Remove Advertisements

Dont ever give up guild lead, blizzard is ok with theft.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Dont ever give up guild lead, blizzard is ok with theft.

Postby culhag » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 pm

While losing the guild level sure sucks, I'm not sure quitting over the loss of something we didn't have 3 months ago is worth it.

To me the biggest loss would be the Guild created on 12-12-2005 in /ginfo.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby lythac » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:56 pm

The only perk I would miss is a 15 minute HS.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Kelaan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Raiding on 3 flasks a night instead of 1 would be frustrating, as I hate chores.

Honor/money/etc gains are less of an issue when you're already mostly geared, but the direct raiding benefits of cheaper flasks is awesome.

culhag wrote:While losing the guild level sure sucks, I'm not sure quitting over the loss of something we didn't have 3 months ago is worth it.

There's this, but at the same time part of his frustration is that he put all that work into running a guild, and now he can't get it back. That DOES suck. Making a new guild shouldn't be so bad, though.
Kelaan

Postby mavfin » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:20 am

My only comment about the thread name is:

No, Blizzard isn't ok with theft, but, they're not going to save you from yourself, either, if you give away GM for no good reason to someone you shouldn't have.

I'm not trying to be mean, but accusing Blizzard of wrongdoing in this instance is really stretching.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Vrimmel » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:56 am

Kelaan wrote:Raiding on 3 flasks a night instead of 1 would be frustrating, as I hate chores.

Honor/money/etc gains are less of an issue when you're already mostly geared, but the direct raiding benefits of cheaper flasks is awesome.

culhag wrote:While losing the guild level sure sucks, I'm not sure quitting over the loss of something we didn't have 3 months ago is worth it.

There's this, but at the same time part of his frustration is that he put all that work into running a guild, and now he can't get it back. That DOES suck. Making a new guild shouldn't be so bad, though.

Making a new guild is easy, but a guild is not a static item. It is a collection of individuals who during a timespan interact with eachother to further promote eachother's game experience. You can always make a new guild. But you will never be able to reobtain the history where you did this and that in vanilla, tbc, wotlk etc. Nor will you ever get the same member composition.
Vrimmel

Previous

Return to General