LoH off the GCD ... !!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LoH off the GCD ... !!

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:51 am

I'm now finding very annoying to try to LoH someone only to get nothing happening, cause the person has Forbearance and i didn't notice.

Had to put a new mark on Grid for forbearance, bah.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:56 am

Pyrea wrote:I don't see why we can't just say "I'm gearing for unhittability".

Unless you're explicitly discussing hit mechanics, most people will assume that a blocked hit counts as a hit (especially when most hits are blocked).

The other option pre-4.0.6 was to gear for maximum damage reduction, which is different slightly than CTC because of the 40% vs 100% block / avoidance difference. Hence you could gear for CTC or MDR.

There's not really any difference, since even in blues you rapidly reach DR levels where mastery accounts for more reduction of damage than dodge/parry. And damage reduction is a term usually reserved for mitigation, not avoidance.

Uncrushable may not be relevant anymore, but there was never any confusion about what it meant: 102.4%
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Call it "Un-normal habitability"?
Or just go for the old "block cap" :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Previous

Return to General