this particular server have a miner bot (or someone who really likes to farm ore?) They prices will be low for that ore. Does it not? Then ore prices may be unusually high.

Truth. It only takes the presence/absence of one person to ruin an economy on a low pop realm.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:32 pm

Yeah i saw that.
On khaz volatile water fire and air are 20-25g normally, with earth 15 and life 12.
On the new server, its exactly the same, except for Water, which is half the price at 10g.

Definitely a farmer in that market.

Character has been transfered, in the end i purchaced a few stacks of pyrite ore and some truegold bars.
Will hopefully get 5-10g profit for each ore and 50-100g on the bars.
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Koatanga » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:26 pm

I hope it works out for you.

Having been on a low-pop server, there is no way I would ever go back to one. You could almost never pug, and the few you could get involved with were made by people who were rejected by even the reject guilds.

Guilds were full of drama because if you wanted to assemble enough people to do anything you had the choice of the mouth-breathers or the drama queens to make up the numbers. People chose the drama queens because at least with them there was a slight chance of getting drops for them to QQ about.

Or you could be in one of the two "leet" guilds who spent most of the time lording their alleged superiority over others until they, too, needed numbers and had to recruit from the very same people they were calling "retards" just weeks before.

Never again.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby masterpoobaa » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Worry not my good friend Koatanga!
This server transfer was a L37 Belfadin i had sitting around gathering dust.

Most of my toons (and gold) are on alliance Khaz'goroth.

Only moved this one toon and her 3k gold to be with a work collegue.
Purely a recreational toon 8)
masterpoobaa

Postby Koatanga » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:44 pm

That's a relief.

My wife and I actually went back to the old hellhole to check up with an old, and levelled up a couple toons to raid with him. This was fairly late in the Wrath expansion. As they were both fresh-ding 80s, we were spending some gold and running the world-event bosses to get some gear. People in the guild laughed at us because Cata was only a few months away, so why bother gearing anything.

Turns out the guild was full of these "why bother" types, which pretty much explains why they had such little progression. They pretty much crapped on anyone who had any sort of drive. And if you dared to buck the trend, they did this "do you know who I am?" thing. It was like bizarro-world raiding where the scrubs looked down on those who tried not to be as fail.

Kinda sad I went back.

Pull your friend to the high-pop server :)
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Flipthebird » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:28 pm

Not all low-pops are like that though.

My server is just fine. There's always going to be better-than-you types in every server.

Pugging is great on my server, and the LFG helps since it doesn't just look on your server anyway. But, even trying to assemble a 25-man BH or whatever...it goes pretty smoothly and friendly.
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Return to General