Remove Advertisements

DK DW and TG Warriors

Ret, Holy, PVP, etc

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Baelor

DK DW and TG Warriors

Postby Kraziness » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:53 am

Recently I recieved epic 1 hander from Magmaw. I had been raiding on my DK as 2H frost, even before the recent buff to that frost spec. I then reforged my armor to boost my hit when I went DW spec. I didn't like it one bit, it seems to me that trying to hit cap when dual wielding is just too big of a PITA for the payoffs to other dps stats. I went back to 2H and decided to keep the epic in the off chance somewhere down the road I get really bored or get some sort of massive +hit trinket or something.

However on my Fury TG warrior, in some PVP crafted gear, a few pices of JP gear, a couple of heroic items I am sitting at an easy unbuffed 18% to hit. There are still alot of pieces of gear I could go get that would increase that +hit alot too. Is it just me or why does a warrior wielding two 2H weapons seem more viable than a DK wielding two 1H weapons? What is the hit cap for TG warriors? Anyone hit cap your white hits on a TG warrior, if so how much +hit does it take? Any thoughts?
Dell can go F themsleves in the A
Kraziness

Re: DK DW and TG Warriors

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:25 am

Kraziness wrote:Recently I recieved epic 1 hander from Magmaw. I had been raiding on my DK as 2H frost, even before the recent buff to that frost spec. I then reforged my armor to boost my hit when I went DW spec. I didn't like it one bit, it seems to me that trying to hit cap when dual wielding is just too big of a PITA for the payoffs to other dps stats. I went back to 2H and decided to keep the epic in the off chance somewhere down the road I get really bored or get some sort of massive +hit trinket or something.

However on my Fury TG warrior, in some PVP crafted gear, a few pices of JP gear, a couple of heroic items I am sitting at an easy unbuffed 18% to hit. There are still alot of pieces of gear I could go get that would increase that +hit alot too. Is it just me or why does a warrior wielding two 2H weapons seem more viable than a DK wielding two 1H weapons? What is the hit cap for TG warriors? Anyone hit cap your white hits on a TG warrior, if so how much +hit does it take? Any thoughts?

Everything I've read says, it doesn't make sense to white hit cap a DK. You should soft cap (8%) and exp cap (26) and after that stack mastery, then crit. As far as TG warriors... can't help you there. Though I'm sure someone here can.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:59 am

sorry, after playing most of her time in Wrath at 80 as fury and leveling to 84 as fury, my warrior is arms again
idr the hit caps off the top of my head

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:13 am

I wish our warriors were Arms ... then I could roll on 2H weapons that drop for my offspec. :D
Kelaan

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:19 am

Kelaan wrote:I wish our warriors were Arms ... then I could roll on 2H weapons that drop for my offspec. :D

:D
once i get her to raid content (or just another 346+ 2hd) i will prob go back to fury, but for now i am enjoying arms

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby thatguy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:32 am

bldavis wrote:
Kelaan wrote:I wish our warriors were Arms ... then I could roll on 2H weapons that drop for my offspec. :D

once i get her to raid content (or just another 346+ 2hd) i will prob go back to fury, but for now i am enjoying arms

You blaspheme!

Fury warriors are drunken boobs that just throw themselves willy nilly at stuff. Arms warriors are strategic opportunists. I am admittedly a poor arms warrior but I find it quite fun.
thatguy

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:39 am

thatguy wrote:
bldavis wrote:

You blaspheme!

Fury warriors are drunken boobs that just throw themselves willy nilly at stuff. Arms warriors are strategic opportunists. I am admittedly a poor arms warrior but I find it quite fun.

well im a dwarf at heart so does that count?

edit: oh and i am wearing a taz shirt today :twisted:

bldavis

Postby thatguy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:49 am

bldavis wrote:

You sir, are a fury warrior.
thatguy

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:57 am

thatguy wrote:
bldavis wrote:

You sir, are a fury warrior.

apperently a one armed fury, so i can only use one weapon atm

bldavis

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:05 am

thatguy wrote:You sir, are a fury warrior.

/salute

That was an awesome. :D

That's interesting, though -- how competitive are arms and fury, respectively? I wonder why our guys play one or the other.
Kelaan

Postby thatguy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:56 am

Kelaan wrote:
thatguy wrote:You sir, are a fury warrior.

/salute

That was an awesome. :D

That's interesting, though -- how competitive are arms and fury, respectively? I wonder why our guys play one or the other.

Based on what I'm hearing over at EJ (and I admittedly struggle to keep up with all the back and forth), fury is out-distancing arms by a decent margin. Most of it deals with the damage done during the Execute phase.

Now, arms is still viable and they bring some nice debuffs but pound for pound, fury is leading the charge. I like arms because of the procs. Some people call it babysitting but it floats my boat.
thatguy

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:59 am

fury will always be ahead of arms given current design, esp at higher gear levels

arms is still really good for heroics and esp pvp
plus i enjoy watching for procs :twisted:

bldavis

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm

Skye1013 wrote:Everything I've read says, it doesn't make sense to white hit cap a DK. You should soft cap (8%) and exp cap (26) and after that stack mastery, then crit. As far as TG warriors... can't help you there. Though I'm sure someone here can.

You have that a little off. Priority for a DW Frost DK

STR -> hit (8%) -> EXP (26) -> Mastery -> HASTE -> Crit -> White Hit.

Crit is a vastly devalued stat to the spec due to Killing Machine Procs.

I do not for the life of me understand why people think you need to hard cap Frost DK's. You don't have to hard cap Rogues. You don't have to hard cap ENH shaman (I'm talking white hits). The ONLY reason that Fury was/is going for white cap is because of the way rage generation works now.

We have NOTHING that works like that. 8% is plenty. Don't gem it. Reforge EXP over 26, then Crit, Then Haste. Don't touch mastery if you can help it.
Shoju

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:04 am

Consider @ EJ forums wrote:Dual Wield
Strength > Hit to cap* >= Expertise to cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste > Agility > Hit to spell cap
DW, on the other hand, places a premium on mastery. This isn't because it benefits more from the stat than 2H, but simply that it doesn't gain extra value from the other options! Crit is in second, with haste bringing up the rear. The reason why haste is so mediocre for the spec all comes down to the fact that DW, even in entry level gear, is near GCD locked, and thus doesn't get the full benefit that it otherwise would.

That's what I was basing my info off of.

Edit: *Note this refers to the soft cap of 8%
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:46 pm

Kraziness wrote:However on my Fury TG warrior, in some PVP crafted gear, a few pices of JP gear, a couple of heroic items I am sitting at an easy unbuffed 18% to hit. There are still alot of pieces of gear I could go get that would increase that +hit alot too. Is it just me or why does a warrior wielding two 2H weapons seem more viable than a DK wielding two 1H weapons? What is the hit cap for TG warriors? Anyone hit cap your white hits on a TG warrior, if so how much +hit does it take? Any thoughts?

Oldish thread I guess, but TG white-hitcap is the same as everyone else, 27%. However hit is still a pretty low priority stat so you do don't particularly want 18% hit. As SMF hit is more worthwhile, but still no something you try to stack up on (at least in current tiers; I imagine that if you can hardcap it in a tier or two without significantly hurting your other stats you would do it).
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Next

Return to Off-specs & Other Classes